It looks like I was wrong

falcon1fan

I was one of the many who didnt agree with drafting Ryan #3 overall. He seems to be progressing nicely. He has been named the starter in the opener, no surprise, but I have to say that it wasnt just handed to him he earned it. If he does pan out this year crow will have never tasted so good.

Nothin' like a steaming plate of crow a la king. I was very happy with the pick but didn't expect him to start. I had some concern, but with the o-line playing well and great running back, Matt has a chance of having a gaining good experience his first season

I hope Ryan can focus on being a game manager this year and let the running game do the work, with a balanced high percentage passing attack.

Don't feel too bad. When I first heard our Falcons were interested in Ryan, I was a bit upset. The problem was I took a look at those 19 interceptions and it clouded my judgment. However, once I started doing research, I realized it was 19 interceptions with 654 attempts! That's a whole lotta throwin'!

To put this into perspective, that is just about 1 interception for every 34 attempts. Henne (the guy I really liked) had about 1 interception for every 31 attempts. Ryan was actually better at protecting the ball than Henne! For you Dawg fans out there, Ryans numbers were the same as Stafford - 1 interception for every 34 attempts. It was Ryan's volume of opportunities which inflated his numbers. That is why I was on board with his selection.

While many second guessed ryan... the real crow should be eaten by 90% of the boards who gave baker a hard time. He was called a waste of a pick, a reach at best and he is working out nicely. But this is by far the most productive year we have had in a long time from rookies. Granted they didn't have to play a major role in the last couple years but the new faces are really stepping up and look hungry. I think thats a credit to blank and the new FO. No one expects us to win a super bowl this year, but we look like we are not gonna just sit by and let teams get a easy win either.

The crow couldn't get any bigger than those who didn't give our o-line any credit at all. So far in preseason they have stepped up big time. Hopefully they can keep that kinda protection up. If they can, there is gonna be a dina crow thats gonna get served to 99% of falcons fans. Myself included will have to pull up a plater for that crow. Ryan is only gonna be as good as those guys protecting him and they are gonna deserve some big time credit as well if ryan shines this year.

That was one thing we could always count on from the Jerry era. We might have loss a game but the winner knew they where in a fight.

I was disgusted that we took Ryan and suspected it was PR related and ticket sales related, but the kid really does look like he has the chops to play the NFL game. We'll see, there are always growing pains. Let's just all do our part to cheer him on and give him an adequate chance. He will make some mistakes and we all, well at least the rational ones, know that we aren't going to win a ton of games this year.

So please AFMB, please hold the I THOLD U THE sHOUdl have strted DJ!!! threads until at least next year....

I admit it, I was anti-Ryan when he was drafted. I was really opposed to placing a young promising quarterback behind a suspect O-line. I am still a little worried, but Baker has lessened my worries a bit. Good job, TD. I am glad I am not the GM.

I'm also glad that Rich McCay isn't GM.

I was shocked that we picked Ryan. I was fully expecting Dorsey, but it took me all of about 15 minutes to get behind the rationale for why we picked him, and he's exceeding (to this point) my rationale. I'm very pleased.

Well I didn't have a clue who we should pick with our spot, but was still nervous when we took Ryan just because it reflected so much risk going for a franchise QB. We all know the sad history of such picks.

So far so good, but I am still keeping my fingers crossed. Yeah I also agree the Sam Baker pick is making TD look like a draft guru.

Got my fingers crossed on him also, and all our other picks for that matter. Hehe too many years as a FalconFan make ya nervous for some reason. :lol:

I'm still reserving judgement...preseason means nothing. He will throw a ton of INT's this season, and look bad in most games...I just hope he can build on this season for the future.

He might be better off than I think though, if the OL is improved from last season. We already know the wideout corp and RB corps are solid. Hopefully the D will put the ball in his hands a little more than it did for our offense last season.

I was one of the many who didnt agree with drafting Ryan #3 overall. He seems to be progressing nicely. He has been named the starter in the opener, no surprise, but I have to say that it wasnt just handed to him he earned it. If he does pan out this year crow will have never tasted so good.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING WRONG. I THOUGHT I WAS

WRONG ONCE ........ BUT I FOUND OUT THAT I WAS MISTAKEN.