Suggestion for J. Mike....

oregonsfan

J. Mike, would it be possible for the sound at the pressers to be turned up a bit? It is pretty much impossible to hear the questions, and sometimes difficult to hear the answers, even when the player/coach is standing in front of the mic at the podium.

sometimes i jack my sound up to max when they ask questions and lower it when they asnwer, but sometimes they talk at the same time and there is just nothing i can do. i gotta take it like a man, well my ears have to take it like men.

I have same complaint here. With all the facilities available they should be able to address it IMO.

The problem is most of these interviews are after practices on the outside of the complexes. They are impromptoo (sp?) and happen in different places each time. After games and stuff, thats one thing. There should be overhead mics installed to pick up that sound. The ones during the week after practices well just have to deal with those.

Yea they need to add a crowd mic,

I suggested back in the day that they put a mic in a Nerf Football to be passed around by the reporters, or something

ROFLOL.....would be funny trying to watch Pastabelly & other reporters trying to catch a football so they can ask a question.

J. Mike, would it be possible for the sound at the pressers to be turned up a bit? It is pretty much impossible to hear the questions, and sometimes difficult to hear the answers, even when the player/coach is standing in front of the mic at the podium.

I hear you guys when you suggest this and I wish we could do something about it right away. Here's the problem...

When we're outside or in the locker room we can only set up with one mic (the one with the AF.com flag) and the camera. That takes two people. When the camera is on the shoulder it's very tough to get a boom mic in there. There's also not that much room in a stand up situation to maneuaver a boom mic and get the best sound quality.

I try to move the mic around to get the questions but it doesn't always work.

In a press conference in the media room we have the luxury of a mixing board and can use the boom mic. That's why you heard the questions better.

I appreciate the suggestions and know that we're constantly trying to improve. We're just not at the point in man power yet to get the boom mic setup to every interview.

The problem is most of these interviews are after practices on the outside of the complexes. They are impromptoo (sp?) and happen in different places each time. After games and stuff, thats one thing. There should be overhead mics installed to pick up that sound. The ones during the week after practices well just have to deal with those.

That too... Yesterday's interviews for example were in a place we've never been before.