Across The Universe

It's kinda like "Mama Mia," but with Beatles songs. There were a couple of intersting takes on Beatles classics, though. I thought "For the Benefit of Mr. Kite" featuring Eddie Izzard, was bizarre and probably the song that most captured the spirit of the original (maybe even better, somehow). His delivery was off kilter, off beat, but spot-on.

This semi-toothless, (supposedly former) meth addict stripper from the class I worked as the TA in rented it and it basically played in a loop as I spent an evening engaged in acts that both myself and my... uh... parts... would later come to regret.

Great movie. Two thumbs up.

There's nothing wrong with loving movies that aren't considered to be masculine by society standards. I like Titanic, Where the Heart is, among other movies labeled as "non-masculine" by society.

It's about a plot that grabs your interest.

What grabs your interest? Being a girl?

What grabs your interest? Being a girl?

I like the wide range of emotional expression in those movies, the ups and downs. With Titanic, I liked all the subliminal messages being sent. Like for example, how in the beginning the guy who was arranged to marry Rose was saying how God himself couldn't sink the ship. It shows how the man's arrogance fails him. Also in the end when you see how people are trying to survive the sinking of the ship. You see how they changed from the beginning of the movie. How the captain of the ship reacted, how the designer reacted, how Jack reacted, etc.. It was just a very well-acted and presented movie. Shows how Rose was different from her crowd, and how her Mother's character was flushed out.

It's not just about explosions and guns. I like movies with the plot as the main focus, not the action that should only be there as a crutch, not as the movie. I love movies like Indiana Jones, The Mummy, Jurassic Park, etc., because the plot, acting, and so on are all great. I just don't discriminate against a movie before I know what it's about just because it looks feminine.

Of course I hate movies like Crossroads, as the plot was bad, the acting was bad, and the whole premise has no relevance in a world of maturity.