GI Joe Rise of Cobra

I will agree with you if they are flying the Nato or UN flags in the movie and talking in un-american accents, Then they will have angered the fan-base of a true American classic storyarc and characters but lets hold judgement to see if they are that stupid !!

they also need to avoid emasculating gi joe by cowtowing to gay agenda!!! gi joe is about manly men fighting wars which is what manly men do, not about resurecting the village people!!! keep gi joe manly!!!

gungho.jpg

shipwreck.jpg

and don't forget bill winkie!!!

monkeywrench.jpg

Stephen Sommers will direct (here's hoping he reigns in the CG), from a script by Stuart Beattie. The story is set at Brussels-based GIJOE, an acronym for the Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity, and revolves around an international co-ed force of operatives who use high-tech equipment to battle Cobra, an evil org headed by a Scottish arms dealer. --Real Movie News 11/20/07

This has since changed due to overwhelimg negative response from fans and even servicemen.

GiJoe is once again "A real american hero", not an international UN type organization according to Hasbro-

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?pa...6FAEBF95750D7E9

Now all is back to what GI Joe should be and will hopefully remain!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1046173/synopsis

Stephen Sommers will direct (here's hoping he reigns in the CG), from a script by Stuart Beattie. The story is set at Brussels-based GIJOE, an acronym for the Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity, and revolves around an international co-ed force of operatives who use high-tech equipment to battle Cobra, an evil org headed by a Scottish arms dealer. --Real Movie News 11/20/07

This has since changed due to overwhelimg negative response from fans and even servicemen.

GiJoe is once again "A real american hero", not an international UN type organization according to Hasbro-

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?pa...6FAEBF95750D7E9

Now all is back to what GI Joe should be and will hopefully remain!

Good to hear. I hope somebody got their balls snipped for even attempting to make this with an international flair.

It is true that Liberals control most of Hollywood and they love nothing more than ruining cult american classics and GI JOE would fit that bill. In Fact we dont get Amercian Kick *** Movies like the old Chuck Norris Invasion USA, Missing in Actio series or Delta Force or John Wayne military type movies that present American forces in great standing. Now the Liberals feed us crap like Stoploss about Cowards not wanting to go to War or Generation Kill that turns American soilders into merciless killers......etc.

I may be totally paranoid, but that sounds to me like indoctrination. Yeah, they changed the script after people complained, but what if they hadn't?

I'm about as far left as anybody you'll find on this or any other board, but I think these things go beyond wanting to sell tickets to an international audience. They know damned good and well that's not what GI Joe was about! I could give two sh!#s less about GI Joe, never was a fan, but come on!?!?! You think that's merely marketing? Watch Adam Curtiss' four part documentary (produced for the BBC), "The Century of the Self," on Google Video or YouTube. It's about how Sigmund Freud's nephew, Edward Bernays, began the public relations movement, and basically used the media to shape people's opinions in ways far more advanced than anyone had before. This is exactly the kind of thing he admitted to doing himself.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but... why the **** would they pawn GI Joe off on people as a UN force when that's clearly not what he ( it) was about?

Maybe it was totally a financial consideration, but I doubt it. Watch that documentary. If the first 30 minutes don't have your jaw dropping, then you are already aware, or you are in denial. See how he made it acceptable for women to smoke by pulling the first recorded PR stunt . Se how our government paid him big money to skew people's perceptions. See him in interviews (one of them on Letterman) bragging about it.

If you think the media or the government doesn't try to play with your mind, then you are the one who's foolish.