Regardless of who starts Game 1.... they might be....

Anybody watching this Browns/Lions game? Holy cripple, the Lions are drawing & quartering the Browns, sprinkling on some marinade, and grilling them up for dinner! I can't lie, I expected a closer game between these two teams. Game 1 should be a true test of whether our defense is as good as everyone seems to be hoping. Their QBs have done some dink & dunk, but they've also been able to stretch the field often. And the running game is not looking bad either.

Our birds are gonna have their work cut out for them, and yes, I AM saying that about the Detroit Lions.

Kevin Smith was a great pick up for them. That catch that Roy Williams made in the first half looked like he was Spiderman to reach up and pull it down. I'm really hoping teams face us thinking that we're the team we were last year and only realizing too late that we might be hungrier than they are.

F the lions.

F being scared.

yall need to man up because if youre players are thinking like yall were in for a long season.

:lol:

pretty funny...

It's not about being scared or not up to the challenge. Probably for me, it's more about being a long-time Falcons fan, and that whole pattern of getting your hopes up only to have EPIC fail. :P

:lol:

pretty funny...

It's not about being scared or not up to the challenge. Probably for me, it's more about being a long-time Falcons fan, and that whole pattern of getting your hopes up only to have EPIC fail. :P

actually i agre with your post, the lions dont suck anymore. but im talking about the frowns and were gonna get massacred stuff. thats just itchmade. :lol:

and my hopes are going to stay up! but i dont want to see an epic fail. that would suck haha

Also, for anyone watching the game... who are these 2 broadcasters? I swear one of them sounds like he's taken 3-4 Xanaax, and had a few draft beers. (I hope I'm not insulting anyone handicapped, cause I really don't know. But my description is nonetheless accurate.) Maybe he's a Browns fan, so he's pounding the beers at the moment.

Did you guys all watch the beginning of the game? I know Anderson is out, I think Lewis is out too. Browns got shut down pretty bad last week against the Giants. It did look like their defense played well last week, but I think we will have a close game. The Lions have been pretty good as of recent to be an awful team and still beat us (we were 1 of their 4-12 season two years ago).

Also, for anyone watching the game... who are these 2 broadcasters? I swear one of them sounds like he's taken 3-4 Xanaax, and had a few draft beers. (I hope I'm not insulting anyone handicapped, cause I really don't know. But my description is nonetheless accurate.) Maybe he's a Browns fan, so he's pounding the beers at the moment.

That's Bernie Kosar. I swear he was drunk during a pre-season game last year. He slurs his words badly, has little constructive to offer and sounds like he's got dain bramage.

Did you guys all watch the beginning of the game? I know Anderson is out, I think Lewis is out too. Browns got shut down pretty bad last week against the Giants. It did look like their defense played well last week, but I think we will have a close game. The Lions have been pretty good as of recent to be an awful team and still beat us (we were 1 of their 4-12 season two years ago).

Man did you listen to the new Murs & 9th Wonder album. It pretty much picks up right where "Murray's Revenge" left off. "Nina Ross" is a priceless, funny track with references back to "Freak These Tales" and stuff like that.

On topic...like someone above me said pass rush WILL be key... Also I think the Lions have a pretty good defense. But if we can run on them we should be fine on offense. I'm also thinking that special teams which is coming along quite nicely should give us good field position. It's gonna be a tight and tough game, but a fun way to start off the season.

I've had it on since it started, but had to do a few things around the house. The Browns OL has been either failing them, or the Lions D is playing really fast. They're not getting all that much time in the pocket to pass. And they're flying to the ball (something I've seen more of w/our D too this year, which is a good sign). They don't look as bad as they did against the Giants, but there's a biiiig difference between the Giants and the Lions. Haven't seen any stats on Brady Quinn, but he seemed to be a little jumpy back there to me.

EDIT: This guy Dorsey (QB) has actually played pretty well for being what...? their 2nd or 3rd string QB?

Anybody watching this Browns/Lions game? Holy cripple, the Lions are drawing & quartering the Browns, sprinkling on some marinade, and grilling them up for dinner! I can't lie, I expected a closer game between these two teams. Game 1 should be a true test of whether our defense is as good as everyone seems to be hoping. Their QBs have done some dink & dunk, but they've also been able to stretch the field often. And the running game is not looking bad either.

Our birds are gonna have their work cut out for them, and yes, I AM saying that about the Detroit Lions.

No postitve gains in the running game until Smith broke that one in the 2nd quarter. Tatum Bell and Smith with that line. More worried about YKW and Williams.

The Lions seem to play the Falcons tough every time we play them......even when we're good and they aren't......

I have a sneaking suspicion every game will be tough for us this year....but I don't really care. I have patience and I know that the ship has been righted.

Man did you listen to the new Murs & 9th Wonder album. It pretty much picks up right where "Murray's Revenge" left off. "Nina Ross" is a priceless, funny track with references back to "Freak These Tales" and stuff like that.

On topic...like someone above me said pass rush WILL be key... Also I think the Lions have a pretty good defense. But if we can run on them we should be fine on offense. I'm also thinking that special teams which is coming along quite nicely should give us good field position. It's gonna be a tight and tough game, but a fun way to start off the season.

Good taste in music BTW

The Lions seem to play the Falcons tough every time we play them......even when we're good and they aren't......

I have a sneaking suspicion every game will be tough for us this year....but I don't really care. I have patience and I know that the ship has been righted.

which is the way it should be.... teams who blow other team out week in and week out struggle when they have to play a team who has played hard fought games. it happens ever year. just look at last year. The giants had to fight and scrape in games. The Pats just coasted through everyone. we saw the end result of that.

Shouts to the whole JustUs League, homie!!! Phonte's my dude and with 9th on percussion, these frontin dudes can't say nothin....