Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL FALCONS-TITANS IN-GAME THREAD

1,437 posts in this topic

It was so sad that all of those third and fourth string wide receivers made Redman look so bad, wasn't it?

haha definitely. where are the shockley huggers who say those receivers held back shockley??? they didn't hurt redman.

not the prettiest game ever, but it is better to win ugly, than not at all. lots of things to work on but saw some good things. like how the D settled down after the first two drives. the running game looks decent. ryan made some good throws and looked solid. need to work on the unnecessary penalties.

titans did not cross the 50 after the first quarter. only scored a fg on their first possession. THAT IS A GREAT SIGN. :)

Can anyone give me the heads up on the good and bad of our team in this game?

Hows Grimey, Ryan, Anderson, Houston, Baker, and Loftin?

Grimes did great

Ryan was efficent

Anderson was silent

Houston was average I guess all I really heard about was a penalty

Baker Awesome

Lofton all over the field

Props to the whole defense

On my local station, this JERK was talking to a Titans player and told him when the fireworks went off in the Dome in an interview with a Titans player, he said : "I guess that's what happens here in Atlanta which doesn't happen often when they win". This Pizzes me off. This channel used to be Pro-Falcon when michael vick was in the spotlight and now I had to listen to this game with biased TN Titan commentators on this station or FOX that is, that used to be pro-Falcon. All I can say and I'm sure I'll hear flack, but here's what I think needs to happen. Put Thomas Brown and Michael Turner in the backfield as RB's, Jerious Norwood as the punt returner. Also next, make Chris Redman the starting QB. This does several things IMO, for one it keeps the defense on it's toes because they will have to respect a duel power RB game, and the defenses seem to already respect Redman as a QB. I've seen Redman throw long passes where Ryan and Joey just don't seem to do that. What about Shockley you might ask? If we can get our RB game working right then Shockley might be 'DA future. I mean you would have 3 runners back there int he backflield. Who knows though only time will tell. One thing about it is Shockley still hasn't had a REAL chance with the right circumstances as far as the TEAM goes. JMO. With Ryan and JOEY it seems to be a 10-15 yard game. If the defense doesn't respect the players in there then they will either get burnt for one game, or they will burn the offense. I still think 3 points given up by the Falcons defense is 3 points too many.

These are JMO.......... Thomas Brown is the real deal, and I know Norwood is and I know Turner the Burner is also! It's time to make the opposing defense honest and start playing some POWER RB football. Use Norwood on returns and as a WR or TE from time to time. JMO again..........

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freeze1st I don't get your logic. How does having Thomas Brown do anything for us over Norwood? Teams have to respect the power running game of Turner, and Norwood is a guy who can take it to the house on any given play if you just give him a tiny seam to go through. Brown can be the back-up to Turner/Norwood and replace one of them in a game, but Norwood needs to be given the ball as much as possible when it's not in Turner's hands.

Ummm...I'll have to get back to you on that one. Probably tomorrow. :lol:

Take care! :D Remember if you go into a public restroom don't eat the big blue mint! :lol:

Freeze1st I don't get your logic. How does having Thomas Brown do anything for us over Norwood? Teams have to respect the power running game of Turner, and Norwood is a guy who can take it to the house on any given play if you just give him a tiny seam to go through. Brown can be the back-up to Turner/Norwood and replace one of them in a game, but Norwood needs to be given the ball as much as possible when it's not in Turner's hands.

It just ain't balanced, I mean as soon as the opposing defense see's a weaker RB given the ball then they can have someone key on them. With two power RB's then they can keep the defense thinking about someone running over them or punching them in the mouth so to speak. Norwood's not a hitter as a runner, he's more of a speedy lightweight kinda RB, he needs to be used in other ways instead of a RB. He need's the ball thrown to him and then have him run, instead of having the ball handed to him. He could use that speed to get open in the field and then have the ball passed to him in the open field and then use his speed to make some serious yardage on plays. JMO....... I mean it's apparent that when Turner and Norwood are back there as soon as the defense see's the ball handed to one or the other they know just what to do after watching this game. JMO..... With two power RB's like TB and MT then that would put the defense on their toes where in that situation JMO you could put norwood in the game also as a WR and pass the ball to him on the open field while he was running which everyone knows he's best at doing that. Also use Norwood as a punt returner........

Ok I'm gonna get flamed for these remarks, that's just my observations from watching this game and my opinions. Hope this doesn't tick anyone off. That's just what I think would be best for this team. Yeah Norwood is a special talent, but he needs to be used the right way. JMO......

Freeze1st

norwood is a better back than tb sorry freeze.

i watched the titans feed here in huntsville also....no biggie. what do you expect a home feed to sound like? of course they're gonna diss the other team on a score. big deal.

It just ain't balanced, I mean as soon as the opposing defense see's a weaker RB given the ball then they can have someone key on them. With two power RB's then they can keep the defense thinking about someone running over them or punching them in the mouth so to speak. Norwood's not a hitter as a runner, he's more of a speedy lightweight kinda RB, he needs to be used in other ways instead of a RB. He need's the ball thrown to him and then have him run, instead of having the ball handed to him. He could use that speed to get open in the field and then have the ball passed to him in the open field and then use his speed to make some serious yardage on plays. JMO....... I mean it's apparent that when Turner and Norwood are back there as soon as the defense see's the ball handed to one or the other they know just what to do after watching this game. JMO..... With two power RB's like TB and MT then that would put the defense on their toes where in that situation JMO you could put norwood in the game also as a WR and pass the ball to him on the open field while he was running which everyone knows he's best at doing that. Also use Norwood as a punt returner........

Ok I'm gonna get flamed for these remarks, that's just my observations from watching this game and my opinions. Hope this doesn't tick anyone off. That's just what I think would be best for this team. Yeah Norwood is a special talent, but he needs to be used the right way. JMO......

Freeze1st

I agree