Madden 09: How to Utilize Turner

Everyone says Turner is amazing in this game. I must really suck with him because I get get any big gains. Most of his carries go for 1-2 yards. In my Madden IQ I got All-Pro in rush offense.

What are the best plays for Turner: Inside Handoff, Outside Handoff, Counter, Pitches...

just so you know that madden rush iq test is the easiest ish the world. you can be barely average at madden and get all pro on that.

and it doesnt accurately show if you can run in a real game with an offensive line and getting a handoff.

The running game is so different this year, it's harder than last years. Turner was a BEAST last year. After we signed him, I put him on my roster and I was rushing for 200+ yards a game on All-Madden.

its actually realer now, thankfully.

and dont use speed burst until you hit the hole or make it to the 2nd level. seriously

I dont understand the purpose of doing that but okay. I will try it. Its only pre-season.

well what he means by that is, let ur blockers block. Sometimes ur blockers will get beat and then ur in trouble but most times ur blockers will either hold on to them or knock them down and block another guy. then u just go to where the hole is. By speed running when u get the ball, ur throwing ur runner to the defense and not letting ur blockers enough time to get to them first. Sometimes u just have to stand still and wait for a lane to open up in order to go somewhere, and when u do see a lane, especially if its a small lane, use jukes to guide you there and u are more likely to make defenders miss. The highlight stick is more when you're in the open because it can take some time which lets other defenders to get to u.

The only time u wanna use the speed button is when you want to run away from a defender, its not that useful when ur trying to get pass a defense. Another tip is to guide your blockers. like Ovie... when u see a linebacker and u have ovie in front of u, stand or walk the other way to lead Ovie towards the linebacker and then go back toward ovie if u have a clear lane infront of him.

Just dont try to get 10 yard every time u run, u have 3 or 4 downs so settle with a 2-3 yard gain sometimes.

and u need to switch up ur runs. like if ur in I formation, do a fake FB dive and sweep to the opposite side to RB. And a dive. and a toss to the right. and an actual FB dive.

Like try the different runs against different defenses and use whatever works best for u.

Everyone says Turner is amazing in this game. I must really suck with him because I get get any big gains. Most of his carries go for 1-2 yards. In my Madden IQ I got All-Pro in rush offense.

What are the best plays for Turner: Inside Handoff, Outside Handoff, Counter, Pitches...

You suck at running? Then I need to play you. R you on PS3 or Xbox?? :P

You suck at running? Then I need to play you. R you on PS3 or Xbox?? :P

Xbox. my tag is Kelevra

Anyways I will try al the pointers ya'll have given me thanks! I am just a little mad Madden has gotten rid of so many useful parts of the game. Like the more advanced lead blocking in the version from 07. Or in 06? (maybe earlier) where you could guide people by using the Right-Stick after the ball was snapped.

Yeah, what others have said above: don't sprint until you're clear of defenders.. the juke and spin moves are more effective that way, and you don't want to outrun your lead blockers.

Also, (and without using sprint to do this) use the stiff arm move. It seems more effective in '09 and you can break free of more tackles.

Norwood for off tackle plays etc. Turner for slams. When you get thought the line or around the end in slams run for the corner and truck any safties and cb's you run up against. So think "up and out" to try and break it. If it's up the gut just stay north and south.