mindgame

Starting QB  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to start?

• Matt Ryan
    • Chris Redman
    • D.J. Shockley
    • Joey Harrington

I personally think that the offense played harder with Matt Ryan as the starter, and we all know the 4th PS game isnt going to have the starters in long, so now is a good time to ask. Who do you want starting @ QB for us?

Stats:

Player----------Att---Comp-----Yds--------Comp %--------Yds/Att--TD---TD %------INT--------INT %-----Long------Sck-------Sack/Lost------Rating

Matt Ryan------52----32---------277--------61.5--------------5.3-------2---3.8----------1---------1.9---------25----------4-----------33--------------80.4

Chris Redman-21----15---------152--------71.4--------------7.2-------0---0.0----------2---------9.5---------28----------0------------0---------------52.2

D.J. Shockley--20-----6----------87--------30.0--------------4.4--------0---0.0---------2--------10.0---------27----------2------------2-----------------5.6

Joey Harrington-10---7----------81--------70.0--------------8.1--------0---0.0---------0----------0.0---------47----------2------------7---------------94.2

matt ryan for me. if the offensive line looks good and we can keep the pressure off of matt with shorter passes (like we did yesterday) and he can get the ball out of his hand quickly and make good decisions while doing so he should start. and based off of last night id say thats a distinct possibility. he might not be all world as a rookie, but i think he could get 15-20 touchdowns if he starts from day 1. who knows. i just say lets let him play if we think he and the OL are ready. based on last night, i think they might be (barring a surprise like an injury). so, lets let him go! :)

based off of all the highlights I have seen........... I would be OK with Ryan starting. he seems to have a great grasp of the offense and gets the ball out quickly. he also has done it against first time defenses, all of which have good speed and all have brought pressure and he has handled it well.

Why not Ryan Leaf? Why not now?

In all honestly i want Matt Ryan, but Ryan Leaf is always a good reason to wait, his rookie season he started 9 games and had 2 touchdowns and 15 int i think.

What does that have to do with anything? Just cause some other qb named 'Ryan' had a bad start years ago is supposed to mean that Matt Ryan will?

Why not Ryan Leaf? Why not now?

In all honestly i want Matt Ryan, but Ryan Leaf is always a good reason to wait, his rookie season he started 9 games and had 2 touchdowns and 15 int i think.

C'mon now..... Ryan Leaf was, and still is, a nutjob. The guy couldn't handle the media, fans, or his teammates. Matt Ryan is so far on the other side of the spectrum that it's not even funny.

I'm confident that our OL will be better than advertised (as we've seen thus far this preseason). I'm also confident that Ryan can mentally deal with the struggles that he is sure to face early in his career, whether those be minor struggles or worse.

What does that have to do with anything? Just cause some other qb named 'Ryan' had a bad start years ago is supposed to mean that Matt Ryan will?

Im not comparing by the name, if I were I would have said "Brady Quinn should have been #1 pick"... which i dont think he should have. Im just saying that some teams thought Ryan Leaf to be better than Peyton Manning, now whos still in the league and has a superbowl ring? Only time will tell and hopefully Matt Ryan is the real deal.

why would ANYONE want joey harrington to start? good god...

For no other reason than - Just to offend the mindless haters... :D

Actually there's many good reasons.

- He won the QB battle in pre-season, highest QB rating

- He is the most experienced Veteran QB on the roster

- He is the only quarterback on the roster to start a regular season

- He is the QB with added motivation - revenge on his former team

- Has the most experience vs the Rod Marinelli defense of the Lions

- Has the most experience with Mularkey's offense from 2006

- He was the starter last year & should not lose his job because of Petrino

Joey has developed into the team's most steady consistent QB - Redman is way up & down - do you really want the Redman of pre-season Game 1, or how about last year's Bucs game? Worst performance by a Falcon QB in years.

Sure Ryan's our starter - at some point - BUT the team should resist pressure and allow Matt to watch a couple games. "What IF" he throws another Pick-6 and these idiot "fans" start booing? Where do you go, if Ryan has a couple of bad games.... do you bench him???