Tampa drated the best DE in 2007

real_fan

I am watching a replay of the Tampa Bay and Jags game from last night. Gaines Adams is starting to excel. He lines up at both end spots and is looking like a great pick from the draft in which we took JA. Tampa got the better man that year. I really hope Jamal can become productive at some position. Bierman should start a DE this year.

I am watching a replay of the Tampa Bay and Jags game from last night. Gaines Adams is starting to excel. He lines up at both end spots and is looking like a great pick from the draft in which we took JA. Tampa got the better man that year. I really hope Jamal can become productive at some position. Bierman should start a DE this year.

Well he was projected to be the best DE that year. The first off the boards. We are ok he only has 8 more tackles and 6 more sack for his career than Anderson!

I am looking at the stats he only had 2 tackles. Thanks for rooting for the home team guys!

What is the point of this post? The slant seems to be that we passed up on drafting Gaines Adams in order to take Jamaal Anderson, I guess to try and indicate how badly we screwed things up, but that's not the truth. Adams was absolutely the best DE in the 07 draft and went top 5.

Why not compare what Anderson has done to the guy we did pass on. The only other DE to go in the 1st round was Jarvis Moss(17th). He can't even crack the starting lineup of a very weak Broncos defensive front and he's sitting behind the great John Engelberger on the depth chart. Moss has played in 3 games as a backup this preseason & has racked up just 1 tackle.

We really needed a DE in 2007. Adams was NOT available when we drafted, but thus far, the player we selected has been better than the one we did pass on. Could we have gone a different way, sure, but O have a feeling that the guys on here riding Anderson are the same ones who called Roddy a bust for a couple of years before doing their about face on him. Give Anderson some portion of his 2nd season at least. DE's usually come around in their 2nd year & we know that he wasn't coached to be an NFL DE in his rookie season.

What is the point of this post? The slant seems to be that we passed up on drafting Gaines Adams in order to take Jamaal Anderson, I guess to try and indicate how badly we screwed things up, but that's not the truth. Adams was absolutely the best DE in the 07 draft and went top 5.

Why not compare what Anderson has done to the guy we did pass on. The only other DE to go in the 1st round was Jarvis Moss(17th). He can't even crack the starting lineup of a very weak Broncos defensive front and he's sitting behind the great John Engelberger on the depth chart. Moss has played in 3 games as a backup this preseason & has racked up just 1 tackle.

We really needed a DE in 2007. Adams was NOT available when we drafted, but thus far, the player we selected has been better than the one we did pass on. Could we have gone a different way, sure, but O have a feeling that the guys on here riding Anderson are the same ones who called Roddy a bust for a couple of years before doing their about face on him. Give Anderson some portion of his 2nd season at least. DE's usually come around in their 2nd year & we know that he wasn't coached to be an NFL DE in his rookie season.

The facts tend to get in the way sometimes. LOL

Nw that is a good retort.

I would have too agree with you... Adams will be a stud by the end of this year.

Good post.

what about adam C.?? he is playing DT, but is still a DE.

starting way-back machine.....whirling and smoke and lights.....coming down in mid 2007....forcing team to lose one or three more games....looking like we can get a higher draft pick....must choose....i whisper into Rich McKay's ear....I get dragged out into the lobby and beaten by goons....i think one of them is Aundray Bruce.... yell the name Gaines again but he doesn't hear me...Instead they draft....Adrian Peterson....oh we're screwed again!!!

what about adam C.?? he is playing DT, but is still a DE.

Carriker was a DE in college, but he was huge. One of the biggest questions on him was could he be an NFL DE, the answer seems to be no. He's super-sized up to 308 lbs and is playing NT for the Rams now. He's no longer a DE like in college, he is a DT without a doubt.

http://www.nfl.com/players/adamcarriker/profile?id=CAR485536

If we move Anderson inside full time, then we can start the comparisons with Carriker & Okoye.

You guys realize that 2007 year is over? I don't even know why some of you guys even refer to last year anymore. There's nothing that can be done about last year except realize it was run by a cowardly coach in Bobby Petrino. You guys talked like we past on Gaines Adams to pick up Jamaal, but I thought Adams was picked at number 3 or 4.