Time to congratulate this coaching staff

Jedi-Falcon

Mike Smith, Mike Mularkey, Brian Van Gorder, Emmitt Thomas...the list goes on. Every one of them deserve our appreciation for the fine job they have done with this young bunch this season. And let's give thanks to Thomas Dimitroff for getting the ball rolling with, not only his bright draft picks, but his selection of this unknown from Jacksonville - Mike Smith.

It all starts at the top in the NFL, and our top looks as good as any in the NFL right now.

You have to love Mike Mularkey's play-calling. Wow, how many years has it been since I've been able to say that about the Falcon Offensive Coordinator!

And Brian Van Gorder - I questioned this hire at first, but I'm seeing now it was an excellent one. Mike Smith is to credit here, too, with his defensive savvy.

This is a great team of coaches assembled here, and they have assembled a great group of players. I love watching these "unknowns" blossom and become potential stars. Brent Grimes, Tyson Clabo, Dahl.

All they need to do is turn Jamaal Anderson into something, then we will be complete.

You have to love Mike Mularkey's play-calling. Wow, how many years has it been since I've been able to say that about the Falcon Offensive Coordinator!

And Brian Van Gorder - I questioned this hire at first, but I'm seeing now it was an excellent one. Mike Smith is to credit here, too, with his defensive savvy.

This is a great team of coaches assembled here, and they have assembled a great group of players. I love watching these "unknowns" blossom and become potential stars. Brent Grimes, Tyson Clabo, Dahl.

All they need to do is turn Jamaal Anderson into something, then we will be complete.

And I will go on record as having been very upset at the Mularkey hire, but I was misled... His offensive coordination is stellar...How many years has it been since we've seen not just open receivers, but WIDE OPEN receivers!!!! The Oline is run and pass blocking well...And to another point of yours, it's not just that we beat Tennessee last night, but that our three preseason games have all been against AFC Playoff teams last year, and we've been excitingly potent against them all.

These guys are playing really hard, for the first time in years. If you can't see that you're watching something else.

There is a *team* in Atlanta now, with great leadership. Wins tend to happen because of that.

jedi,

Absolute truth!

have you noticed that so many pundits discussed how important the 3rd week preseason game would be.

All the teams that lost are blowing the importance off.

Jeff Fisher sounded like they won.

No Titan interviewed mentioned a word about the Falcon whooping they got.

and don't tell me that they did not underestimate our NEW Falcon Team.

I agree I see positives oozing out of every phase of the game in the form of the players and coaches. if i hear "its just the preseason" one more time im going to laugh. football is football and in order to do some of the things ive seen you have to be a good player and be a good football team.

Exactly. Football is Football.

people think because they arnt going deep into gameplans built specifically for the other team (even though week 3 is where that starts) that the competition on the field isnt meaningful.

when a RB comes at you you either make the tackle or you dont.

when the ball is in the air do you react and break it up or are you a step slow and get beat by the WR

when you drop back to pass do you find the open reciever and keep the chains moving or do you hold the ball too long and take a sack

stuff like that is the same no matter when you play. of course there is varying levels of intensity based on preseason, regular season, and playoffs. but this is where you start. and weve started off great. why would people want to down that?

I agree I see positives oozing out of every phase of the game in the form of the players and coaches. if i hear "its just the preseason" one more time im going to laugh. football is football and in order to do some of the things ive seen you have to be a good player and be a good football team.

If we had looked poorly since the first game, everyone would have shouted how it's a sign of things to come! But since we've looked far better than expected, now the pessimists wanna shout "it's only the preseason," and show their savvy sarcasm about "preseason HOF trophies..." :rolleyes:

If we had looked poorly since the first game, everyone would have shouted how it's a sign of things to come! But since we've looked far better than expected, now the pessimists wanna shout "it's only the preseason," and show their savvy sarcasm about "preseason HOF trophies..." :rolleyes:

yup

its about building blocks. if youre team tackles horribly and cant cover anyone in the preseason how do you expect them to in the games that count. so this team has shown that their practice has paid off and their fundamentals are in place.

people think because they arnt going deep into gameplans built specifically for the other team (even though week 3 is where that starts) that the competition on the field isnt meaningful.

when a RB comes at you you either make the tackle or you dont.

when the ball is in the air do you react and break it up or are you a step slow and get beat by the WR

when you drop back to pass do you find the open reciever and keep the chains moving or do you hold the ball too long and take a sack

stuff like that is the same no matter when you play. of course there is varying levels of intensity based on preseason, regular season, and playoffs. but this is where you start. and weve started off great. why would people want to down that?

PREACH IT!!!!

:D:D:D:D

Mike Smith, Mike Mularkey, Brian Van Gorder, Emmitt Thomas...the list goes on. Every one of them deserve our appreciation for the fine job they have done with this young bunch this season. And let's give thanks to Thomas Dimitroff for getting the ball rolling with, not only his bright draft picks, but his selection of this unknown from Jacksonville - Mike Smith.

It all starts at the top in the NFL, and our top looks as good as any in the NFL right now.

It's about 16 weeks early to give praise. So far, so good.

Nice post Jedi. I will definitely throw in my CONGRATS to the coaching staff!

Way to go setting the positive yet disciplined tone around camp to motivate these young players to shine!

Way to go getting us our first preseason WIN at home!

Way to go giving us fans something really exciting to look forward to for the regular season and BEYOND!!!

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Kudos to the coaching staff for making a decisive call on the starting QB, and giving this team some stability. Better than a wishy washy staff that would say, "We'll wait until after the last preseason game to make up our mind." That would scare me. After four weeks of training camp and three preseason games, if a staff couldn't decide on a QB, I'd be worried. That means none of them are good enough to start (K.C...Arizona...etc) A staff should know by now who the starters are so a true practice rotation can be implemented. Good job, STAFF!

Kudo's.Great post!!! Coaching is everything. :D

I could NOT agree with you.............................................................................

...............more !!!!!