Elam's missed FG last night

Icarus2.0

Dude calm down. He missed it by a couple of inches and people want to cut him and brick back a K who doesn't have the range to make a 45 yarder.

i doubt that he was aiming for an inch to the left of the post. Most kickers, if not all aim, for the middle so to have missed that badly from that close, it IS a big deal.

i dont want him cut mostly because there are no better options and hes proven that hes one of the best kickers, but theres no reason to blow it off like its no big deal when u have a kicker that is kicking like a rookie so far

I must admit I am a little concerned with the preseason Elam is having. The miss last night wasn't much further than an extra point. I guess part of it is because I thought K was a position where we wouldn't have any concerns at all with the credentials Elam brings with him. I will say that my brother has lived in Denver for 20 years and is a huge Broncos fan. He goes to many of the games and follows them very closely. He was very upset when Elam left. He said he has been remarkable for them for years, and didn't perceive any drop off last year. He could recall numerous games Elam won for them and that he was great when the game was on the line. He also said he had met him a number of times and that he was a great guy. He congratulated me on a great FA signing in Elam. I hope he returns to that Mr. Automatic name my brother put on him.

I'm calm...and nowhere did I say cut him. The guys career speaks for itself. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something. They all looked like decent snaps and holds to me.

The guy has been kicking in freezing temperatures a mile high above the earth. Lets give him some time to adjust to a heated dome where its always 70 degrees.

i doubt that he was aiming for an inch to the left of the post. Most kickers, if not all aim, for the middle so to have missed that badly from that close, it IS a big deal.

i dont want him cut mostly because there are no better options and hes proven that hes one of the best kickers, but theres no reason to blow it off like its no big deal when u have a kicker that is kicking like a rookie so far

Read my prior post in this thread.

Not an easy adjustment.

i mean, the guy always sucks in the preseason. My denver broncos friends told me that right when we signed him. They said people will ask for his head during preseason, then he will be praised during the season. That is his routine. I really think he doesn't try too hard when the game is not for real. I mean, hes a kicker. Its preseason, so who cares. Also, how do you know the hold was perfect? Maybe it was tilted to the left which would make the ball go left a little? Do you know for sure the hold was perfect?? The hold is a crucial part of the kicking game. Once he and whoever is holding, get that down, then he will be money in the dome. Don't worry, he is always garbage in preseason.

The guy has been kicking in freezing temperatures a mile high above the earth. Lets give him some time to adjust to a heated dome where its always 70 degrees.

THe man's been kicking for 16 years in the NFL, he's kicked in his share of domes before. He doesnt only kick in denver.

I can understand someone farely new adjusting from a dome to a freezing temperature a mile high above the earth where there is alot of wind, but kicking in a dome where the weather is perfect and there is no wind, is how every kicker wants it.

Seriously what's going on? I'm not an Elam hater....I've seen what the man has done throughout his career. I guess that's why I'm so surprised at him missing the easy ones. What's everyone else's thoughts?

Elam admitted it, he has sucked in pre-season before but once the season starts, he kicks back in. You gurantee their making him practice like crazy. :P

if he sucks this year and prater has a big year we are officially cursed at the kicker position.

i think elam will have a good year though.

I think he'll have a good year also. I read somewhere where the coaches more or less let him train himself, that's the only complaint I have about Elam. Actually I remember Mike Smith saying that Elam in an interview was off doing his own training thing at that time. I don't care how good you are, you should train with the team if you are a team player.... .JMO

THe man's been kicking for 16 years in the NFL, he's kicked in his share of domes before. He doesnt only kick in denver.

I can understand someone farely new adjusting from a dome to a freezing temperature a mile high above the earth where there is alot of wind, but kicking in a dome where the weather is perfect and there is no wind, is how every kicker wants it.

He is used to kicking at home in the cold, now home is warm. It will be an adjustment for the best but for right now maybe its still a lil different kicking at home in a dome. He will adjust but dont expect everthing to be perfect just because he is a vet.

Seriously what's going on? I'm not an Elam hater....I've seen what the man has done throughout his career. I guess that's why I'm so surprised at him missing the easy ones. What's everyone else's thoughts?

The game and kick didn't count. Pre-season is the time to miss.... :rolleyes::lol:

Possibly the other way around would make a passable excuse, but when did people begin reacting adversely to comfortable environments?

No real big deal either way........yet.

Possibly the other way around would make a passable excuse, but when did people begin reacting adversely to comfortable environments?

No real big deal either way........yet.

Yet is right.

Yeah, I guess he always chokes it up in preseason, so I'll keep my complaints to myself until we see what he's got when it really counts.

But man, do I hate a missed field goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <_<

I was at a game in San Diego where he kicked a 55 yarder to end the half in a September game. He has been around long enough to be use to kicking in most any situation.