Grady Jackson as pass defender

jes2400

We all watched in amasement as Grady Jackson dropped back into coverage last week.I personally think he did a good job,but is was fun watching him run.Do you think that would be an effective play?I think it could be if used at the right time.He could disrupt those short timing routes if he catches them off guard.I mean nobody in the stadium exept the Falcons expected Jackson to drop back into coverage.I can hear the play by play now if he got an INT:"The QB throws the ball and Wait!Grady Jackson drops back and Intercepts the ball!He sprints down the sideline!Okay,mabye sprint isn't the right word.He races,no that's not it either.He lumbers down the sideline and no one's going to catch hi....o wait,yes they will,and he's down,but what a great play by Jackson and the Falcons now have the ball!" :lol:. All joking aside,I do think Jackson dropping back would work and if these are some of the plays and twists Mike Smith and staff are going to do this should be a fun team to watch!

We all watched in amasement as Grady Jackson dropped back into coverage last week.I personally think he did a good job,but is was fun watching him run.Do you think that would be an effective play?I think it could be if used at the right time.He could disrupt those short timing routes if he catches them off guard.I mean nobody in the stadium exept the Falcons expected Jackson to drop back into coverage.I can hear the play by play now if he got an INT:"The QB throws the ball and Wait!Grady Jackson drops back and Intercepts the ball!He sprints down the sideline!Okay,mabye sprint isn't the right word.He races,no that's not it either.He lumbers down the sideline and no one's going to catch hi....o wait,yes they will,and he's down,but what a great play by Jackson and the Falcons now have the ball!" :lol:. All joking aside,I do think Jackson dropping back would work and if these are some of the plays and twists Mike Smith and staff are going to do this should be a fun team to watch!

I'd be willing to bet that if J.Anderson moved to the inside and occasionally dropped back, especially with the long arms, he'd throw off the timing of the underneth stuff. He's not working out at DE.... B)

I'd be willing to bet that if J.Anderson moved to the inside and occasionally dropped back, especially with the long arms, he'd throw off the timing of the underneth stuff. He's not working out at DE.... B)

That's not a bad idea.I'm trying to support him,but I'm losing hope.At least with your idea,mabye we'd get something out of the investment.