How would you guys have liked this scenerio?

flexbone

Ok, first of all we could have signed Daunte Culpepper to fill the void at QB. Remember all we had was Harrington, Redman, and Shockley, so Culpepper couldn't do any worse. Then used our 1st round pick on Mcfadden or Dorsey instead of Ryan. We could have traded back in the 1st to pick up Baker or one of the other QB's (Flacco, Brohm, Brennan, ect....). Then continue drafting to fill other teams needs. I'm just curious to see what you guys would have thought of this scenerio?

Ok, first of all we could have signed Daunte Culpepper to fill the void at QB. Remember all we had was Harrington, Redman, and Shockley, so Culpepper couldn't do any worse. Then used our 1st round pick on Mcfadden or Dorsey instead of Ryan. We could have traded back in the 1st to pick up Baker or one of the other QB's (Flacco, Brohm, Brennan, ect....). Then continue drafting to fill other teams needs. I'm just curious to see what you guys would have thought of this scenerio?

If you think Culpepper, McFadden and Flacco would be better than Turner, Ryan and Baker your nuts.

Culpepper is garbage. period. end. close the book.

Redman is better than Culpepper, and recieved more attention than Culpepper for a reason in UFA period. Heck he drew more interest in the one week he was unsigned than Culpepper has to date.

It is early, but I have a good gut feeling that Ryan is going to be the next big star. I mean top tier QB. Flacco, Brohm are both struglling, and Brennan has a long way to go. None can even be compared to Ryan IMO.

Hate to sound harsh, but it blows my mind that people still question the pick. I mean the guy looks amazing already....at the most important and hardest to adapt position in the NFL. Not to mention wanting to trade him for a different RB when Turner is averaging 15 ypc this preseason!

We have our 'big 3' on offense in place, with some talent to spare (other WRs, Norwood). The future is REAL bright for this offense. I can honestly see this offense being top 5 in a year or 2 if the OL gels.

Flacco has bust written all over him.

Brohm is doing absolutely horrible in the preseason.

Brennan showed he was overrated.

I wanted Dorsey so much more than Ryan, but now looking at it, Ryan really has a heart and desire I don't think any QB from this draft will display. And Culpepper hasn't been signed for a reason.

I'm not sure who told you Culpepper couldn't possibly be any worse...he can, and he is. On top of that, he wants to be signed as a starter, and paid accordingly. Then, of course, you have to take into account the problems he always seems to have with management. The good news is, the reporters love him - or at least love getting his bizzare e-mails everytime he is unhappy about something.

Flacco has bust written all over him.

Brohm is doing absolutely horrible in the preseason.

Brennan showed he was overrated.

I wanted Dorsey so much more than Ryan, but now looking at it, Ryan really has a heart and desire I don't think any QB from this draft will display. And Culpepper hasn't been signed for a reason.

I agree about Flacco.

Brohm is struggling this preseason.

Brennan 'showed' he was overrated against my team, but the NFL is a new day...and is having one of the best preseasons of any QB in the NFL right now. He has a 146 passer rating...is 17/23 for 239 yards, 3 TD's, and 0 INT's.

Why would we take on another garbage QB in Culpepper? You know why he was good in Minnesota? The same reason Tom Brady put up monster numbers last year, RANDY MOSS. Moss makes any QB that can throw it down the field better instantly. Why? Because he's the best deep threat in the game, and has the best jump ball ability in the game. So of course Culpepper's numbers are going to be inflated. What did he do without him? Nothing. Last time I checked, we don't have a Randy Moss on our roster.

What is the one position on the field that you need a stud at? QB. As your QB goes, so does your team. We lacked that in our QB's. I like the pick personally.

I wanted Dorsey at first, then I got to looking at it, and I didn't like the pick the more I thought about it. I wanted Sed Ellis too, but again the more I look the more I liked the Ryan pick.