Falcons are going no worse than 6-10 folks

iloxygenil

My guess is we're going 8-8. We won't win less than 6 games. The reason I say this is look at our schedule, it's a cakewalk, if we were a really good team this year we'd be looking at 11-5, but we're not.

Detroit - 50/50 - W

@ Tampa - Loss

KC = 75/25 W

@ Carolina - 50/50 - L

@ Green Bay - 25/75 - L

Chicago - 50/50 - L

@ Philly - 5/95 - L

@ Oakland - 75/25 - W

New Orleans - 60/40 - W

Denver - 40/60 - W

Carolina - 50/50 - W

@ San Diego - 25/75 - L

@ New Orleans - 40/60 - L

Tampa - 50/50 - W

@ Minnesota 50/50 - L (could easily be a W because they'll be locked at this point and be resting players)

St. Louis - 60/40 - W

A couple other games that could just as easily go our way. 8-8 is very reasonable, very realistic. This isn't a playoff team at this point in the season, now if Jamaal steps up and becomes a world beater opposite JA and we can stay healthy (not going to happen there are always injuries in the NFL) then this team COULD possibly win 10 games.

There are a few we're just not going to win, no matter how methodical our offense is, and no matter how well our defense holds up, we're just not going to be able to beat up on some of these teams. New Orleans isn't a great team, they're actually very mediocre, people are drooling all over Drew Brees and that offense, well their defense can't muster anything. Reggie Bust isn't going to strike fear into anyone, doesn't take much to remove him from the game, without a healthy Deuce New Orleans is going to be a very sub par team.

I also see that the Detroit and Denver games could easily go the other way as well. There's no exact science to predictions at the beginning of the season, but realistically this team could go anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7 POSSIBLY 10-6 (but very unlikely)

If we can continue to smack people in the mouth with our offense and defense we're going to win more games than people think. Matt Ryan doesn't have to throw for 3500 yards and 25 touchdowns either. He could easily have a good season at the 2500-3000 yard 18 touchdown plateau because our running game with 4 RBs to throw at teams is going to be pretty nasty to stop. Might not help us in Fantasy Football, but it will on the field.

I know it's ESPN and they're going to flip flop every week, but so far, guys have been saying how much better this team is than people realize, and I've been thinking the same to myself since week 1 against one of the most physically NASTY teams in the NFL and we looked like we belonged on the field with them, something we wouldn't have seen last year. Preseason or not, this is not a Falcons team that has been on the field for QUITE some time. Best team we've seen since 1998...better TEAM than the one we put together when we won the conference and went to the NFC title game against Philly. I know that's a lot to say, but as a team functioning as a unit, this isn't something we've seen for quite some time. I'm not saying we're going to have a 14-2 season, I'm just saying, REALISTICALLY, this team is a lot better than your guarded enthusiasm is letting you believe. But that's fine, be guarded, part of being a fan is some people are optimists and some are pessimists and some are just pure @ Holes. It all boils down to on Sundays, we all end up pulling for the team, just makes for interesting conversations during the week...and lots of fun sig bets.

GO FALCONS!!!

My guess is we're going 8-8. We won't win less than 6 games. The reason I say this is look at our schedule, it's a cakewalk, if we were a really good team this year we'd be looking at 11-5, but we're not.

Detroit - 50/50 - W

@ Tampa - Loss

KC = 75/25 W

@ Carolina - 50/50 - L

@ Green Bay - 25/75 - L

Chicago - 50/50 - L

@ Philly - 5/95 - L

@ Oakland - 75/25 - W

New Orleans - 60/40 - W

Denver - 40/60 - W

Carolina - 50/50 - W

@ San Diego - 25/75 - L

@ New Orleans - 40/60 - L

Tampa - 50/50 - W

@ Minnesota 50/50 - L (could easily be a W because they'll be locked at this point and be resting players)

St. Louis - 60/40 - W

A couple other games that could just as easily go our way. 8-8 is very reasonable, very realistic. This isn't a playoff team at this point in the season, now if Jamaal steps up and becomes a world beater opposite JA and we can stay healthy (not going to happen there are always injuries in the NFL) then this team COULD possibly win 10 games.

There are a few we're just not going to win, no matter how methodical our offense is, and no matter how well our defense holds up, we're just not going to be able to beat up on some of these teams. New Orleans isn't a great team, they're actually very mediocre, people are drooling all over Drew Brees and that offense, well their defense can't muster anything. Reggie Bust isn't going to strike fear into anyone, doesn't take much to remove him from the game, without a healthy Deuce New Orleans is going to be a very sub par team.

