Falcons Underestimated!

WarrenT

I must say that the dirty birds are going to be much better than anticipated by the media prior to the preseason. The young talented offense and the 0 touchdown allowing defense in the last two games are going to take us along way this year. I know this is a rebuilding year for us and I think Mike Smith is off to a fantastic start. There are many skeptics out there who wish we would have drafted that defensive lineman for the first pick (will give no names out of respect for Matt Ryan), but you cannot build a team around a defensive lineman. I think that they were thinking we could do that, and stink for another year, the get Stafford out of Georgia the next year. Stafford is short and performs well at the collegiate level, but I, even being a Georgia fan, do not think he holds a candle to Ryan. We needed a quarterback. I think it is necessary when getting a new coach. New coach----new feel---new quarterback----new look---new season---fresh start---young talent----good attitude. All key points that need to be addressed together, not separately when trying to rebuild an NFL football team. Hopefully Ryan and Smith stay for a long time and turn this franchise around!

I must say that the dirty birds are going to be much better than anticipated by the media prior to the preseason. The young talented offense and the 0 touchdown allowing defense in the last two games are going to take us along way this year. I know this is a rebuilding year for us and I think Mike Smith is off to a fantastic start. There are many skeptics out there who wish we would have drafted that defensive lineman for the first pick (will give no names out of respect for Matt Ryan), but you cannot build a team around a defensive lineman. I think that they were thinking we could do that, and stink for another year, the get Stafford out of Georgia the next year. Stafford is short and performs well at the collegiate level, but I, even being a Georgia fan, do not think he holds a candle to Ryan. We needed a quarterback. I think it is necessary when getting a new coach. New coach----new feel---new quarterback----new look---new season---fresh start---young talent----good attitude. All key points that need to be addressed together, not separately when trying to rebuild an NFL football team. Hopefully Ryan and Smith stay for a long time and turn this franchise around!

good post.

they should be a shoe in for a 3-13 record this season. dont be fool by the preseason stats

Guys, Guys....

EVERYONE knows laws of physics (or something like that) state that we will win our division this year. It's been scientifically proven time and time again.

The loser of the NFC South wins the NFC South the next year, Therefore it is our turn...

Guys, Guys....

EVERYONE knows laws of physics (or something like that) state that we will win our division this year. It's been scientifically proven time and time again.

The loser of the NFC South wins the NFC South the next year, Therefore it is our turn...

Exactly. We'll win the NFC South this year. Then we'll break the curse by winning 2009. And 2010. And so on.

I'm optimistic as well....but i'm a falcon's fan so i'm always a bit delusional... :huh: But what i find is great this year is that most of us will be extremely happy with a 6 or 7 win season. There's been good progress this year on making us forget the '07 season. I truly thank the front office for that and the moves they have made so far....and i was really upset we didn't get Dorsey...but they've got my respect so far.

We should go around 6-10, but may go 8-8, if luck is with us.

Hate to say it, but did anyone see the Washington/Carolina game??? Dang, Caroline Pansies laid some wood on the Redskins 47-3 if I remember correctly. Total domination on both sides of the ball, so they are looking good in Pre-season, which may or may not mean anything.

Coaches have done a spectacular job this year, and I hope the team rallies for them and goes 10-6, but reality says otherwise.

Go Falcons.