Who should we pick up during freeagency(next year)

atljbo

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who should we pick up during freeagency

• 6'3 260lbs DE Terrell Suggs(25 years old)
    • 6'6 320lbs DT Albert Haynesworth(27 years old)
    • 6'7 290lbs DE Julius Peppers(28 years old)
    • 6'3 305lbs DT Tank Johnson(26 years old)

6'3 260lbs DE Terrell Suggs:My boy T-Sizzle.....I would rather have T -Suggs then peppers..... Suggs is a 25 year old pass rushing maniac.... Suggs should cost less then peppers....In 5 years Suggs has collected 46 sacks(estimated cost:7-year, $54 million contract)

6'6 320lbs DT Albert Haynesworth:This guy was a monster last year...... Albert can stop the run and get pressure up the middle...... Albert plays with that mean attitude that Coach Smith like....This is a Coach Smith DT(estimated cost:5-year, $43 million contract)

6'7 290lbs DE Julius Peppers:Peppers is the best DE in the league to me...... Julius is a freak of nature....... 2007 was not a good year for Peppers but this guy is almost unstoppable.....(estimated cost:6-year, $74 million contract)

6'3 305lbs Tank Johnson:This is the guy i really want.......Tank Johnson is a Rod Coleman type DT but is way better in run support...... Playin DT in dallas 3-4 has helped his run support even more...... In our 4-3 D Tank will be huge for us(6-year, 30 million contract)

So who would you want ?

Terrell Suggs should be the first FA targeted, and i agree with you on Tank Johnson... Peppers and Haynesworth will probably be to expensive. Its highly unlikely, imo anyway, that Suggs, Haynesworth and Peppers wont be re signed. They are all great players...

I was screaming for the FO to pick up Johnson last year, and everyone on the board flamed me for it... We could of gotten him for jackshit back then...

To be honest, none of these guys. I'd much rather have us build through the draft. Yes, I know everyone is getting tired of hearing that, but it's the truth. Yes, teams must add guys via free agency, but I feel like that should be done for "role players" and depth. I'm just not too keen on investing so much money into one guy on the defense. Let's find our own guys in the draft that can give us similar production (not right away, of course, but later on down the road) at a fraction of the cost. That is, unless said draft pick is an early first-rounder.

If the defensive line keeps on playing the way it has been there will be no need for us to break the bank on a Defensive tackle. I know Grady is old, but Trey Lewis should be back soon. its hard to find offensive linemen in FA, but to be honest Dahl and Clabo have really impressed me. Clabo will need to be resigned, and if we can add a tackle through the draft, I think Weiner could be a cap casualty.

If the offensive line plays better then we expected, and the defensive tackles play better then we thought... then I see us either going after a DE, WLB (Brooking could become a cap casualty), or a S

Terrell Suggs should be the first FA targeted, and i agree with you on Tank Johnson... Peppers and Haynesworth will probably be to expensive. Its highly unlikely, imo anyway, that Suggs, Haynesworth and Peppers wont be re signed. They are all great players...

I was screaming for the FO to pick up Johnson last year, and everyone on the board flamed me for it... We could of gotten him for jackshit back then...

Yea..... i wanted Tank Johnson to but i understand he was a risk....... Now that tank has should everybody that he is dedicated to football and the cowboys are saying that Tank is now one of the team Leaders.....We can use that hear....Tank is a Rod Coleman type player but with a meaner streak

This was a post about impact D-Lineman.....(Our biggest need)

JMO, if we HAD to make a signing of one of these guys, I'd go Terrell Suggs. He's going to be cheaper than Peppers and their play has been about equal throughout their career.

Tank, well, given his past & our past, I can't see us considering it yet. Give us another couple of years to put the recent past completely behind us before we start taking chances on questionable characters, even if they have shown a change. Similar thoughts about Haynesworth as well. Although with Haynesworth, I think he's a guy that doesn't put out full effort all the time. 07 was a contract year for him, so he picked up his play. He's due to be a FA again this year, and is looking for a long-term deal. I'd be afraid that when he gets it, you won't get the level of effort from him that you were expecting when you signed him.

To be honest, none of these guys. I'd much rather have us build through the draft. Yes, I know everyone is getting tired of hearing that, but it's the truth. Yes, teams must add guys via free agency, but I feel like that should be done for "role players" and depth. I'm just not too keen on investing so much money into one guy on the defense. Let's find our own guys in the draft that can give us similar production (not right away, of course, but later on down the road) at a fraction of the cost. That is, unless said draft pick is an early first-rounder.

yup, i agree with you. what we should use free agency for is adding depth and filling smaller holes with role players (like eric coleman, like milloy, like von hutchins... you see my point) and thats what we will do, so i dont really see the sense in getting our hopes up for signing one of the best players in free agency when that just doesnt seem to be our style.

TD seems to know what hes doing (he took a bunch of guys we liked scott, clearly we got through to him :lol: ) based off of his first draft class so why stop now? let him keep building this team from the ground up and just like the patriots did they can add a couple key pieces to take them from a bubble team to a true contender. THAT is what free agency should be used for, at least imo, not to try and turn your team into a 7-9/8-8 team from a 5-11/6-10 team (which is what i think we are now).

sorry if that wasnt what you wanted me to say atljbo. :P