Ryan,Redman,Shockley

DJ may end up on the PS, but he won't be there all season.... not when guys like Grossman and Orton are competing for starting QB jobs.

That may be...but remember, you can't sign a player from one PS to another. If a team signed DJ off the PS, he would have to go on the active roster of that team.

That may be...but remember, you can't sign a player from one PS to another. If a team signed DJ off the PS, he would have to go on the active roster of that team.

I know, but like I said, when a team has guys like Grossman and Orton battling for a starting job, DJ will still get a shot for at least a backup position.

During the Falcons broadcast, they said that DJ is likely going to the PS and Harrington is staying unless the Falcons get a trade offer for him.

Your in to this 3rd string QB stuff as much as I am OrgnFn. At this point, whats the point Ryan is going to be the one playing. I hope they keep Harrington and put DJ on the practice squad becuase it just opens up more options for that player if teams want to find a young prospect that needs another year after being out for a year or whatever, they can work on. It is like being a free agent but still having a job.

I know, but like I said, when a team has guys like Grossman and Orton battling for a starting job, DJ will still get a shot for at least a backup position.

agreed i think shock would be a better qb than both of them, and if he has a good final game, then someone will pick him up.

agreed i think shock would be a better qb than both of them, and if he has a good final game, then someone will pick him up.

Also, look at the 49ers. They named JT O'Sullivan as their starter today. This guy is currently signed to a 1-year deal for the minimum $645,000, while the backup, Alex Smith is getting 24 million in guaranteed money!! :lol:

Also, look at the 49ers. They named JT O'Sullivan as their starter today. This guy is currently signed to a 1-year deal for the minimum $645,000, while the backup, Alex Smith is getting 24 million in guaranteed money!! :lol:

As much as I wanted Shockley, now Im afraid they are going to keep him and cut Joey. I can't believe Im pulling for Joey to make this team now, but Im afraid AB and TD are going to try a public relations ploy by keeping Shock over Joey. No point in DJ wasting his time here anymore.

They seem to think that Joey will be let go only because it seems logical from a salary standpoint,shockley would be our 3rd stringer only cause he makes less money than Joey not cause of skill

ummm, did you listen to the radio broadcast? They outright said DJ was most likely the odd man out unless they get an offer they can't refuse for Harrington.

Although, from reading the NFL CBA on practice squad, I don't see how we can put him on the PS, but I guess they are right about that.