Really happy that we have chris redman as a backup..

SacFalcFan

I know everyone wants to talk about matt ryan, but a guy who IMO looks very comfortable in this offense and just handles things very well is chris redman. No he isn't the falcon's long term answer because matt ryan is (i think he looks very good as well), but it is very nice to have him as an option. In the nfl you need to have a backup qb who you feel can step in and produce if you lose your starter. So often guys like redman aren't appreciated. JMO

Yes I agree. I said this a few times today already but I think overall we have solid depth on key position. I know this has been thrown around but in the defense system we are running, the LB are really important and we have great depth there as well.

Matt really sold me today, especially against a Titan defense. Plus today was the first time that we saw our starting o-line play. Decent pass protection and we dictated the LOS. We controlled the line to make plays. I hope we play like this all season.

totally agree Sac, Redman really looks like he;s going to be able to step right in and move this offense if Ryan goes down for any length of time.

In fact, I think we are a much deeper team than we've been in a long, long time. QB, the OL, RB, DB, WR, even our freaking Punter looks All Pro.

We haven;t arrived yet, but this young team is going to grow up together, and as they do that they will get better.

I know everyone wants to talk about matt ryan, but a guy who IMO looks very comfortable in this offense and just handles things very well is chris redman. No he isn't the falcon's long term answer because matt ryan is (i think he looks very good as well), but it is very nice to have him as an option. In the nfl you need to have a backup qb who you feel can step in and produce if you lose your starter. So often guys like redman aren't appreciated. JMO

Redman is the better QB. He also gives a the best chance of winning.

totally agree Sac, Redman really looks like he;s going to be able to step right in and move this offense if Ryan goes down for any length of time.

In fact, I think we are a much deeper team than we've been in a long, long time. QB, the OL, RB, DB, WR, even our freaking Punter looks All Pro.

We haven;t arrived yet, but this young team is going to grow up together, and as they do that they will get better.

i agree with our depth. one example are the wrs. I mean what was a weakness a few years ago IMO is now a strength.. harry douglas, roddy white, michael jenkins, brian finneran. I mean we have some very talented guys and they will help ryan out a lot until he gets more comfortable back there. One thing I also noticed was just how nasty our oline was. I mean i saw a bunch of extra stuff going on after the plays where the guys where finishing blocks and i mean finishing their blocks with putting the guy on his butt into the ground. I love olinemen who finish blocks like that..

I think Redman is good. He doesn't have the strongest arm, but has fantastic timing and usually good accuracy. His pick last game was b/c of Zinger, as Shockleys was. Redman also is very good about looking downfield.