If we played horrible

wordtobigbird

so since we are playing this well why cant people be excited or optimsitic? because trust me if we gave up 24 points a game and ryan threw 2 INTs in two games or something like that people would go nuts. All those saying "its just the preseason, it doesnt count, we havent been tested, etc" would be saying how bad we looked not that its ok, it doesnt matter.

so since the defense has rarely given up points, the offensive line has held up very well, and the ryan has showed some great things.

im going to be dam excited about this team and its players and you can say what you want about it.

:)

it's just preseason.. teams like the colts will go 0-4 or 1-4 in the preseason and it doesn't affect them.. however for young teams that are trying to prepare and get that winning attitude I think getting some good momentum in the preseason does help. will it mean success in the regular season? no it won't, but you have got to be able to do stuff successfully in the preseason and get some confidence especially if you are a young team.

it's just preseason.. teams like the colts will go 0-4 or 1-4 in the preseason and it doesn't affect them.. however for young teams that are trying to prepare and get that winning attitude I think getting some good momentum in the preseason does help. will it mean success in the regular season? no it won't, but you have got to be able to do stuff successfully in the preseason and get some confidence especially if you are a young team.

i know. but not even the record since we did lose two games. but like with the colts, they barely play their best players because they already know. the players that are going to have to contribute for our teams are the ones out there. the colts couldnt care less how the team looks with jim sorgi.

but i understand it doesnt mean anything definition, but its definitely better than the alternative.

I am excited because we are playing all our players. We are not like the colts or pats who are not playing their starting qbs (due to injuries or whatever), so they can go 0-4 in the preseason and be fine. but we are seeing our team in the flesh. We will not be great, but we will be a heck of a lot better than with Pigtrino and the so called coaches he had (besides Jackson and Zimmer).

i know. but not even the record since we did lose two games. but like with the colts, they barely play their best players because they already know. the players that are going to have to contribute for our teams are the ones out there. the colts couldnt care less how the team looks with jim sorgi.

but i understand it doesnt mean anything definition, but its definitely better than the alternative.

i agree with glanville.. when he turned around houston he really felt he they had to get a taste of success and he put effort in winning preseason games because he felt it helped them and gave them momentum heading into the season.. remember when he took them over they were used to losing and he wanted to change that culture in houston. Each situation is different.. a team like the colts don't need to develop a winning attitude and build confidence in the preseason.. a team like the falcons with their youth need as much as they can get.. :)

and one thing i think pessimists vs optimist leads to is the "i told you so mentality". if the team loses a game people will say "i told you so, we werent that good yall shouldnt have been so excited". and that scares me :(

Not sure why anyone would do the i told you so thing. I mean we are all falcon fans (or most of us are) and want the falcons to succeed. the falcons have to prove it obviously during the regular season, but they start building that foundation now for future success and after last season this has been all good with no off the field junk..

and one thing i think pessimists vs optimist leads to is the "i told you so mentality". if the team loses a game people will say "i told you so, we werent that good yall shouldnt have been so excited". and that scares me :(

IT DON'T SCARE ME. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE THOSE WAITING

TO SAY THIS. WHILE WE'RE WINNING THEY'LL BE LIKE MICE ..........

VERY QUIET! LET A LOSS COME ..... HERE THEY COME. IF ANYTHING,

THEY BETTER BE SCARED. SCARED THAT WE'LL DO GOOD. <_<