Who to keep between Brown or Snelling?

bird-dog

After re-watching the pre-season games this year the back up running back position is something

i'm worried about. Both Brown and Snelling look to be keepers, and would really hate to lose one of them.

So who do we keep? I think both offer something different and are going to be an great addition to the team.

Need some feedback, maybe we can keep both?

same situation with the saints. we have a young rb named lynell hamilton who is looking really good and the saints think he could contribute in a couple seasons. but we don't have any room for him on our roster with already having reggie, deuce, stecker, and pt.

my only question is that are these guys good enough that another team will put them on their active roster if yall place one on the ps?

BOTH! both will make the team. Brown will be a starter quality RB one day(maybe not for us) and snelling is a hardnose RB who i think could be a another(but not as talented) Turner if Turner he would go down. Either guy could step into the role if Norwood or Turner went down. But i would keep them both. Brown can also return kicks. I know we jennings but to be honest Brown can do just about everything Jennings can do. am i wrong?

same situation with the saints. we have a young rb named lynell hamilton who is looking really good and the saints think he could contribute in a couple seasons. but we don't have any room for him on our roster with already having reggie, deuce, stecker, and pt.

my only question is that are these guys good enough that another team will put them on their active roster if yall place one on the ps?

I heard we took Snelling off the PS last year because the Cowboys were trying to sign him to their active roster. Snelling is sure as **** good enough for a handful of teams, but I'm not sure if Brown has made the splash, being a 7th rounder who has only played in preseason, but I would be willing to bet he would get picked up by someone, at least as a kick returner.

And who is pt? And honestly, just cut Reggie and get it over with. I think Stecker filled in for him and played better.

RB

1-turner

2-norwood

3-brown(KR)

FB

1-mughelli

2-snelling

i say both but i think brown is the better RB. snelling who was a FB in college has added value, if his blocking as a FB is NFL worthy, as a FB that can catch and run well. i know corey mcintyre makes some plays on special teams coverage but so does finneran and nicholas amoung others. mcintyre, while a fine STer, offers NOTHING as a FB, he may be a fantastic lead blocker for all i know, but he absolutely CANNOT catch or run the ball. we have plenty of DB's and LB's that can cover kicks. with the addition of coy wire and deke cooper who have had success in that role before, we may not even need mcintyre on kick coverage anyway. even if he is a captain, i think we have other players that can fill that role while ALSO contributing elsewhere. he is not enough of a difference maker on ST's to be retained solely for that role.

Brown reminds me of Dunn. Maybe it's his size.

I hope they keep both of them, Brown will be a good returner and personally I like to be deep on RB's If they can work on ST's.

RB's can go down in a hurry and I think Brown and Snelling are VERY GOOD compliments to Crazy Legs and The Burner...

jason snelling was a RB/FB at virginia. essentially he was a RB "that could also play FB." pre draft write ups said he was'nt fast enough to be a full time RB, and not a good enough lead blocker to be a FB. essentially a tweener, with durability issues as well as epilepsy, he lasted to rd 7. he has played some FB in college. he has the size of a FB and much like greg jones of JAX he can learn the nuances of a lead blocker as a back up while providing the running and recieving skills he already exhibits as a RB/FB in the meantime. anyway you label snelling, he is better than mcintyre on offense and therefore deserves the 5th spot over mcintyre. if that means we have 4 RB's and one FB while experimenting with snelling at FB in practice then so be it. with a blocking TE like hartsock we dont need a second FB. in fact, if milner does have to go on PUP, we dont have a legit #3 TE so i would find a TE/FB to double as the #3 TE and #2 FB so we can carry 4 RB's. bottom line, snelling and brown are both keepers and mcintyre is expendable.

mcintyre, while a fine STer, offers NOTHING as a FB

First, I would love for your scenario to come true. Snelling does have FB experience and the thought of him as a FB/RB tweener is not just some wishful thinking from someone just because he is a big RB. So, all references to "Duckett at FB" should cease.

Secondly, I do think you are under-valuing McIntyre. He was better than "a fine STer" last year. He was our ST captain! He shouldn't have made the team last year, but he refused to let the coaches cut him due to his ST play. That is why Snelling didn't make the active roster last year. Again, I hope your line-up comes to fruition. However, if it doesn't, it's because of McIntyre's desire. I'll give the man props for that.

Someone show me where Snelling played FB before. If not, stop writing him in as the back up FB....Just because you think it, doesn't make it plausible.

NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jason Snelling, FB, Virginia

by Michael Abromowitz, 3/30/07. Is he a fullback or a running back? If you ask Virginia's coach Al Groh, he would tell you that Jason Snelling is both. Snelling played most of his career for the Cavaliers as its fullback blocking for ACC career touchdown leader and current Houston Texan, Wali Lundy. With Lundy gone, Snelling became the team's starting running back this past season rushing for 7 touchdowns.

Also, from AJC:

Nov. 12, 2007 - 11:38 p.m. ET

Falcons signed RB Jason Snelling from their practice squad and waived LB Travis Williams.

Snelling, a seventh-round pick from UVA, can play fullback and tailback and will likely help on special teams.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

and Scout.com thinks he's a FB:

Draft Snapshot: FB Jason Snelling

By Ed Thompson

Posted Feb 17, 2007

Virginia's Jason Snelling is one of the top fullbacks in this draft who was also the featured RB his senior year. He moves the chains, has great hands as a receiver and can layout defenders with his blocks. Take a look at our draft snapshot as he prepares for his workout at the Combine this week.

Even AF.com says he's a FB:

The Falcons completed a very busy final day of the 2007 NFL Draft as they selected FB Jason Snelling with the #244 overall selection in the seventh round.

I never knew either, but you asked, and it made me wonder the same thing. Why does everyone think he can be a FB? Well, I guess 'cause he was. These are just the easy examples I found. But almost every site out there calls him a FB.

Now we know.

celtik