Ryan made Jenkins look good

IronHead34

Both

What??? Anyone should be able to catch a "quick slant." It's the coaching system that allowed these two to look good. We've been calling for quick slants for at least 3 years now.....I do commend Ryan for getting the ball out in a timely manner. After the very first pass, my wife even applauded Ryan. "He really gets rid of the ball" I was a bit surprised that she noticed. :D

What??? Anyone should be able to catch a "quick slant." It's the coaching system that allowed these two to look good. We've been calling for quick slants for at least 3 years now.....I do commend Ryan for getting the ball out in a timely manner. After the very first pass, my wife even applauded Ryan. "He really gets rid of the ball" I was a bit surprised that she noticed. :D

just kidding RYAN :P

LOL. And I mean it, my co-worker just looked over to see why I was laughing.

jenkins is a solid receiver. he can make plays, a good quarterback will definitly help him

Well, MJ is out of excuses.

He's had his 3 years to 'develop'

He can't blame Petrino's offense

He can't blame MV's left hand spin on the ball

Put up or shut up this season.

Well, MJ is out of excuses.

He's had his 3 years to 'develop'

He can't blame Petrino's offense

He can't blame MV's left hand spin on the ball

Put up or shut up this season.

no doubt, this is his last year to either break out or bust out. but i think hes likely to just remain an average receiver in this league

Speedy receivers is the way the league is going these days....i have NO idea why Laurent Robinson is listed behind Michael Jenkins on the depth chart....that is just tragic....

Because of experience and Laurent hasn't been healthy. Jenks is a pro, never hurt may not show up every game but at least he's there. Laurent will eventually play but I would rather see MJ.

I never thought I would say this, but even Jenkins looked good out there. :P Was it him, or was it Ryan?

With passes completed to 11 receivers it is clear that we will once again have receivers. The 7 era teams had one receiver, nobody else ever got any passes.

The Ryan era receivers will become well known vs the previous passing mess we had.

Seems the fans will enjoy having multiple heroes vs one guy.

With Ryan the Falcons will flourish vs what everybody was forced to settle for before Ryan.

Yeah the way the ball is being spread around is really incredible. Usually you see rookies focus on one guy, but Ryan is really mixing it up.

I gotta compliment Mularkey and the coaching staff too for keeping the passing game short and intermediate so Ryan is not sitting there with a bullseye on his back. But Ryan still gets the kudos for reading the field so well, and his quick release.

Any BC fan will tell you Ryan's most unsung attribute is his ability to spread the ball around. The flip side to that is guys play that much harder for him. 1st or 2nd option on a play? Run your route, get open, and you'll get it. 4th option on a play? Ryan checks fast and you'll get it more often than you think.

BC basically had 5 wideouts they used with regularity. They caught 64/56/54/45/30 passes which is a pretty even split when you consider we did have actual starters. Justin Jarvis was our 6th receiver and he caught 19 balls. Our RB led the team in receptions with 76 and our tight end, who is our best receiver, caught 54. And 7 more guys caught balls for us over the course of the year, 2 in double digits.

In other words, you're always an option in a Matt Ryan offense.

If we could finally have our two first round receivers really play like first round receivers it would make my season. Roddy White finally showed that he deserved the high pick, now Jenkins needs to just go out there and do what made him worthy of that high pick. It really is that simple. And I honestly believe that he will have a good year and we'll finally have great receivers. I won't have to look at other teams like the Cardinals and wonder what it's like to actually have receivers that can play.