For those who want no separation of church and state...

What are your reasons?

Because from what I see it is mostly conservatives who do NOT want the separation.

And yet you say the government ruins everything it gets it's hands on. Which I agree with.

So if you are not for universal health care and welfare..why do you want the government to be in charge of religion? Does that not go against the very roots of true conservatism, which is less government involvement in peoples lives?

So folks, explain yourselves.

And which parts of religion do you want left out? Now assuming it is Christianity that is the religion that you wish the government to uphold, You realize a big part of Christs teachings were helping people and caring for the sick and needy. So we're gonna need some money for that. Will it come from taxes? But I thought you folks did not want welfare and healthcare?

Can you see now how your stance makes NO sense according to your other beliefs?

Some of you claim that keeping the state and church separated is a liberal plot. And then you claim liberals look to the government as their God.

And yet you want the government to be in God's business.

You guys are completely insane and don't have a stance to lean on.

BTW..notice I said "for those who want no separation" Many conservatives here rightfully agree there should be separation, so this is not a blanket statement. But for the ones who want no separation, you are hypocrites.

seems our friends have painted themselves in a corner here.

Mr Misguided strikes again.

It's not so much about rieligion as it is hypocrisy.

If you think it odd that liberals want to indoctrinate children into immorality and will indoctrinate them in schools

in the RELIGION OF PEACE :P, but christianity is the cross to their vampirical evil.

As I've said before, NOTHING MAKES PEOPLE RECOIL IN HORROR MORE THAN THE TRUTH

Jesus is the truth and they recoil in horror....but they'll teach our little crumb crunchers about Allah.

Should we put our hands on the bible when we go to court ??

Should we take out THE YEAR OF OUR LORD on real estate documents ??

Should cour Congressman and Senators stop making prayers to God while doing the nations business ??

Who should help the poor ?????

The Government, the Church, or the individual ???

I say the Church and individuals would be 100 times more successful.

The Church wants the Govt out of their affairs but yet the people in Govt have a right to a spiritual life.

Just because someone is in Government doesn't mean that persons spirituality is no longer available to them.

Jesus said acknowledge me in all your ways........even when you're working for an incompeten, inneffective, inefficient,

wasteful, corrupt bureaucratic entity.

Liberals are brain dead....look at what the left is doing in Britian....they are letting the crazy towel heads take over their country

with their religion and many people are leaving the country.....AND THIS IS THE LEFT LETTING RELIGION RUIN THE NATION

Jesus is Lord......liberals dont' like the truth....they'll accept a lie like the evil muslims but as I've said before

NOTHING MAKES PEOPLE RECOIL IN HORROR MORE THAN THE TRUTH

(we want to be gay and we want to be deviants...dont' let those mean Christians say we're immoral....we're just oopenminded.....boooooooooo friggin hooooooooooo)

Liberals are recoiling all over the world and calling that which is evil good and that which is good evil.

When the towel heads try to bring Sharia Law to America I guarantee you there will be PBL's going along with it.

There is a reason liberals will be so welcoming of other religions.

They'll welcome you if you worship a totem pole, Buddha, Muhammad, a Sun god.

It's the One True God liberals have a problem with.

Liberals hate America and the Judeo Christian principles the country was founded on.

Christianity is so blatantly interwoven in the nations history and culture that they know they

have a lot of work to do.....before the Godless and immoral can live guilt free.

Mr Misguided strikes again.

It's not so much about rieligion as it is hypocrisy.

If you think it odd that liberals want to indoctrinate children into immorality and will indoctrinate them in schools

in the RELIGION OF PEACE :P, but christianity is the cross to their vampirical evil.

As I've said before, NOTHING MAKES PEOPLE RECOIL IN HORROR MORE THAN THE TRUTH

Jesus is the truth and they recoil in horror....but they'll teach our little crumb crunchers about Allah.

Should we put our hands on the bible when we go to court ??

Should we take out THE YEAR OF OUR LORD on real estate documents ??

Should cour Congressman and Senators stop making prayers to God while doing the nations business ??

Who should help the poor ?????

The Government, the Church, or the individual ???

I say the Church and individuals would be 100 times more successful.

The Church wants the Govt out of their affairs but yet the people in Govt have a right to a spiritual life.

Just because someone is in Government doesn't mean that persons spirituality is no longer available to them.

