What RB would you compare Michael Turner with?

My sister the other day said that Michael Turner reminds her alot of a certain someone, which I won't say who. I know there is only one Michael Turner and one "insert other RB names here". No one is equal to anyone else, I understand that. But with his current style of running, who would you most compare him to? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I think Turner is going to be great for us, especially with "Chicken Legs" backing him up. We have a great duo. Back to the point. I am just curious to see who Turner reminds my fellow Falcon fans of. I'm not quite sure who he reminds me of. I know he has great potential and hasn't had a lot of wear and tear on his body. Which means he has a lot of good years to come and some pent up frustration of being a backup. I'm sure he is ready to show the Falcons and the world what he can really do. I can't wait until regular season to see how our running game will really stack up.

My sister the other day said that Michael Turner reminds her alot of a certain someone, which I won't say who. I know there is only one Michael Turner and one "insert other RB names here". No one is equal to anyone else, I understand that. But with his current style of running, who would you most compare him to? Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I think Turner is going to be great for us, especially with "Chicken Legs" backing him up. We have a great duo. Back to the point. I am just curious to see who Turner reminds my fellow Falcon fans of. I'm not quite sure who he reminds me of. I know he has great potential and hasn't had a lot of wear and tear on his body. Which means he has a lot of good years to come and some pent up frustration of being a backup. I'm sure he is ready to show the Falcons and the world what he can really do. I can't wait until regular season to see how our running game will really stack up.

He's fast and powerful....It's too early to say right now, but do you remember the NY Giants when they had Anderson and Meggett....well he reminds me of a faster version of Anderson. B)

Maybe you are trying to say he reminds you of TJ Duckett?

I personally think he sounds like a William Andrews type of runner, but in comparison to a player I have seen before, MJD from Jacksonville.

Duckett is who I thought it was going to be, and I can see the comparison somewhat, although Turner will hit a hole harder than TJ ever thought about. That said, once through the line, I do see similarities.

Duckett is who I thought it was going to be, and I can see the comparison somewhat, although Turner will hit a hole harder than TJ ever thought about. That said, once through the line, I do see similarities.

Duckett never hit the hole like Turner, never could avoid hits like Turner, never had the burst like Turner, never layed the wood like Turner, never had the top end speed like Turner, and never had the production of Turner.

Sure, their both big RBs, but that's where the comparison ends.

yeah i agre with a younger travis henry very accurate he gets low, can outrun any lb or safety and has the power to run through corners and arm tackles but the thing that pops out to me in watching him is he has excellent feet for a guy his size like a smaller faster jerome bettis and almost equally inmortant is he has great patience for his blockers before hititing the hole like shaun alexander displayed in his record setting mvp season

Rodney Hampton (Pro version). Played at about 200-210 in college, and was a JET. Got up to about 235 with the Giants, but after the explosive burst through the line, could still bust outside with the speed to go the distance. Turner's style - what I've seen so far - reminds me a lot of the pro Hampton.

That said, I'm just excited to see MT "The Burner" establish his own style, if that puts points on the board and helps win ballgames. Great pickup, Dimitroff & Co.

Duckett never hit the hole like Turner, never could avoid hits like Turner, never had the burst like Turner, never layed the wood like Turner, never had the top end speed like Turner, and never had the production of Turner.

Sure, their both big RBs, but that's where the comparison ends.

ehh TJ when he wanted too COULD lay the wood..........just ask john lynch... his problem was motivation not physical skill

In 2005 Turner's longest run was 83 yards.

In 2006 Turner's longest run was 73 yards.

In 2007 Turner's longest run was 74 yards.

This tells me and should show people he can still run for the long one and is a little bit more than just a quick burst. If he can get out in the open without a defender having a good angle on him, he can still be gone. I know some people were saying he can't do that, but they will learn with time he can do that.

He somewhat reminds me of William Andrews, in that when you see him coming all you see are knees and runs low. However Andrews was nowhere near as fast as Turner. But I would love to see him drag 6 guys down the field like I once saw Andrews do.

**** I hope so.

In 2005 Turner's longest run was 83 yards.

In 2006 Turner's longest run was 73 yards.

In 2007 Turner's longest run was 74 yards.

This tells me and should show people he can still run for the long one and is a little bit more than just a quick burst. If he can get out in the open without a defender having a good angle on him, he can still be gone. I know some people were saying he can't do that, but they will learn with time he can do that.

Turner can break the big run.

That's not really the concern with him. The concern is does he have enough vision, wiggle, and body lean to consistently get 4 yards. We pulled him in to be more Craig Heyward than Brian Westbrook. I haven't see much, if any wiggle from him, but if he'll find the hole, lean forward, and get into it, I think he'll serve his purpose.