Matt Ryan's game - please advise

throck98

do not have tv coverage or radio for that matter -- been watching play by play on nfl.com --- really boring!

Doesn't appear that he threw the ball middle or deep tonight...?? Mostly dink and dunk according to stats / plays... Does that concern anyone or did he throw deep some and I just did not see it? My concern is still his arm strength and fluttering of the ball -- see last game... Appears his accuracy was good tonight but again, i have no tv coverage...Can anyone advise?

No seriously it was conservative playcalling by the coaches to build Matts confidence and get him up to speed.

thanks for advising....I can understand that point... Lets hope next game shows a little more depth...Sure Roddy will like to see it too

seriously, looking for a level headed, true answer... PS -- Been on these boards for 6 years... Not sure why it shows my with 0 posts again and a rookie...But thanks for the hazing with that dumazz first response

Honestly the entire draft class is looking really good on the field. Ryan did a lot of dink & dunking, but looked good at it. As for the rerst of the team: Grimes is literally everywhere. Pass rush is MUCH better with JA on the field. I think Brown will beat out Snelling b/c of what he's doing on ST. O-line will be above avg. (mean). Oh and Finn is a MAN.

do not have tv coverage or radio for that matter -- been watching play by play on nfl.com --- really boring!

Doesn't appear that he threw the ball middle or deep tonight...?? Mostly dink and dunk according to stats / plays... Does that concern anyone or did he throw deep some and I just did not see it? My concern is still his arm strength and fluttering of the ball -- see last game... Appears his accuracy was good tonight but again, i have no tv coverage...Can anyone advise?

that is what Mike Mularkeys system is. it is a ball control offense, pound the ball over and over, throw short passes. make manageable 3rd down situations and control the clock. which is exactly what we did. we had a 14 yard drive for 91 yards that ate up like 7+ minutes. that is what Mularkey does.

I was having the same concerns listening to the game. I am looking forward to getting my DVD copy so I can look at it. If he's doing a lot of check downs instead of taking the shots deep that could be there, then it's cause for concern. That's a trap a lot of rookies tend to fall into trying not to make a mistake, but they end up not moving the ball down the field enough. He did take one shot deep to Roddy, but that's the only one he took all game. I hope it was play calling to keep things short & simple to build up his confidence.

One the other hand, I was impressed with Redman. He looked very impressive against backups and moved the ball extremely well, which is something a starting QB in this league should be doing, even though he is playing with backups himself. I am ready to admit I was wrong about Redman since I had felt he being overhyped because he was the QB who played after Pigtrina left & that bought him a lot of leeway. I think he showed tonight that he's actually a solid QB and will be the bridge to Ryan's tenure.

that is what Mike Mularkeys system is. it is a ball control offense, pound the ball over and over, throw short passes. make manageable 3rd down situations and control the clock. which is exactly what we did. we had a 14 yard drive for 91 yards that ate up like 7+ minutes. that is what Mularkey does.

Thats the league,ball control on the ground or in the air.

For everyone wanting to see Ryan "throw deep" tonight, please understand that offenses DO NOT scheme long drops for QB's when playing against aggressive blitzing defenses like the Titans. The gameplan was for Ryan/Redman to take 3 and 5 step drops and hit 6-16 yard passes. It seems to have worked pretty well. Believe it or not, the Falcons coaches actually know a thing or two about football.

Go Falcons!

redman didn't look too hot in the first 2 preseason games, and then he does good against the 3rd string and you say hes better. I dont know about that.

don't be naive...redman was actually pretty good in the second game as well. heck, he was the best quarterback of the second and third game. redman doesn't dink and dunk all game.

Exactly, as I said above, for everyone wanting to see Ryan "throw deep" tonight, please understand that offenses DO NOT scheme long drops for QB's when playing against aggressive blitzing defenses like the Titans. The gameplan was for Ryan/Redman to take 3 and 5 step drops and hit 6-16 yard passes.

Go Falcons!

You still have to keep defenses honest and stretch the field otherwise the defense's will stop the dink dunk very quickly. Besides no one is even concerned that we only had three points at halftime. i also understand that its about building confidence in the rookie.