Jesus said acknowledge me in all your ways........even when you're working for an incompeten, inneffective, inefficient,

wasteful, corrupt bureaucratic entity.

Liberals are brain dead....look at what the left is doing in Britian....they are letting the crazy towel heads take over their country

with their religion and many people are leaving the country.....AND THIS IS THE LEFT LETTING RELIGION RUIN THE NATION

Jesus is Lord......liberals dont' like the truth....they'll accept a lie like the evil muslims but as I've said before

NOTHING MAKES PEOPLE RECOIL IN HORROR MORE THAN THE TRUTH

(we want to be gay and we want to be deviants...dont' let those mean Christians say we're immoral....we're just oopenminded.....boooooooooo friggin hooooooooooo)

Liberals are recoiling all over the world and calling that which is evil good and that which is good evil.

When the towel heads try to bring Sharia Law to America I guarantee you there will be PBL's going along with it.

So again I ask you. You want the government out of peoples lives but into their religion.

You claim liberals worship the government but you want the government involved in your worship.

You sir, are completely lost and confused. And in the worst way because you feel you are neither.

So again I ask you. You want the government out of peoples lives but into their religion.

You claim liberals worship the government but you want the government involved in your worship.

You sir, are completely lost and confused. And in the worst way because you feel you are neither.

That huge post of his just wreaks of cut-and-paste.

IOW, not his words, but somebody elses. Probably had it in queue, waiting on a day he could actually use it.

IOW, not his words, but somebody elses. Probably had it in queue, waiting on a day he could actually use it.

All I know is he feels his religion needs the government to sponsor it so it must be a pretty weak religion if it can't stand on it's own god without mens approval.

Christianity means their personal beliefs. If you don't agree with those don't vote for them. Is he going to base some of his decisions off his personal beliefs? Of course. It's like democrats who believe in more government control. Or the Conservatives who believe in......more government control.

No, those were my words, but I don't think they look particularly good to me.

Just words on a screen....I guess that's an indirect compliment.

All I know is he feels his religion needs the government to sponsor it so it must be a pretty weak religion if it can't stand on it's own god without mens approval.

ding ding ding! we have a winner.

i cant stand pukes who want their "morals" legislated on me. **** you go and thump your own bible. im rolling chronic up in mine when i run out of zig zags.

What are your reasons?

Because from what I see it is mostly conservatives who do NOT want the separation.

And yet you say the government ruins everything it gets it's hands on. Which I agree with.

So if you are not for universal health care and welfare..why do you want the government to be in charge of religion? Does that not go against the very roots of true conservatism, which is less government involvement in peoples lives?

And which parts of religion do you want left out? Now assuming it is Christianity that is the religion that you wish the government to uphold, You realize a big part of Christs teachings were helping people and caring for the sick and needy. So we're gonna need some money for that. Will it come from taxes? But I thought you folks did not want welfare and healthcare?

Some of you claim that keeping the state and church separated is a liberal plot. And then you claim liberals look to the government as their God.

BTW..notice I said "for those who want no separation" Many conservatives here rightfully agree there should be separation, so this is not a blanket statement. But for the ones who want no separation, you are hypocrites.

I would call myself an independent, leaning towards the right a bit since I was raised by conservatives parents, but I would never want the gov. to be involved in religion, I am for separation of Church and State.

Only people insecure in their own christianity or in christianity as a whole would ever advocate any religion associated with the government.

Jesus never taught for us to try to infuse religion into government, nor did he ever preach that we should try to force christianity or christian values on others. He taught (and only taught) that you should worry about yourself and once you become a "good christian", your values will radiate out and others will willingly follow you. He also never advocated using Christianity as a means to actively fight and try to suppress islam, atheism, or any other religious/moral belief system.

If you are actually secure in your beliefs, you shouldn't need any religion in government.

What are your reasons?

Great questions all around.

I see by dummie's response that he completely missed the point.....again.

God doesn't need man....man needs God.

Conservatives just believe we shouldn't exchange the truth of God for a lie.

Gay marriage is the exchange of Gods truth for a lie.

Abortion is an exchange of Gods Word for a lie.

We just have different moral underpinnings......I believe in the Word of God.

Obviously, not everyone does......however God does say

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord"

I do believe that God is the source of our blessings.