Nasty BOYZ

Pistol_Pete

I'm really of two minds about the whole thing. On the one hand it just makes sense -- we don't have a "gifted" O-line so you have to find a way to make up for that, which in this case means being nasty. On the other hand, we got lucky last night because the Titans were generally inept at taking advantage of the penalties and we probably won't be so lucky come the regular season. We have to find a middle ground that will allow the O-line to be physical and nasty without drawing penalties (and by personal preference without the Falcons becoming the new "thug" team of the NFL, ala the Raiders).

That said, I agree with Dr. Know, a penalty or two to show teams that this year's Falcons mean business is something I'll gladly take.

Nastiness without discipline is nothing more than Jerry Glanville Pigskin Footbrawl nonsense and, as has been amply demonstrated, is no way to become a respectable, winning football team. Let's hope this line and this team can find a way to embody both characteristics. Otherwise, 100 yards in penalties per game is gonna start taking a heavy toll on the win/loss record.

It is possible to be nasty without the senseless personal fouls.

With that said, I have been pissed for years that the Buccaneers have been more physical than us and always beat us up. I hope this is our message to them....

Tampa...this team is going to hit you in the mouth this year and you're gonna get a taste of your own medicine.