There's a Different Attitude to this Team That We Haven't Seen In a Long Time

FalcD56

Last night, even from just listening to the game, I can tell there is something different about the way the Falcons are playing football. I can sense the tenacity, the fight, the will to win the battles. Early in training camp, I read in an article where Ovie Mughelli was talking about how the coaching staff is bringing a winning atmosphere, that under this regime, they feel like they can win. I think we all saw (or listened) to that last night. The offensive line was FURIOUS! Remember under Alex Gibbs when these guys were doing the zone blocking and weren't allowed to be over 300 pounds? Well, now under Smith and Mularky's power running game, these guys have put on weight and added some anger into their play. The amount of penalties does concern me a bit, but just the drive this unit played with during a pre-season game put a huge smile on my face. Not to mention seeing Matt Ryan over on the sidelines talking to them afterwards. That was one of the many signs of a leader we have seen from him.

Overall, and especially from the offensive line, we are going to see more fight from this team than most of us can remember. While we are still in the beginning of a re-building mode and cannot forget that, I think this is going to be a fun season to be a Falcons fan. Get your voices ready, kickoff starts in exactly 15 days.

Last night, even from just listening to the game, I can tell there is something different about the way the Falcons are playing football. I can sense the tenacity, the fight, the will to win the battles. Early in training camp, I read in an article where Ovie Mughelli was talking about how the coaching staff is bringing a winning atmosphere, that under this regime, they feel like they can win. I think we all saw (or listened) to that last night. The offensive line was FURIOUS! Remember under Joe Gibbs when these guys were doing the zone blocking and weren't allowed to be over 300 pounds? Well, now under Smith and Mularky's power running game, these guys have put on weight and added some anger into their play. The amount of penalties does concern me a bit, but just the drive this unit played with during a pre-season game put a huge smile on my face. Not to mention seeing Matt Ryan over on the sidelines talking to them afterwards. That was one of the many signs of a leader we have seen from him.

Overall, and especially from the offensive line, we are going to see more fight from this team than most of us can remember. While we are still in the beginning of a re-building mode and cannot forget that, I think this is going to be a fun season to be a Falcons fan. Get your voices ready, kickoff starts in exactly 15 days.

Alex Gibbs......

Other than that though I like your post......

When they hired Coach Smith, I was like "WHO?"

But so far I have to really hand it to him for assembling a first rate coaching staff, and for turning this team's attitude around very quickly. The players seem to have totally bought into the new systems, and are playing better than I had expected they would. Now credit for some of that goes to TD for bringing in some good talent. But Smitty gets the credit for the new energy and attitude of the team.

I especially like the "nasty" edge the coaching staff is trying to instill in the team. We do have to improve on the penalties, but the team is still very young and that will get better.

Personally, as long as other teams can't score on us, I don't care how many penalties we get. I want teams to fear us. I'm sick of the candy-*** rep we've had the last few seasons. I'm loving the go for the throat Mularkey offense so far, I want the other teams crying for their mamas. I want fire and blood.

Personally, as long as other teams can't score on us, I don't care how many penalties we get. I want teams to fear us. I'm sick of the candy-*** rep we've had the last few seasons. I'm loving the go for the throat Mularkey offense so far, I want the other teams crying for their mamas. I want fire and blood.

:lol:

You gotta play this game nasty...only the strong will survive...