Merriman has torn PCL

oregonsfan

Torn PCL's end careers.

you can actually get surgery and be out 6 to 8 weeks (i know of guys who have come back after 5 weeks) and be back healthy. I know quintan banks of uga had that injury and will be back by game 5 of this season. I hope merriman does what is best for himself long term.

you can actually get surgery and be out 6 to 8 weeks (i know of guys who have come back after 5 weeks) and be back healthy. I know quintan banks of uga had that injury and will be back by game 5 of this season. I hope merriman does what is best for himself long term.

From what I'm reading, the concern about Merriman and his current knee injury is, for lack of a better way to explain, it's "the last straw." Apparently Dr. Andrews has told him this may be the end of the line...his knee, even with surgery to repair it, just can't hold up in the NFL.

From what I'm reading, the concern about Merriman and his current knee injury is, for lack of a better way to explain, it's "the last straw." Apparently Dr. Andrews has told him this may be the end of the line...his knee, even with surgery to repair it, just can't hold up in the NFL.

well then it really goes a bit further than just a torn pcl if that is the case. sounds like he has had multiple issues already with that same knee.. my comment was based on just a pcl tear. It really isn't as bad as people think and i have seen guys come back after just 5 weeks, but in shawn's case he may need the year to truly recover from previous knee injuries as well as this pcl tear. I hope he doesn't push it because we know if he can't play the same way as before san diego drops him right away..

well then it really goes a bit further than just a torn pcl if that is the case. sounds like he has had multiple issues already with that same knee.. my comment was based on just a pcl tear. It really isn't as bad as people think and i have seen guys come back after just 5 weeks, but in shawn's case he may need the year to truly recover from previous knee injuries as well as this pcl tear. I hope he doesn't push it because we know if he can't play the same way as before san diego drops him right away..

I agree. It sounds like he hadn't fully recovered from previous injuries/surgery when the PCL gave out. Now Turner is saying he may start the regular season at the same time Andrews is telling him it may be over. Even if it isn't a career-ender, it sure doesn't sound like he's going to be on the field come opening day.

I agree. It sounds like he hadn't fully recovered from previous injuries/surgery when the PCL gave out. Now Turner is saying he may start the regular season at the same time Andrews is telling him it may be over. Even if it isn't a career-ender, it sure doesn't sound like he's going to be on the field come opening day.

looks like he tore the pcl and lcl.

Looks like he decided to play this year... I have a bad feelings about this. :unsure:

I agree. It is being reported that every doctor he saw (four or five, I believe) told him he should have surgery now. I know there is a question about the injuries/surgery being career-ending...but playing now pretty much assures this year is the last.

I agree. It is being reported that every doctor he saw (four or five, I believe) told him he should have surgery now. I know there is a question about the injuries/surgery being career-ending...but playing now pretty much assures this year is the last.

He played a few games last year with the injury including the pro bowl i believe and basically he thinks he can play with it injured which is ridiculous.. he is very very young and his next paycheck will be his biggest and he is putting that at risk.. every doctor told him to get reconstructive surgery..