Should Bobby Cox step down after this season !

1 World Series win in a spand of time from 1991-2005, with teams that could have won 5-6 rings makes it **** acceptable to see Bobby either retire or pull a John S and step up in a meanliness office Positon, and allow a new Head Coach to rebuild the braves and they need a lot of rebuilding................

I'm not taking you seriously on this subject any longer as you clearly have no clue.

The only PS loss you can truly hold against Bobby is the 98 NLCS against SD. Every other one of them was luck. Does Bobby run the bases for Lonie Smith in 91? Does he hang the slider to Leyritz in 96?

Oh yeah, and the guy is the 4th winningnest manager overall and winningnest manager in PS history.

Like I said, he'll walk away when he's good and ready to walk away.

That's nice. It's also nice to know that you have no retort to my reasoning. So I ask again, why go through a rebuilding stage with a manager that is at the most two years away from retirement? Makes no sense.

And if you think Bobby still has these guys playing hard, you're seriously mistaking. These guys quit playing a long time ago.

That's nice. It's also nice to know that you have no retort to my reasoning. So I ask again, why go through a rebuilding stage with a manager that is at the most two years away from retirement? Makes no sense.

And if you think Bobby still has these guys playing hard, you're seriously mistaking. These guys quit playing a long time ago.

I understand your resaoning, but Bobby has earned that right. Whether you or anyone else likes it or not.

I actually think E.Perez should be the next manager, but only after Bobby is ready to go.

Cox should not step down. The team isn't doing very well, but it's no time to panic. If Cox steps down, he'd be a quitter, having walked away when the circumstances were too tough for him to climb out of. I'm sure he'd rather be fired than to quit when times are going bad, and that's probably what it'll take for Cox to no longer be part of this club.

As it is, I think we should just regroup, come back next year and try it again. The Braves aren't totally broken yet. Let's go out and get some veteran players in here that can win games for us. We're young enough as it is, so no need to rebuild.

This club just needs a few more pieces to get back into the playoffs. No doom and gloom is on the horizon, so there's no need in blowing the team up and no need to get rid of Cox. I'm certain that given a healthy roster and a few more pitchers, Cox can be the man that turns it around.

The players seem to love Bobby Cox because he is a players manager, he gives them the run of the lockerroom and does not motivate them to be better, that is evidence to why the braves have underperformed in so many playoff series under him and are now underperfroming in the reg season........

:huh:

You is crazy !

The players left suck.Cox isn't the reason Francoeaur stinks and KJ aint done anything since April.

Cox didn't cause the injuries to the pitching staff.

And anyways who would replace him.

And anyways who would replace him.

There are probably 25+ people in MLB right now that you've never heard of that are qualified to be a MLB manager. Whether you like Bobby Cox or not, the fact of the matter is that this team doesn't appear to be anything close to a World Series-calibur team. And because of that and the age of Bobby Cox, the Braves need to go out and find themselves a new, younger manager that can lead these guys to a championship somewhere down the line.

The team will be rebuilt over the winter and we will see what happens.

And this is exactly the problem. The Braves' front office hurt itself when they tried to make this season "the last chance." Now with the injuries to our aging pitchers (who were supposed to be our "studs"), we've essentially put ourselves out of the playoff picture for atleast another year. Most of our good talent is in the low minors.