I also see that the Detroit and Denver games could easily go the other way as well. There's no exact science to predictions at the beginning of the season, but realistically this team could go anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7 POSSIBLY 10-6 (but very unlikely)

If we can continue to smack people in the mouth with our offense and defense we're going to win more games than people think. Matt Ryan doesn't have to throw for 3500 yards and 25 touchdowns either. He could easily have a good season at the 2500-3000 yard 18 touchdown plateau because our running game with 4 RBs to throw at teams is going to be pretty nasty to stop. Might not help us in Fantasy Football, but it will on the field.

I know it's ESPN and they're going to flip flop every week, but so far, guys have been saying how much better this team is than people realize, and I've been thinking the same to myself since week 1 against one of the most physically NASTY teams in the NFL and we looked like we belonged on the field with them, something we wouldn't have seen last year. Preseason or not, this is not a Falcons team that has been on the field for QUITE some time. Best team we've seen since 1998...better TEAM than the one we put together when we won the conference and went to the NFC title game against Philly. I know that's a lot to say, but as a team functioning as a unit, this isn't something we've seen for quite some time. I'm not saying we're going to have a 14-2 season, I'm just saying, REALISTICALLY, this team is a lot better than your guarded enthusiasm is letting you believe. But that's fine, be guarded, part of being a fan is some people are optimists and some are pessimists and some are just pure @ Holes. It all boils down to on Sundays, we all end up pulling for the team, just makes for interesting conversations during the week...and lots of fun sig bets.

GO FALCONS!!!

Detroit - Loss

@ Tampa - Loss

KC = Loss

@ Carolina - Loss

@ Green Bay - Loss

Chicago - Loss

@ Philly - Loss

@ Oakland - - Loss

New Orleans - -Loss

Denver - 40/60 - Loss

Carolina - 50/50 - Loss

@ San Diego - - Loss

@ New Orleans - - Loss

Tampa - 50/50 - Loss

@ Minnesota - w

St. Louis - - w :P

I like it man. I've been reserved but have been thinking we could be in the 7-9 to 9-7 range. I'm still worried about our defense. I'm hoping we can bring a constant pass rush, and that our corners will show up to play. I could not be happier with the Matt Ryan pick now(and I was a skeptic). I'm ready for this season to start.

my prediction

Detroit - w

@ Tampa - L

KC - w

@ Carolina - L

@ Green Bay - L

Chicago - W

@ Philly - L

@ Oakland - W

New Orleans - W

Denver - W

Carolina - W

@ San Diego - L

@ New Orleans - L

Tampa - W

@ Minnesota - L

St. Louis - W

9-7 just missing the playoffs or squeaking in as a wild card.

If we stay healthy we can make the playoffs. Just about ANY team nowadays that does not get bit by the injury bug can make the playoffs and we are no expception. That is the type of parity in the NFL today. We never seem to be the TEAM that tends to stay healthy so hopefully luck will be on our side.

Looking at some of these predictions

I must say reality has flew right by this message board.

yup...

Detroit - L

@ Tampa - L

KC - L

@ Carolina - L

@ Green Bay - L

Chicago - W

@ Philly - L

@ Oakland - W

New Orleans - W

Denver - W

Carolina - W

@ San Diego - L

@ New Orleans - L

Tampa - L

@ Minnesota - L

St. Louis - W

looking at that... even that seems optimistic. id say splitting with carolina and NO is realistic but im afraid we might get swept by the bucs.

anyways, 6 wins seems fairly optimistic. it could easily be 4-6. though.

yup...

Detroit - L

@ Tampa - L

KC - L

@ Carolina - L

@ Green Bay - L

Chicago - W

@ Philly - L

@ Oakland - W

New Orleans - W

Denver - W

Carolina - W

@ San Diego - L

@ New Orleans - L

Tampa - L

@ Minnesota - L

St. Louis - W

looking at that... even that seems optimistic. id say splitting with carolina and NO is realistic but im afraid we might get swept by the bucs.

anyways, 6 wins seems fairly optimistic. it could easily be 4-6. though.

Now I could see 6 wins maybe I think we will win about 5 games. I really don't see us beating the Saints this year but I could see us pulling a game from Tampa.

im worried about the bucs this year. i hope we can take 1 from each division rival so we can split but im not sure well be able to do that against the bucs.

i just dont take the saints seriously ever though, so thats why i expect a win from them and from the panthers. :lol:

but yeah i think 5-6 is a very realistic expectation. good to see you got the same. :)

im worried about the bucs this year. i hope we can take 1 from each division rival so we can split but im not sure well be able to do that against the bucs.

i just dont take the saints seriously ever though, so thats why i expect a win from them and from the panthers. :lol:

but yeah i think 5-6 is a very realistic expectation. good to see you got the same. :)

Yeah I hope we can take 1 from each division rivals that would be good especially with Jigga Donkey posting on these boards. From the predictions it looks like everyone thinks our problems will be on the road, which is expected with a young team like us.

