YO YO YO! That O-Line is NASTY!

Russdogg

I know i read earlier that that were to be their intentions, were to be nasty.. i just noticed tonite i havent really been mad at the line, which was usually NOT the case, so thats a nice thing, they play and push, to whistle blows, most of the time ;) . Tenneesse was literally on (im in NW Ga and saw the game live, were literally crying and complaining because besides jevons sack on the rollout, was the only ONE. if im not mistaken... Ryan Owned, Makd NICE decesions, reads, and jenkins might be back to his ohio days, no drops :huh: ... And That Houston penalty was shakey... what about that late hit on ryan that was NEVER called. Im excited about my birds yo.

I know i read earlier that that were to be their intentions, were to be nasty.. i just noticed tonite i havent really been mad at the line, which was usually the case, so thats a nice thing, they play and push, to whistle blows, most of the time ;) . Tenneesse was literally on (im in NW Ga and saw the game live, were literally crying and complaining because besides jevons sack on the rollout, was the only ONE. if im not mistaken... Ryan Owned, Make NICE decesions, reads, and jenkins might be back to his ohio days, no drops :huh: ... And That Houston penalty was shakey... what about that late hit on ryan that was NEVER called. Im excited about my birds yo.

Tell you what. I've been hyper-critical of our OL, but if they play with the fire and intensity they did tonight all season, I'll be pretty happy with their play. Yes they need to cut back on some of the stupid penalties, but I still like it.

I think we might have one of the better O-Lines that no-one knows about in the NFL. It's very simple - you do not need star players on the O-Line. All you need is a group of hard-working, blue-collar guys that can be coached up. And that is exactly what we have.

Wait until the season plays out...people will start talking about this line. No-one will know their names, but they will know the unit as a whole.

I think we might have one of the better O-Lines that no-one knows about in the NFL. It's very simple - you do not need star players on the O-Line. All you need is a group of hard-working, blue-collar guys that can be coached up. And that is exactly what we have.

Wait until the season plays out...people will start talking about this line. No-one will know their names, but they will know the unit as a whole.

You are so right. A well-kept secret - for now.

I'm not "sold," yet. The line has been very good at protecting Ryan for a few seconds. But we have yet to see this line perform when we're down by 3 and have to go 80 yards in 3 minutes.

That said, Redman and Ryan will make this line better. They are both good at recognizing the blitz and throwing to it. They're both good at spreading the ball around. Redman might have a better deep ball, but we really haven't seen any deep balls from Ryan thus far.

Two months ago, I was completely against the prospect of throwing Ryan in behind this line. Now... I still don't want Ryan to be the opening day starter. I'd prefer to see this line in a 'real game,' with Redman behind center. If the line holds up, hand the ball over to Ryan for game 2. If the line doesn't hold up, let Redman deal with it. Of course, if Redman throws for 400 yards and 5 TD's.... Different ballgame. That's the kind of problem I'd love to have this year.

Tell you what. I've been hyper-critical of our OL, but if they play with the fire and intensity they did tonight all season, I'll be pretty happy with their play. Yes they need to cut back on some of the stupid penalties, but I still like it.

I can vouch for Robb4242, ever since the beginning of last season he has been hyper-critical of the OL and recognized how bad it was. He finally came around right after..well, YouKnowWhat, lets just say at the beginning of last season.

In any event, MAN is it great to have a real LT, a LG that is not named Lehr, and a RG that is nasty. Those three positions respectively have been the problems and now our QBs actually have time to throw the ball. I've wanted a real LT for years not named Shaffer-Gandy.