Matt Ryan...Wow!

Jedi-Falcon

Roddy was double-teamed all night, and what does this Rookie do? He makes the right reads to find his open WRs. Not forcing anything to the #1 WR - he gets the ball to the right guys at the right time. And he makes it look so easy doing it.

The Titans Defense is not a trivial Defense either. This is game 3 - as close to regular season as you get in pre-season.

Ryan has something, whatever it is, that is going to bring this franchise a true star QB for years and years to come. I am very happy with what I saw of him tonight. And Sam Baker did an excellent job once again.

Applause also goes out to Michael Jenkins. One of his best games.

And you wanted him to have a bad game! For shame on you.

Well sort of but I'll take this any day of the week. This kid does not play like a rookie at all. He looks like a vet out there. I think we got the steal of last season's draft, all picks considered. This team is going to be really good, a lot sooner than everyone thinks.

As much as I hate Jennings and his lack of consistency, he showed out tonight as well on PR..

Can he do it every game?? If he can would def make the team doing that, but I just dont see it still.

I'm not even close to sold on him, 1 game does not make up for like 100 fair catches and muffed punts.

to be honest, i think he still played like a rookie. i mean i just didn't see the vertical threat.

For everyone wanting to see Ryan "throw deep" tonight, please understand that offenses DO NOT scheme long drops for QB's when playing against aggressive blitzing defenses like the Titans. The gameplan was for Ryan/Redman to take 3 and 5 step drops and hit 6-16 yard passes. It seems to have worked pretty well. Believe it or not, the Falcons coaches actually know a thing or two about football.

Go Falcons!

to be honest, i think he still played like a rookie. i mean i just didn't see the vertical threat.

He plays within his limits, and he is learning what those limits are. He isn't going to go deep every down, he is making the necessary throws to get the ball to the goal line without risk of mistake. Not many rookies I have ever seen do that.

The vertical threat will come. Mike Mularkey has more cards up his sleeve than you or I know. It's only the 3rd game of Ryan's NFL career for christ's sake. Give it time.

Roddy was double-teamed all night, and what does this Rookie do? He makes the right reads to find his open WRs. Not forcing anything to the #1 WR - he gets the ball to the right guys at the right time. And he makes it look so easy doing it.

The Titans Defense is not a trivial Defense either. This is game 3 - as close to regular season as you get in pre-season.

Ryan has something, whatever it is, that is going to bring this franchise a true star QB for years and years to come. I am very happy with what I saw of him tonight. And Sam Baker did an excellent job once again.

Applause also goes out to Michael Jenkins. One of his best games.

Great calls, Jedi. I'm especially impressed with Jenkins. He's caught a lot of flack here, and deservedly so; but tonight, he really showed up like he wants to be a 'go-to-guy.' He was attacking the ball and securing it to avoid drops. He looked like a starter tonight.

Matt made things look easy tonight. I saw three bad throws in the endzone, but he took his shots there, and otherwise found open receivers to keep the chains moving.

Baker and Blalock looked great tonight, giving Matt time to progress thru his reads. We have anchors on the left side.

As much as I hate Jennings and his lack of consistency, he showed out tonight as well on PR..

Can he do it every game?? If he can would def make the team doing that, but I just dont see it still.

honestly i feel like jennings might have gotten a bad rap because of our horrible punt coverage teams the last couple years. this year it seems to be much better or at least more reasonably consistent. and as a result hes been doing better. hopefully he can keep it up, but im not convinced that was all him yet. some of it was (he loves to fair catch) but not all of it.

I hate these type of posts... To answer that silliness, Redman and Joey last season.

No no no no no, there is a difference in what Ryan did tonight and what Redman and Joey normally does. Redman and Joey do distribute the ball around just like Ryan except they distribute the ball 2 yards down field, whereas Ryan throws around 7-15.

Oh and Ryan doesn't throw it at their feet, or behind much. he overthrew his receivers in the endzone by very little. All three passes were just out of reach. When I think of an overthrow the ball is yards to high or way out of bounds. His passes just barely missed their mark. Pretty good for 1st start i'd say.

I was at the game and there was a Titan fan sitting infront of me. There was a play where Ryan scanned all over the field. Then real real quick like he dumped it off to a running back for a good gain. I said " Dang, he processes information fast like they said he does" then the Titan fan says " Dang, you're right he does process information fast"

No no no no no, there is a difference in what Ryan did tonight and what Redman and Joey normally does. Redman and Joey do distribute the ball around just like Ryan except they distribute the ball 2 yards down field, whereas Ryan throws around 7-15.

No, he did the same thing, only difference was the back of his jersey and the name on it.