Okay, I'll play this game, even though usually by week 4 these predictions have fallen by the wayside. There's always teams (TN, CLE and almost the 9ers/AZ last year) that show up out of nowhere and surprise, then there are those that inevitably flop (Det, STL) just when everyone is predicting them to win a div or be a contender.

With that said, here's my edumacated guess:

Detroit - W (we catch them early before they end strong to finish around 8-8)

@ Tampa - W (Garcia is still struggling in week 2 and Gruden hasn't figured out that Dunn should be his starting RB)

KC - W (they'll be hashing it out with Miami for the 1st pick in next year's draft)

@ Carolina - L (Carolina does what everyone said they'd do last year, win the division thanks to Peppers surprise comeback)

@ Green Bay -L (just too many WRs to cover even though it's close)

Chicago - W (Still no offense)

@ Philly - L (McNabb will probably be injured by this point and they have no WRs, but Westbrook can still carry a game all by himself)

@ Oakland - W (still looking at a high draft pick and Meangelo is looking like the cancer we knew he was)

New Orleans - W (series split)

Denver - L (Marshall will be back from suspension)

Carolina - W

@ San Diego - L (tough fought, but we lose a squeeker)

@ New Orleans - L

Tampa - W (they make up for the home loss to us early in the year)

@ Minnesota - L (T Jackson isn't much of a QB, but AP and Taylor can still bring it on the ground - this may be one we pull out if we can keep AP from one of those long scampers that he put up against us last year)

St. Louis - W (they've folded by now and their coach is on the hotseat)

Wow, I actually came up with 8-8. I was thinking more like 6 or 7 wins, but if we can pull off a couple or three nice upsets and we go 8-8 or better, Smith gets coach of the year.

celtik

Detroit - W

@ Tampa -W

KC - W

@ Carolina -L

@ Green Bay -L (I know I said early on this is winnable, but Aaron Rodgers is actually looking pretty good right now)

Chicago - W

@ Philly - W (this could go either way. Sure Westbrook could run a game by himself, but by this time we could be good enough at stopping the run to slow down Westbrook)

@ Oakland -W (Roddy burns Nnamdi, Laurent burns MeAngelo, and our front 7 burns Run DMC...and hopefully Abe and Biermann will take down Russell)

New Orleans - W (if Grime Time, Houston, and Jackson can handle the receivers, Lofton and Gravy will take care of Reggie Bust, this will be ours. This game will be a cakewalk for our offense

Denver - L (the only things that could really cause an L is if Brandon Marshall burns Grime Time and Champ shuts down Roddy)

Carolina - W (ESPN said Carolina can win around 10 games this year again, so you know they are gonna fail this year)

@ San Diego -L (this one is shot. I don't care how far along our defense is with being able to stop the run this year, it will take quite a few years before we're able to shut down LT)

@ New Orleans - W (Burner only has to go half speed and he'll torch the defense)

Tampa - L (who knows? Maybe by this time the old Dunn will have come back. Which would've been nice last year.)

@ Minnesota -L (see San Diego, except replace LT with AP)

St. Louis - W (definitely a W. Steven Jackson might kill us, but I don't see Chris Long killing Ryan regardless of whether he's got Baker or Weiner/Clabo in front of him. Same goes for Leonard Little. Unless he has a few beers and drives himself to the stadium. THEN he might kill Ryan.)

So I have 10 wins marked right there. But like I said for a couple of them, it can go either way, so really its a 8-8, which is very realistic. 7-9 is a worst case scenario, maybe 6-10. Best realistic case would be 9-7. With Ryan starting right off the bat with a great receiving corps, 4 awesome RBs, and a nasty O Line, I feel really good about this offense. Defense still has major kinks like developing Houston, Jackson, and Grime Time, setting up the D Line, and developing our young MLBs, but our offense should be able to carry the load for a while until those questions are addressed. If we continue on the right path for 2009 and onwards, I really don't see us going around 4-12 again for a long time, unless there are too many significant injuries.

Detroit - W

@ Tampa - L

KC - W

@ Carolina -L

@ Green Bay -L

Chicago - W

@ Philly - L

@ Oakland -L

New Orleans -L

Denver - L

Carolina - W

@ San Diego -L

@ New Orleans -L

Tampa - W

@ Minnesota -L

St. Louis - W

I'm with you on these except switch the Tampa w with the Denver L...I think that's fairly realistic...5-7 wins. I still think we're too young to expect much more, but I like what I see. Fill a couple more holes next year on the lines and we might actually have something cooking.

Alright I got 6 wins myself.