So, how are the other top-rated QB prospects faring?

cooperbh

Based on the preseason numbers so far, it is obvious that Ryan came exactly as advertised: He is head and shoulders above the rest of the QB class of '08. Keep in mind that the Falcons, Ravens and Dolphins all needed starting QBs going into the season, and GB needed someone who could come in this year and back up Aaron Rodgers.

Here's the line score for each QB, listed in the order they were drafted...

.......................Att.....Comp....Yds.....%........Avg....TD......INT.....Sacks....Fumbles......Rating

Ryan..............52.......32.......277.....62%.....5.3......2........1...........4................0..............80.4

Flacco...........54.......27.......212.....50%.....3.9......1.........0..........6................1..............66.7

Brohm...........30.......12......103......40%.....4.3......0........1...........0................1..............35.8

Henne...........43.......24.......214.....56%.....5.0......0........1...........1................0..............59.6

Not only is Ryan the highest rated QB of the group, he has achieved this playing mostly against 1st team defenses, whereas the others have largely faced 3rd stringers late in games. This is evidenced by the fact that Ryan has played a whopping 13 first half series. Conversely, Flacco has played 6 first half series and Brohm and Henne have played 3 apiece - all in the 2nd quarter. And while Flacco joins Ryan as the only two QBs to get a start, Flacco's start was due to his team's scheduled starting QB not being able to play because of illness.

I realize that this is only the preseason, but it does illustrate how far ahead of the curve Ryan is compared to the other rookie QBs. Further proof that arm strength alone does not pay immediate dividends. Pocket presense, the ability to quickly read defenses and throw the ball with touch does. Considering that arm strength is much easier to develop than those other attributes, I say the future looks bright indeed for Ryan and the Falcons.

Add Dixon to the list,

What about the QB from Tampa? forgot his name.

Josh Johnson.......Josh hasn't gotten anything but mop up time so far........

Don't lose sight of the fact that Ryan is playing with first stringers so his support may be better IMO.

However, that means he's also playing against them too.

Dude the manchurian canindate thing is very uncool.Politics is one thing but mccain made a sacrifice you cant comprehend.

Dude the manchurian canindate thing is very uncool.Politics is one thing but mccain made a sacrifice you cant comprehend.

Okay. I'll do one for "Liar, Liar" if it'll make you happy. I respect sacrifice but don't respect people who change their principles in mid-shift. (I know, "wrong forum"...)

Don't lose sight of the fact that Ryan is playing with first stringers so his support may be better IMO.

However, that means he's also playing against them too.

There's a reason why those other QBs are not playing with the first stringers. You have to earn that in camp. They didn't. Ryan did.

Okay. I'll do one for "Liar, Liar" if it'll make you happy. I respect sacrifice but don't respect people who change their principles in mid-shift. (I know, "wrong forum"...)

Flip flop whatever....its a cliche or bumper sticker.No need to hate.We are one regardless of party.

Flip flop whatever....its a cliche or bumper sticker.No need to hate.We are one regardless of party.

I used to think that about the Falcons fan base. But Duckett vs. Dunn, Ryan vs. Dorsey and Shockley vs. Harrington pretty much straightened me out. I had more respect for McCain before he became "presumptive" and he used to speak his own mind. That being said, that smell in the air is Politics and both candidates reek of it. I'm just picking on the one I like the least. Besides, Obama seems more likely to be a Falcons fan than McCain, whose advisors insist he loves the Patriots.

BTW, I changed my sig as I probably will a dozen more times between now and election day.

You forgot one.......

Colt Brennan 23 17 239 73.9 10.4 3 13.0 0 0.0 37 4 25 146.6

Brennen wasn't a top rated QB prospect going in to this last draft. And, as others have pointed out, he's putting up those numbers late in games against future practice squadders. Which explains why he hasn't managed to pull himself up from the very bottom of the depth chart.

Brohm look terrible .... i mean terrible......thats why TD is the GM and we are not

when everyone was praising him on these boards, I knew he would be no good and I was quite vocal. I though Flacco may be really good, and he may or may not be, but I KNEW Brohm would be bad

brennan (sp) has looked pretty good in his play for the skins. but ryan has looked very good so far. i laughed when they were comparing some of ryans throws to youngs throws last nite. talking about how ryan was leading his receivers with his passes and young was throwing it to where his receivers were. made me feel a little better about ryan.

when everyone was praising him on these boards, I knew he would be no good and I was quite vocal. I though Flacco may be really good, and he may or may not be, but I KNEW Brohm would be bad

Flacco is the complete opposite of what you thought he may have been. He's supposedly not looking good at all.