Adam Jennings

bozoatl

Jennings has looked bad returning kicks ever since last year. Seemed like all he did was fair catch. Then, last week he actually dropped the ball. His first return attempt Friday night was another fair catch. But when he caught the ball and looked up, it seemed like he realized he did in fact have time to run. After that, no fair catches and a lot of good return yardage. If he'll stop fair catching ALL the time, maybe he will be a good return man. Apparently the coaching staff sees something in him, cause they keep giving him opportunities to show what he can do. As I've said before - I want the best guys on the field, not just favorites. So, if Jennings can 'git er done', I'm all for him! Let's hope Friday wasn't a fluke.

With those returns he certainly made it hard to cut him. Finneran has played great on ST all preseason, but unless we are going to have Douglas return kicks, Jennings might have to make the team... also I havn't seen crap from Brown on ST. The only way I thought he was going to make the team was if he proved his worth on kickoff, as of last night I think Snelling is the #3... and I couldn't be happier about it

I was just about to make this same topic. Now I hope I'm wrong, but after seeing 4 consecutive punt returns out of him I imagine that he just might do enough in the next game to make the team and go back to being a disappointment in the regular season.

I think that Douglas can do much more for the team, both in ST and on offense than Jennings can.

I've seen enough of Jennings.

Still cannot waste a roster spot on Jenning, he had a good preseason last yr as well before stinking it up horribly when the games started to count. He single-handly lost the Indy game last wk with the bone-headed drop and I dont think he has want it takes to put the Falcons offense in favorable field postion...........way too many fair catches, CUT HIM AND DONT BE DECEIVED BY ONE GAME, LOOK AT THE TREND !!!!!

I was just about to make this same topic. Now I hope I'm wrong, but after seeing 4 consecutive punt returns out of him I imagine that he just might do enough in the next game to make the team and go back to being a disappointment in the regular season.

I think that Douglas can do much more for the team, both in ST and on offense than Jennings can.

I've seen enough of Jennings.

Keeping 6 WRs is not out of the question, Jennings could still make the team and Brown goes to the PS if he clears waivers.

snelling is and has been since last year. Brown has not done enough to replace him on offense or Jennings on kick returns.

That's what I'm afraid of also.

I get the feeling he's only playing hard now because he knows he on the verge of getting cut.

Keeping 6 WRs is not out of the question, Jennings could still make the team and Brown goes to the PS if he clears waivers.

snelling is and has been since last year. Brown has not done enough to replace him on offense or Jennings on kick returns.

I'll just say it this way. I've seen enough of Jennings.

I hear ya ;)

If Jennings could perform consistently like he has done recently, he would make a good returner. But I too remember the same routine last season. Still who knows?

But I do know that they definitely keep Finneran. Most of us here have watched this guy his entire time here, and know that he is one of the best clutch receivers that the Falcons have ever had. He just has that incredible ability to get open and make the catch when you need it the most. Now he has shown the new coaching staff that skill with the third down conversions he made last night (was it 3?).

If Coach Smith and Coach Mularkey want this offense to make the third down and red zone plays consistently this season, then you darn sure better keep Finneran around, and get him in the game.

Still cannot waste a roster spot on Jenning, he had a good preseason last yr as well before stinking it up horribly when the games started to count. He single-handly lost the Indy game last wk with the bone-headed drop and I dont think he has want it takes to put the Falcons offense in favorable field postion...........way too many fair catches, CUT HIM AND DONT BE DECEIVED BY ONE GAME, LOOK AT THE TREND !!!!!

If you go to camps jennings is our best punt return guy.So the trend is actually the other way.

The problem with Adam is he has very little value as a receiver. White, Jenkins, Douglass, Robinson, and Finneran all are much better receivers. Unless Smith and Co. want to keep him on JUST for returning, he has no shot at making the team, especially since Finneran has had a great pre-season.

Jennings has looked bad returning kicks ever since last year. Seemed like all he did was fair catch. Then, last week he actually dropped the ball. His first return attempt Friday night was another fair catch. But when he caught the ball and looked up, it seemed like he realized he did in fact have time to run. After that, no fair catches and a lot of good return yardage. If he'll stop fair catching ALL the time, maybe he will be a good return man. Apparently the coaching staff sees something in him, cause they keep giving him opportunities to show what he can do. As I've said before - I want the best guys on the field, not just favorites. So, if Jennings can 'git er done', I'm all for him! Let's hope Friday wasn't a fluke.

great post, hopefully it wasnt a fluke. at least if we keep him i hope it wasnt. :P

White

Robinson

Douglas

Finneran

Jennings

Doesn't sound like such a bad lineup to me...

Besides, it's not like we're going to be seeing very much of our 4th or 5th receiver on offense, so they might as well be able to contribute in other areas.

It's not a horrible lineup, I agree. But at the end of the day, the team w/the most points wins. I still say Jenkins gives us a better chance to put points on the board than Jennings. IF they can get Ryan/Redman's long ball going, then field position, while still important, is hopefully less of a factor.

And I've seen both Douglas and Brown have some 1/2 decent returns. To qualify all of this, I have not been at any training camps, and have only seen what Jennings has done for us in games this year & last year.

White

Robinson

Douglas

Finneran

Jennings

Doesn't sound like such a bad lineup to me...

Besides, it's not like we're going to be seeing very much of our 4th or 5th receiver on offense, so they might as well be able to contribute in other areas.

You forgot Jenkins. There's no way he won't make the team. He's our best blocking WR, and valuable in the red zone. The #2 WR spot is between him and Robinson, as well. He's got a spot.

Also, I do fully expect to see the 5th WR on offense. That will be Finneran, and he most definately has a place in BIG packages, 3rd down situations, and Red Zone. Pair him with Jenkins, and we will create big match up problems based on their height.

Jennings bought himself an extra week last night, but I don't see him catching on here unless someone gets injured between now and cut downs.

oh so I guess a pick 6 and dropped passes had no influence in losing against Indy,huh? Just Jennings. LMAO.