How many of you are pulling down $250K/yr from a small business?

terryowens__

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was well on the way to accomplishing that before the unregulated industries went crapola due to failed Bush/McSame policy, the Phil Gramm crap has hurt small business. If lower/middle class people had money to buy my products I would be a happier capitalist. Republicans are against small business, if you aren't a multi-billion dollar corp you're screwed.

Attorneys screw insurance companies. Small businesses without insurance are huge risks.

Get your poop in one sock!

:P

i am on the receiving end of two bull**** lawsuits right now

one because I refused to pay the contractors I had working on my building money for the crap they screwed up and I had to have redone (plumbing and floor)

Nope. I am going to open up a business whose business is screwing small businesses.

I am gonna be filthy rich.

Already been done. It's called corporate America.

Terry,

To answer your question, I don't own a small business, but I did for 4 years and I wasn't at that threshhold yet. I do know plenty of people that do, however, and they make about $250-$300k year.

Thanks jidady for your response.

I'm just trying to gain a feel for how many "small business" owners would be affected by Obama's $250K threshold in his tax plan.

Feel free to add your opinions on the matter as well.

Holy Moses would qualify, but he's not around to speak for himself.

He's also voting for Obama, the self-hating masochistic rich ******* :P

What business are yall in... 250k profit a year?

I understood the question to be revenue, not profit, which is a different matter. To answer the question, we own a couple of semi-successful web sites. They're in that top percentile in terms of traffic but monetizing on the internet sans products to sale is a tricky proposition.

Because that's the threshold that Obama is using to remove tax breaks. Of course, everyone at that level is rich!!! They should be punished.

Oh, I absolutely believe that the people in the top ten percent in wealth should help out by paying more. It's a core philosophy, in fact.

I understood the question to be revenue, not profit, which is a different matter. To answer the question, we own a couple of semi-successful web sites. They're in that top percentile in terms of traffic but monetizing on the internet sans products to sale is a tricky proposition.

YES JIDADY!

Let me clarify that the threshold is $250K as PERSONAL NET INCOME, (not business revenues from sales), that you might file on your personal income taxes.

Thank you for helping me clarify. :)

Wow. I am REALLY liking some of these responses.

Everyone thanks for sharing.

I am definitely curious to know how many people Obama's Tax Plan possibly affects.

I assume Obama is targeting businesses that are enjoying the benefit of personal income tax benefits? "S" corps vs. "C" corps?

I assume Obama feels there are some businesses that save money by NOT PAYING as much into Social Security and he feels they should be paying 2-4% more?