We must be doing something right...

direwolf

It dawned on me after reading the article complaining about how rough we play and whatnot that we could very well become one of those teams that no one wants to play.

Well, I say GOOD. I'm sick of teams showing up knowing that they can toss us around because we're built on finesse. No more of that garbage. If the other team is complaining about you, you're doing something right. Football's a rough game and while the roughest team doesn't always win, it **** sure helps.

I don't want them to tone down the aggression at all. I just want them to be smart about it. As long as our coaches get our players to maul people up to the whistle and then chill, that's perfect. Even if we don't win, I want to see the other team limping to the locker room with bruises from head to foot.

Direwolf

It dawned on me after reading the article complaining about how rough we play and whatnot that we could very well become one of those teams that no one wants to play.

Well, I say GOOD. I'm sick of teams showing up knowing that they can toss us around because we're built on finesse. No more of that garbage. If the other team is complaining about you, you're doing something right. Football's a rough game and while the roughest team doesn't always win, it **** sure helps.

I don't want them to tone down the aggression at all. I just want them to be smart about it. As long as our coaches get our players to maul people up to the whistle and then chill, that's perfect. Even if we don't win, I want to see the other team limping to the locker room with bruises from head to foot.

Direwolf

I like it too. Also, if they stop fighting at the whistle, they are likely to be the ones to draw the 15 yard penalties, rather than have them called against us. What I don't want is to be giving away 15 free yards at a time.

I made the same point just last night regarding our o-line being called "dirty" by the Titties, er, I mean Titans.

There's nothing wrong with giving the other team the business (Lord Knows we've been on the receiving end too many times), but our guys have to play smart.

Don't do that crap in front of the refs.

There's nothing wrong with giving the other team the business (Lord Knows we've been on the receiving end too many times), but our guys have to play smart.

Oh that Jets and Bills game... That was hilarious. Ron Cherry in the ACC did the same thing not too long ago :lol:

Direwolf

2 things that anyone playing football knows clearly.

When one player is whipping his opponent, both of those two players know who's getting their butt beat.

The guy with the upperhand knows it and the guy getting beat knows it.

This is usualy when the guy getting beat starts the chicken fighting and "hair pulling" as claimed by the Titan players.

That "chicken fighting" is that tacky thing Roddy White does, it actually shows that Roddy is intimidated, it makes Roddy look as if he is getting beat whether that is the case or not.

Roddy needs to avoid losing his cool, it only gives the opponent the edge.