Ryan reminds me of a young Chris Miller or Jeff George..

AUGUSTA-FAN

Considering he has done none of what you just said how does he remind you of them?

You pointed to Chris Miller not having a good regular season, well HELLO Matt Ryan has yet to play in a regular season game.

Smh @ the Jeff George comparison just turrible turrible turrible.

Matt Ryan is Matt Ryan

Chris Miller had a lot of promise and had nice preseason games, but when the actual season started, it was a much different story. Jeff George had a great arm and was VERY SMART, but it didn't translate into very many Falcon wins.

doesn;t look remotely close to either of them when they were young to me. Miller had the sweetest deep ball in the world coming out of Oregon but wasn;t quite up with his short timing passes, and Jeff George was mising a brain.

Chris Miller had a lot of promise and had nice preseason games, but when the actual season started, it was a much different story. Jeff George had a great arm and was VERY SMART, but it didn't translate into very many Falcon wins.

I wouldn't call jeff smart, he was amazing passer.

Holiday Styles, is that you? Smoking drugs under an alias? Just give it up and get lost.

doesn;t look remotely close to either of them when they were young to me. Miller had the sweetest deep ball in the world coming out of Oregon but wasn;t quite up with his short timing passes, and Jeff George was mising a brain.

Agree, Ryan looking more by the day like Joey H. before damaged. He still doesn't look like Jeff or Chris. Those guys were phyiscally gifted but lacking brain power. Ryan isn't phyiscally gifted and is smart. Ryan is more like Joey then the others.

Agree, Ryan looking more by the day like Joey H. before damaged. He still doesn't look like Jeff or Chris. Those guys were phyiscally gifted but lacking brain power. Ryan isn't phyiscally gifted and is smart. Ryan is more like Joey then the others.

Your both wrong. Ryan is alot like Matt Hasselbeck. Now if he turns out as good as him in the nfl is yet to be seen. But playing ability smarts and style he is very similar. Which isn't really a stretch he played for and was taught by the same guy who was Matt's coach.

Is he lacking physical skills? More like Joey? Joey may not even make this team. What's going on with all the goofy comparisons?

Considering he has done none of what you just said how does he remind you of them?

You pointed to Chris Miller not having a good regular season, well HELLO Matt Ryan has yet to play in a regular season game.

Smh @ the Jeff George comparison just turrible turrible turrible.

Matt Ryan is Matt Ryan

you wanna be in my fiiiiiive. :lol: i got the turrible reference. ;)

yeah but this is just a horrible comparison, i agree with you quite seriously on that point.

Chris Simms...seems like a fair comparison

Simms was given a starter's job and then lost it because he bent under pressure..and hasn't been able to reclaim his QB job and probably won't be a starter ever again!

So how do you possibly compare to an NFL failure to Ryan who has never started in a season yet?

Your both wrong. Ryan is alot like Matt Hasselbeck. Now if he turns out as good as him in the nfl is yet to be seen. But playing ability smarts and style he is very similar. Which isn't really a stretch he played for and was taught by the same guy who was Matt's coach.

Hasselbeck wasn't thrown into the fire and join one of the best lines in football at the time. Different situations for both players, I see simliarites in Joey and Matt back in the day. Joey wasn't always damaged you know.

Joey in Detroit before being damaged had potential, that's what I meant.

I actually agree with you on this. I really feel bad for Joey coming out of college the guy was a stud. He just didn't have the mind set to take the lumps and come back. Ryan as much as i hate him and the team he played for in college has one of the best football minds i've seen in a long while. I think he will take a beating and come back while still learning everyday from what eh has done wrong.

Hasselbeck wasn't thrown into the fire and join one of the best lines in football at the time. Different situations for both players, I see simliarites in Joey and Matt back in the day. Joey wasn't always damaged you know.

Yeah thats what im getting at. Joey is what can happen if your not mentally strong enough to lead a team hasselbeck is what happens if you are strong enough. Luckily matt did land on a descent team but he did also take his lumps thats for sure. He just overcame them and got better. We can only hope Ryan turns out that way which i think he will he seems like a mentally strong guy.

I find it interesting that everyone seems to want to compare him to very promising talents who never quite panned out. It's almost like admitting he has the talent of those guys but assuming he'll fall flat on his face before he's even played a regular season game.

I've been wondering the same thing. And at least do it apples to apples. Seriously, I'd hardly call Chris Simms a worthy comparison.

I've been wondering the same thing. And at least do it apples to apples. Seriously, I'd hardly call Chris Simms a worthy comparison.

I am doing it apples to apples. The others are just doing it to do it because they know the QB sucks. I gave it 2 ways it could happen. Hasselbeck is a very good comparison to him if he turns out well. But so is Joey harrington if things go bad. Joey had potential but wasn't mentally strong enough to overcome the pressure of being a starting QB in this league. It's all in Ryan's hands on how he turns out in the nfl. If he wants it bad enough he will be good as he does have the talent for it no doubt about.

I am doing it apples to apples. The others are just doing it to do it because they know the QB sucks. I gave it 2 ways it could happen. Hasselbeck is a very good comparison to him if he turns out well. But so is Joey harrington if things go bad. Joey had potential but wasn't mentally strong enough to overcome the pressure of being a starting QB in this league. It's all in Ryan's hands on how he turns out in the nfl. If he wants it bad enough he will be good as he does have the talent for it no doubt about.

Ok, I wasn't directing that at you. Still Hasslebeck is a little different in that he was a 6th rounder and got to sit behind Farve for a few years before reunitng with Holmgren in Seattle. He didn't have the early pressure of carrying a team like Ryan does now. Joey is a good comparison as far as expectations and being thrown onto the fire with a losing team. So far it looks like Ryan is mentally tougher than Joey so let's hope the comparisons can stop there.

Ok, I wasn't directing that at you. Still Hasslebeck is a little different in that he was a 6th rounder and got to sit behind Farve for a few years before reunitng with Holmgren in Seattle. He didn't have the early pressure of carrying a team like Ryan does now. Joey is a good comparison as far as expectations and being thrown onto the fire with a losing team. So far it looks like Ryan is mentally tougher than Joey so let's hope the comparisons can stop there.

Im talking about playing style and who taught them how to be a QB when i say Matt. They were both taught by the same Coach in college and if ya look closely you can see alot of the same playing style. I personally think Hasselbeck could have come in and played well from day 1 anywhere. He is a mentally tough guy and thats one of the biggest thing a QB needs to have to succeed.

Joey didn't become shell shocked till his 3rd season. He came out ok from his first two seasons. As for Joey to Ryan, Joey played in the NFL's regular season, Ryan not so much.