quick fantasy question

thx. No hesitation?

The only thing that prevented me from posting my reply sooner is slow typing skills.

McFadden will split carries. Gore is an every down stud RB who is the centerpiece of his offense. The defenses are comparable enough. It's a no brainer if there ever was one.

would you trade Darren McFadden & Minnesota DST for Frank Gore & Chicago Bears DST?

thanks in advance!

JMO....that's a good upgrade at special teams

the RB spot though is questionable. Gore is going to be facing 8 & 9 man fronts because the 9ers are not going to be a threat passing. McFadden will be splitting time in Oakland, he'll have Russell as his QB & don't know how that will work out. Plus he's not like last years rookie, Peterson and he won't put up those type numbers, he's more of a Reggie Bush type than can actually play RB.

Based on the upgrade at ST's, I'd probably lean to taking the trade as the RB's should be a push.

JMO....that's a good upgrade at special teams

the RB spot though is questionable. Gore is going to be facing 8 & 9 man fronts because the 9ers are not going to be a threat passing. McFadden will be splitting time in Oakland, he'll have Russell as his QB & don't know how that will work out. Plus he's not like last years rookie, Peterson and he won't put up those type numbers, he's more of a Reggie Bush type than can actually play RB.

Based on the upgrade at ST's, I'd probably lean to taking the trade as the RB's should be a push.

Doesn't matter if he faces 8 and 9 man fronts because Gore is the 49er's passing game. He'll easily lead the team in receptions again this year, though under Martz he'll no doubt get even more touches than last year. Gore's worst case scenario is he repeats last season's performance, which still made him a top 10 RB in my league. McFadden's best case scenario is he becomes the 2006 Reggie Bush. Either way, I'd take the consistency of the 2007 Gore over the feast or famine 2006 Bush.

As for the D/STs, the Vikings are an up and coming unit who project to add sacks and INTs to their already low points allowed totals. The Bears D/ST is old and on the decline and have to rely primarily on Hester to score points nowadays. If anything, the Vikes D/ST is ranked higher (going #2 in most leagues behind SD) than the Bears, so they can also be more effectively dangled as trade bait if you need to shore up other positions. In fact, the same can be said for Gore (#9 APD vs #49 for McFadden) if for some reason you're just not sold on him.

Make the trade and sleep well tonight.