one wrong thing about the depth chart..

FireDawg85

bierman is a fine back up at RDE, particularly as a rookie. while he can play either side and may develop into the starting LDE he may be a liability in the run game especially against the typically bigger/stronger RT's.

IDEALLY i would love for us to have a #1 caliber LDE since chuancey davis is a good #2 LDE, but not starter quality. if he is our starter it is out of neccessity only. we cant expect to find a starting caliber LDE after cuts if that were the case my ideal DL depth chart would look like this.

RDE

1-abraham

2-bierman

NT

1-jackson

2-moorehead

UT

1-babinaux

2-jamal anderson

LDE

1-?cuts

2-davis

oh sorry, as a package in obvious passing downs, that would be ideal to have bierman opposite abraham.

davis is quicker than anderson and therefore IMO a better option as the starter at LDE. i have given up on anderson's ability to remain outside, but atleast he shows the potential to be a good player inside. davis while good against the run and quicker than anderson, is not a good enough pass rusher(albeit better than anderson) to be a starter, but is a good back up. davis is listed as the #2 RDE but i think he is solely a LDE. if we had the player we all want as our starting LDE davis would unquestionably be his back up and anderson would be a DT on the falcons depth chart. as it stands we find ourselves coming to the realization that we do not have a starting caliber LDE as anderson is not it. unfortunately its too late in the game to bring one in so we have to go with the best we got which in our case is unfortunately anderson or career back up davis.

i would not have drafted jimmy williams as a CB to begin with but since mckay stuck us with him the best position for him was IMO SS. his size coming out of the draft was ideal SS size like darren stone's. where does stone play? more importantly, williams was'nt quick enough to cover WR's deep, and if he could'nt do it as a CB why would he be able to as a FS? the one thing he did do was come up in run support and lay the wood. as an in the box SS he would have succeeded. part of a players ability to succeed is the coaches ability to put them in a position to succeed. it should not come as a surprise that williams and anderson BOTH were players i crossed off my list as someone i would'nt draft at all. i wanted tim crowder in rd 2. we cant change the past but we can make the most of what we have and i believe anderson would be the most productive player he can be backing up babinaux at UT. we are going to have to get lucky and find a decent starting LDE after cuts or use the best man we got. personally i think davis is a better option at LDE than anderson.

anderson does give us one good 3-4 DE and if trey lewis comes back this season he gives us the other one we need to play some 3-4 fronts. aside from 3-4 formations, no way am i happy with anderson playing DE. as a fan i'm entitled to my opinion, and as a fan you are entitled to an equal and opposite opinion.

we need to give is guy a break...its his 2nd year and he had just started to learn de in college,then last year(awful coaching)he didnt get a sack .....so what.....hes getting pressure & its gonna come to him & could be another abe in a year or two...the guy is an athelete & will come into his own(imo)...last week it was cut jenings(had a fine game this week)this week its move ja....we have to have patience with this team...its not fantasy football

i would not have drafted jimmy williams as a CB to begin with but since mckay stuck us with him the best position for him was IMO SS. his size coming out of the draft was ideal SS size like darren stone's. where does stone play? more importantly, williams was'nt quick enough to cover WR's deep, and if he could'nt do it as a CB why would he be able to as a FS? the one thing he did do was come up in run support and lay the wood. as an in the box SS he would have succeeded. part of a players ability to succeed is the coaches ability to put them in a position to succeed. it should not come as a surprise that williams and anderson BOTH were players i crossed off my list as someone i would'nt draft at all. i wanted tim crowder in rd 2. we cant change the past but we can make the most of what we have and i believe anderson would be the most productive player he can be backing up babinaux at UT. we are going to have to get lucky and find a decent starting LDE after cuts or use the best man we got. personally i think davis is a better option at LDE than anderson.

anderson does give us one good 3-4 DE and if trey lewis comes back this season he gives us the other one we need to play some 3-4 fronts. aside from 3-4 formations, no way am i happy with anderson playing DE. as a fan i'm entitled to my opinion, and as a fan you are entitled to an equal and opposite opinion.

***** STAR POST!

RIGHT ON!

bierman is a fine back up at RDE, particularly as a rookie. while he can play either side and may develop into the starting LDE he may be a liability in the run game especially against the typically bigger/stronger RT's.

IDEALLY i would love for us to have a #1 caliber LDE since chuancey davis is a good #2 LDE, but not starter quality. if he is our starter it is out of neccessity only. we cant expect to find a starting caliber LDE after cuts if that were the case my ideal DL depth chart would look like this.

RDE

1-abraham

2-bierman

NT

1-jackson

2-moorehead

UT

1-babinaux

2-jamal anderson

LDE

1-?cuts

2-davis

That looks darn near what it needs to be!!

Who's gonna get cut though?