MY TAKE ON THE GOLDEN CHILD a.k.a MATT RYAN

looking at the past few games i am beggining to see what the falcons liked about ryan. he does seem like he has a clue about where to go with the ball. and its not all dink and dunk like harrington and flacco. however in the last game he never really engineered the touch downs. it took some big plays by others to get to the endzone. he practically overthrowed 2 recievers in the endzone. then capatalised off of a playaction at the one. but i am very cautious and realise this is only preseason. I remember last year when harrington had us simi erect and put on a grater exibition than this.the falcons lied to us about the qb spot being up for competition.I dont know if they should have just handed the position to him.

looking at the past few games i am beggining to see what the falcons liked about ryan. he does seem like he has a clue about where to go with the ball. and its not all dink and dunk like harrington and flacco. however in the last game he never really engineered the touch downs. it took some big plays by others to get to the endzone. he practically overthrowed 2 recievers in the endzone. then capatalised off of a playaction at the one. but i am very cautious and realise this is only preseason. I remember last year when harrington had us simi erect and put on a grater exibition than this.the falcons lied to us about the qb spot being up for competition.I dont know if they should have just handed the position to him.

No you still a hater!!!

they didnt hand it to hiim. he showed poise, leadership, comfort with the offense, the ability to make the right decisions and NOT make dumb decisions.

the QB isnt going to get down the field by himself every drive, thats why we have good RBs like Turner and Norwood. you asy "capitalize of of a playaction" like its a bad thing. thats what the play action is for

and no one was lied to, it was open. but ryan would have had to suck to not get it. and he didnt suck.

dont hate on matty ice

:o

I'd like to go on record as saying i was never simi erect about Harrington....

I understand what you are saying though itsslomotionbaby.... I think.....

Most backwards way of not hating someone I've ever read.

well like i said i am somewhat optimistic and do realise the pre season is diffrent than regular season.at least i was man enough to come back and negate some of my negatives, but at the same time i am still not as excited about him like these sportscasters have hyped him.

I gotta admit I was pissed when we drafted Ryan but after watching him in the preseason I'm getting it. So far he's played like a vet, I'm sure he won't every game all season but it's to be expected. He's making me a believer.

You raise some good points here. Again Ryan's a good kid with solid fundamentals, but it's going to take a long time for the next level. I'm not going to give the FO a pass for lying to the fanbase with a little twist on the word "open" in open competition which did not mean "fair" as they presented it. The FO knew all along that they were going to start Ryan. There is a lot of push based on his contract as well. I watched the amount of touches that he kept getting in the preseason games compared to the others. We all know what happens with lying, it comes back and knocks you in the head - flat out. I don't want to see karma - but it's destined. I was hoping that Redman would start for many reasons and have the opportunity from where he left off. The FO seems to be gradually pushing vets away and that's not good. You need vets to teach these kids a thing or two. With the exception of Joey Harrington, they need to keep the solid vets that are on the team in place and let them play based on their talent. Per his Vick relationship or not, throwing Alge away like a disposable piece of paper was oh not so smart. These things raise concerns with me as an STH and lover of the sport. I know all too well that it's a business, but some of this stuff is borderline unethical.

the falcons lied to us about the qb spot being up for competition.I dont know if they should have just handed the position to him.

I think you lose all credibility when you post such baseless dribble about Shcokley. The Falcons lied?! Give me a break.

Shockley is not good. Soorry dawg nation.

Go Falcons!

they didnt hand it to hiim. he showed poise, leadership, comfort with the offense, the ability to make the right decisions and NOT make dumb decisions.

the QB isnt going to get down the field by himself every drive, thats why we have good RBs like Turner and Norwood. you asy "capitalize of of a playaction" like its a bad thing. thats what the play action is for

and no one was lied to, it was open. but ryan would have had to suck to not get it. and he didnt suck.

i cant agree with you there, that it was open. your projected starter was redman and we did not even give him the majority of the reps so he could get into rhythim.we allready knew what we had in harrington,they pretty much just spreaded their butt cheeks at shockley. i mean you put him in with 8 minutes left in the game and with a third string line and receivers. if this was a competition then everyone should have been in with the 1st string once.unless the discissions were allready made at practices. why didnt they throw in some adversity and put ryan in with the third string?

i cant agree with you there, that it was open. your projected starter was redman and we did not even give him the majority of the reps so he could get into rhythim.we allready knew what we had in harrington,they pretty much just spreaded their butt cheeks at shockley. i mean you put him in with 8 minutes left in the game and with a third string line and receivers. if this was a competition then everyone should have been in with the 1st string once.unless the discissions were allready made at practices. why didnt they throw in some adversity and put ryan in with the third string?

After processing further what's going on, it circles right back to marketing one player and ticket sales. Forget the goofy clips of Ryan and Baker at the "Oklahoma" rehearsal and at the Atlanta Zoo (played these awful clips at the preseason home games). The very thing that Rich McKay said that they wouldn't do they actually did it, and that was market Ryan. They didn't want him in under adversity, that wouldn't have gone over well. If the announcement had come too early then there was the huge UGA/DJ fanbase to consider (sorry folks but it's huge). And they knew that Redman had somewhat of a following and fanbase that started last season. Forget Joey he doesn't figure in the equation. Yes I know for a fact that the the FO reads the MB. Got it guys.

Overthrowed is not a word, and using it causes all credibility in anything you say to be lost. The correct word would be "overthrew". If you say "overthrowed", then I assume you're an idiot, and why would I want to read what an idiot writes?

c-mon david ttu because of one word im an idiot or is it because i dont have wet dreams of ryan and a fat head poster of him on my wall, you sound like the type of cat that would probably buy mat ryan underwear if they sold them. i gave matt ryan some kudos and that is all he is getting from me.I will not annoint this guy the savior of the falcons until he has had the chance to experiancr a regular season blitz package and engineer more than one scoring drive.

Shouldn't this be in all CAPITAL LETTERS?

I didn't like the pick originally either but obviously Thomas Dimitrioff recognized something we didn't...I say that to say IT'S A GOOD THING MATT RYAN IS BEING TREATED LIKE HE IS!!! To be the real deal as a Franchise QB means nothing less...He has showed the poise and potential to be able to be successful almost immediately...Thanks for making me eat humble pie Blanks, Dimitrioff, Smith & Co.

Uh.......................you'd probably be happier being a Patriot or Colts fan. No real risk there.

Everything is so neat and tidy, wind it up and watch them win.

Whoopee !!!!!!!!