A word of thanks to Chris Redman

durrdbyrd

I'm absolutely THRILLED that Matt Ryan is our new starter. But while we're all praising our new face of the franchise and getting fired up for the season, I just want to take a step back and thank Chris Redman for doing an admirable job for us. Chris played well at the end of last season for us, even when the season was seemingly lost. You could make the case that the starting job was Redman's until we drafted Matty Ice. Of course, Ryan is the future and proved to be the better of the two guys this preseason. But unlike some veteran quarterbacks who have their spots taken by a young guy, especially a rookie, Redman hasn't whined or griped. He's gone about this well, up to this point at least. It's not an easy thing I wouldn't imagine to have waited to find a team that you can call your own only to have that team handed over by the FO. Redman has taken it all in stride, however. He knows that this was always going to Ryan's team. For a veteran to accept that, is commendable. Thanks for being a good sport Chris and I'm happy to have you as our backup.

I'm absolutely THRILLED that Matt Ryan is our new starter. But while we're all praising our new face of the franchise and getting fired up for the season, I just want to take a step back and thank Chris Redman for doing an admirable job for us. Chris played well at the end of last season for us, even when the season was seemingly lost. You could make the case that the starting job was Redman's until we drafted Matty Ice. Of course, Ryan is the future and proved to be the better of the two guys this preseason. But unlike some veteran quarterbacks who have their spots taken by a young guy, especially a rookie, Redman hasn't whined or griped. He's gone about this well, up to this point at least. It's not an easy thing I wouldn't imagine to have waited to find a team that you can call your own only to have that team handed over by the FO. Redman has taken it all in stride, however. He knows that this was always going to Ryan's team. For a veteran to accept that, is commendable. Thanks for a good sport Chris and I'm happy to have you as our backup.

That's an excellent post byrd. One of the best I've ever read on here.......and I totally agree with its content.

I think Redman is just fortunate to be on an NFL roster after being out of football for a while. He was fantastic at the end of last year, especially against Seattle. I sat a few rows up next to the Babineaux family on the 50 yard line at that game, and was in awe of the way Chris played. If Matt struggles or gets hurt, I have full confidence Redman can come in and do an admirable job.

Guys.. if Matt struggles.. Redman will NOT come in and play.. the only way he is playing is if he gets injured... that is how you DESTROY QB's when you bench them... Everyone is aware Ryan will have his Rookie lumps and is ready to go through the ups and downs through the entire season with him.. He will not be benched unless the coaching staff just wants to create another david carr or joey harrington

Guys.. if Matt struggles.. Redman will NOT come in and play.. the only way he is playing is if he gets injured... that is how you DESTROY QB's when you bench them... Everyone is aware Ryan will have his Rookie lumps and is ready to go through the ups and downs through the entire season with him.. He will not be benched unless the coaching staff just wants to create another david carr or joey harrington

I agree with this post.

The only way Ryan isn't in the game is if, by chance, he gets injured. It's going to be sink or swim this year and I believe he and everyone involved already knows that.

I'm absolutely THRILLED that Matt Ryan is our new starter. But while we're all praising our new face of the franchise and getting fired up for the season, I just want to take a step back and thank Chris Redman for doing an admirable job for us. Chris played well at the end of last season for us, even when the season was seemingly lost. You could make the case that the starting job was Redman's until we drafted Matty Ice. Of course, Ryan is the future and proved to be the better of the two guys this preseason. But unlike some veteran quarterbacks who have their spots taken by a young guy, especially a rookie, Redman hasn't whined or griped. He's gone about this well, up to this point at least. It's not an easy thing I wouldn't imagine to have waited to find a team that you can call your own only to have that team handed over by the FO. Redman has taken it all in stride, however. He knows that this was always going to Ryan's team. For a veteran to accept that, is commendable. Thanks for a good sport Chris and I'm happy to have you as our backup.

Good post...I totally agree. Redman, while not the starter, knows his role. I have to believe he realizes "what he is" in the NFL (a solid backup) and knows that he could stick around another 5-8 years and collect that NFL coin. Just ask ty Detmer all about it.

I think Redman is just fortunate to be on an NFL roster after being out of football for a while. He was fantastic at the end of last year, especially against Seattle. I sat a few rows up next to the Babineaux family on the 50 yard line at that game, and was in awe of the way Chris played. If Matt struggles or gets hurt, I have full confidence Redman can come in and do an admirable job.

Yeah,the 4th qtr he scored 3 tds against backups playing base D.Good stuff......

Bye Redman, we are keeping Joey and DJ. Coaches haven't been saying anything great about Redman and he looked horrid in the scrimmages and fist preseson game.

I'm beginning to think you know nothing about football beyond "GO DAWGS". Please, let up, you make yourself look, well, slightly below average intelligence.

signed... class act and post!