DEFENSE

cuttermd

Everyone knows it is still pre-season, but still, it is GREAT to see the defense doing some fun stuff and mixing in some great personel combonations. Seems like these coaches are using player's skill-sets to their advantage. I am so encouraged that I am beside myself.

No TD's allowed in the last 9 quarters going back to the first game. It doesn't really matter if it's preseason or who we've played, this is still a good sign to be keeping teams out of the end zone.

Uh, it's the preseason, don't matter. Grady won't be able to hold up on the inside and our corners aren't true cover corners by any stretch.

our D is reminding me so much of how they played much of the beginning and middle of last year. if you remember they were very solid and didnt give up a bunch of points. it was the last 5 or 6 games where we had a bunch of injuries and no grady jackson and thats when we fell off. this D may carry this team this year.

No TD's allowed in the last 9 quarters going back to the first game. It doesn't really matter if it's preseason or who we've played, this is still a good sign to be keeping teams out of the end zone.

1 its pre-season ie no game planning, 2 the little green dot on the back of keith brookings head? being able to get the plays and the matchups makes it alot fairer. i like the defense, except the DEs scare me except Abraham if hes healthy and Bierman looks promising, but the linebackers safties and CBs are looking great. especially Grimes, he looked better than Houston. ;)

Uh, it's the preseason, don't matter. Grady won't be able to hold up on the inside and our corners aren't true cover corners by any stretch.

Wrong and wrong. They are real games, they just don't count for final standings. This young teams needs to find strengths and make adjustments. That is what the pre-season is for. As far as I can see, they have made many already.

Grady has a track record of holding up. Plus the coaches hav already said they will substitute freely.

I have to say Grimes has outplayed the former left corner in coverage skills AND he can tackle!

Didn't they do a little bit of game planning this week? I thought I read Smith say something about that in one of the pressers.

Normally, you don't want to "tip your hand" in the Pre-Season. I am sure that Planning for a vanilla defense is much different than planning for exotic blitz packages, stunts, and shifting coverage tatics.