Matt Ryan - First year rookie NFL QB

Bring It

Matt Ryan has been an NFL QB for a grand total of.................what......................3 months ????

THREE MONTHS !!!!!!!!!!!

Folks, think about it. In three months this young athlete has absorbed.............with ease...............an entirely new brand of football some or most QB's take 3 years to figure out................or in many cases, they NEVER quite do !!!

THREE MONTHS !!!!!!!!!!

Ryan will make his share of mistakes. It's just inevitable. But, so far...............and I've said this at least 8 times earlier here..............he is a young Roger Staubach if ever there was or is one.

The future looks bright. He will improve each and every week. Why ?? Because that's the type person and athlete he is. He is driven to excellence.....................something that can't be coached. You either have it or you don't, and Matt Ryan has it.

Oh..................I forgot................he plays for that "nothing, nobody" team, the Atlanta Falcons. If you haven't heard of them...............you will.

Bump for the Kool-Aid. I'll drink to #2.

I know it's very, very, very early in Ryan's NFL career but you can see he has that something special that can't be coached.

He's the real deal.......................and he's just at the starting blocks.

I think Mike Mularkey is going to love working with him.

Yeah Matt is looks like he will be a smart quarterback. He didn't force anything to Roddy last night he knew Roddy was doubled and passed it to the guys that were in single coverage. Had a nice scramble and he's more mobile than people though. I knew that from watching him play against VT, he showed how mobile he was then.

Unlike a lot of top 5 qb's he's actually surrounded by some pretty good talent. Norwood/Turner combo should be a very good combo that will open up the passing game for Matt Ryan. Roddy White is starting to make a name for himself and drawing double coverage. Laurent Robinson is young with a lot of potential to be a solid #2 receiver. Michael Jenkins has looked good this preaseason. Biggest concern will be how the O-line holds up in the regular season for Matt.

Matt Ryan has been an NFL QB for a grand total of.................what......................3 months ????

THREE MONTHS !!!!!!!!!!!

Folks, think about it. In three months this young athlete has absorbed.............with ease...............an entirely new brand of football some or most QB's take 3 years to figure out................or in many cases, they NEVER quite do !!!

THREE MONTHS !!!!!!!!!!

Ryan will make his share of mistakes. It's just inevitable. But, so far...............and I've said this at least 8 times earlier here..............he is a young Roger Staubach if ever there was or is one.

The future looks bright. He will improve each and every week. Why ?? Because that's the type person and athlete he is. He is driven to excellence.....................something that can't be coached. You either have it or you don't, and Matt Ryan has it.

Oh..................I forgot................he plays for that "nothing, nobody" team, the Atlanta Falcons. If you haven't heard of them...............you will.

Absolutely not. He does not compare to Roger Staubach besides playing the same position. Staubach was much more mobile than Ryan for one...Also, Staubach came in a much more mature ball player due to age and military experience. I grew up watching Staubach and see no similarities.

Now....my opinion about Ryan....He was ok, but I am not jumping up and down about him. Yes, he is a rookie...and I give him that. I noticed the play calling while he is in.....He is good at throwing slants but I have not been impressed with his long game. As mentioned, he is a rookie and that portion will take time. It seems as though the coaching staff is attempting to win over the crowd with Matt. They pretty much give Matt higher success type of plays to run. I am not downing Matt by any means...I am just saying....don't get too excited yet.

At this point....Chris Redman still looks the better between the two QB's. I would like for us to field the best team...and play to win this year. With that being the case, I would go with Redman as starter and let Ryan play some series....If we throw Ryan in as immediate starter....and he suffers some bad games....fans will turn on him....especially in Atlanta.

Absolutely not. He does not compare to Roger Staubach besides playing the same position. Staubach was much more mobile than Ryan for one...Also, Staubach came in a much more mature ball player due to age and military experience. I grew up watching Staubach and see no similarities.

Now....my opinion about Ryan....He was ok, but I am not jumping up and down about him. Yes, he is a rookie...and I give him that. I noticed the play calling while he is in.....He is good at throwing slants but I have not been impressed with his long game. As mentioned, he is a rookie and that portion will take time. It seems as though the coaching staff is attempting to win over the crowd with Matt. They pretty much give Matt higher success type of plays to run. I am not downing Matt by any means...I am just saying....don't get too excited yet.

At this point....Chris Redman still looks the better between the two QB's. I would like for us to field the best team...and play to win this year. With that being the case, I would go with Redman as starter and let Ryan play some series....If we throw Ryan in as immediate starter....and he suffers some bad games....fans will turn on him....especially in Atlanta.

I guess the main reason he reminds me of Staubach so much is his maturity, poise, leadership, stature, calmness, and style. I agree, Roger was more mobile.

I emphasized THREE MONTHS for a reason. Ryan does things in a manner other rookie QB's hardly EVER show in 3 short months. This young man...............very young................is amazing for this point in his career.

Amazing.

THREE MONTHS !!!!!!!!!!!

THREE MONTHS !!!!!!!!!!

I'll bump to that. The future looks bright, indeed!

Oh, and kool-aid's not bad with coffee and the Sunday paper. I'm likin' it!!!!!!!! B)

Yes, it appears as if Ryan is the man.

RYan is definitely different from Staubach as Staubach was much more mobile and relied on his legs. Staubach was never as accurate a passer as Ryan eitehr. Staubach's career completion percentage was around 56% - not very good by today's standards.

Being a pure drop back passer with an accurate arm, Ryan should easily be above 60% in that same category.

Go Falcons!

This is what i'm worried most about, Blank is notorious for PR moves (still like him though)

your second point is something that I'm VERY worried about.