Alge Crump-let

Bring It

Gee, I wonder how the little ole' Falcons were able to beat the MIGHTY Titans Fri. nite with our "inferior" junior players................and without "All World" Alge Crumpler ??? How did it happen folks ???

It happened because of 77 guys and an entire organization of coaches and front office BELIEVE IN EACH OTHER..................and couldn't care less what the rest of the so called "experts" think or predict !!!!! And don't give me that " it's only pre-season, Tenn. didn't really care" crap !!! They cared. They played their FIRST STRING against ours. I'm darn sure Jeff Fisher and Co. wanted to Baptize Matt Ryan and "welcome" him to the NFL, and all the other cliches you can name. This was preseason game No.3. It was an important game for both sides. Period.

It's been a long, long time since the Falcons looked so much like a real TEAM, as they looked Fri. nite.

Congrats. to them all...............especially Mike Smith & staff for getting a bunch of hungry, talented young players so ready, and also to the vets who looked like real, authentic NFL contenders. My hat's off to them all.

P.S. Crumpler looked like an overweight, plodding, mediocre, overpaid Manatee.

I miss seeing Crumpler on the field for us, and I wish him well with the Titans. That being said, I don't think he would be much of a difference maker in this offense.

BTW, did anyone else notice Lawyer Milloy going out of his way to put 2 big hits on Alge in the first quarter?

Gee, I wonder how the little ole' Falcons were able to beat the MIGHTY Titans Fri. nite with our "inferior" junior players................and without "All World" Alge Crumpler ??? How did it happen folks ???

It happened because of 77 guys and an entire organization of coaches and front office BELIEVE IN EACH OTHER..................and couldn't care less what the rest of the so called "experts" think or predict !!!!! And don't give me that " it's only pre-season, Tenn. didn't really care" crap !!! They cared. They played their FIRST STRING against ours. I'm darn sure Jeff Fisher and Co. wanted to Baptize Matt Ryan and "welcome" him to the NFL, and all the other cliches you can name. This was preseason game No.3. It was an important game for both sides. Period.

It's been a long, long time since the Falcons looked so much like a real TEAM, as they looked Fri. nite.

Congrats. to them all...............especially Mike Smith & staff for getting a bunch of hungry, talented young players so ready, and also to the vets who looked like real, authentic NFL contenders. My hat's off to them all.

Manatee ILMAO!!! Hilarious.

-6OUT

Yeah besides the great win, what I enjoyed the most was the incredible intensity and energy our team played with. Especially the offensive line - they looked like muggers out there.

Coach Smith and his staff have to be given all the credit for getting this team turned around and focused on a positive direction.

Don't go hating on Alge either. I agree that releasing him was the smart thing to do on a young rebuilding team. But, the guy was a great player here, and still has a lot of game left in him. He always showed up ready to play. I hope he does very well this season.

Why go bashing our former players who played their hearts out for us?

I miss seeing Crumpler on the field for us, and I wish him well with the Titans. That being said, I don't think he would be much of a difference maker in this offense.

BTW, did anyone else notice Lawyer Milloy going out of his way to put 2 big hits on Alge in the first quarter?

yeah i love alge. i hope he does well with the titans. but thats funny about the law-dogg laying down the law. :P

preseason.....preseason....preseason... B)

Preseason ???

Tell that to Jeff Fisher and his 78 guys who were busting their butts trying to trounce us and show who is the better team.

Enough with the preseason excuse crap.................save it !!! Fri. nite was preseason game No. 3. EVERY coach and veteran NFL player knows that game No. 3 means something. You play it to win.

Period.

Seeing Crump in blue and white really hurt.

Hurt me too. I love Crump and wish him much success, just not against the Falcons. I know they made the right decisions with the cuts - but it still hurts to see my most beloved players in other colors. I am not looking forward to TB and Dunn, Oakland and Hall - 2 of my other faves. I know we are a new team starting over - but doesn't mean you don't miss them.

preseason.....preseason....preseason... B)

Exactly and alge got 9 yards total receiving. I still wished we didn't drop him, but it might have been like Jeremy Shockey was in new york. Once he got hurt and wasn't on the field and no more ME ME ME, the giants win the super bowl, and they cut his azz right to the saints. Hope his luck goes with him. :P

Right on. GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alge was an excellent player for us and a fixture in the community. Even the announcers said that last night. He looked to be in great shape last night as well. The gloating contained in the above quote seems a little bit much considering that we just won our first PRESEASON game. How about saving it for the regular season, genius. :P

So because Alge alone couldn't beat our entire defense, and because our offense shred their defense for 17 points, Crumpler is garbage?

I don't care what you say, Crumpler was a good player, a good person, and he would be a benefit for our team.

Agreed some people have some type of agenda against former players on this team for whatever reason.

The way some people bash Crump you would think he was a cancer while he was here.

Crumpler looked great, best shape, he has been in a while.

Check the third play when he flattens Jamal, then ask Jamal what he thinks!

wtf

That was one play.

Alge got his big bell rung sevral times. Malloy could have hurt Alge on that pass where someone tackled Alge low and Malloy had a clear shot to the head. I saw Malloy taklking to Alge as the first half ended, they were laughing, what else could Alge have done, he got his bell rang loud.