is it TRUE the Falcons will not be on live tonight

russ7000

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think blackout rules apply to pre-season.

Otherwise they couldn't replay the game without the NFL's permission.

i think it does

anyways, how often does this happen in atlanta?

i live in maryland so iv never really experienced a blackout policy since all skins and ravens games get sold out

it doesn't. the game against the colts did not sell out and was shown live.

The game against the Colts actually was a sellout... Just a bunch of people didn't come to fill the seats. When the game isn't a sellout, by rule in the preseason, it must be shown on tape delay.

The game against the Colts actually was a sellout... Just a bunch of people didn't come to fill the seats. When the game isn't a sellout, by rule in the preseason, it must be shown on tape delay.

so how many tickets have to be sold in order for it to be considered a sellout?

So when was this decided? I could have sworn I heard them on the game last week say that they would be back on the air next Friday (today).

**** this sucks.

Oh they'll be back on, it just happens to be at 10PM! :lol: Maybe they'll clean up the game before the broadcast it.. we all know the JAX game was a mess. So glad I have season tickets.

I heard it on 680 this morning this must be a joke <_<

It is true. Mr. Blank has paid off the local TV stations and they will now not show the game live in an effort to force more people into going to the dome to spend their hard-earned money on over-priced tickets for a preseason game as well as over-priced concessions, while at the same time putting a poor quality product on the field (non-starters for a good portion of the game), and pocketing all the profits while every player on the roster (regardless of regular season salary) earns about $2000 per week.

JMO

Tickets for this game have been on sale for quite a while.. it's just not a great match up..

That still doesn't answer the question. SEASON tickets aren't sold out, period. So that means there is no way the Colts game could have been sold out. It really doesn't matter, but the reason the game is on tape delay is not because it didn't sell out. The game last week wasnt sold out, the Falcons let us know it wasn't since the single game tickets didn't go on sale until today at 9am.

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/...me_tickets.html

That still doesn't answer the question. SEASON tickets aren't sold out, period. So that means there is no way the Colts game could have been sold out.

Two words...... PROFIT MARGIN

It just wasn't there with a 1/2 filled dome for the Colts game, so not letting people watch it live might force more people to come down to the dome.

It is true. Mr. Blank has paid off the local TV stations and they will now not show the game live in an effort to force more people into going to the dome to spend their hard-earned money on over-priced tickets for a preseason game as well as over-priced concessions, while at the same time putting a poor quality product on the field (non-starters for a good portion of the game), and pocketing all the profits while every player on the roster (regardless of regular season salary) earns about $2000 per week.

JMO

I corrected your post for you:

It is true. THE NFL has CONTROL OF the local TV stations AND THEIR PRODUCT and they will now not show the game live in an effort to force more people into going to the dome to spend their hard-earned money on over-priced tickets for a preseason game as well as over-priced concessions, while at the same time putting a poor quality product on the field (non-starters for a good portion of the game), and pocketing all the profits while every player on the roster (regardless of regular season salary) earns about $2000 per week.

Your opinion is a misinformed one.

That still doesn't answer the question. SEASON tickets aren't sold out, period. So that means there is no way the Colts game could have been sold out. It really doesn't matter, but the reason the game is on tape delay is not because it didn't sell out. The game last week wasnt sold out, the Falcons let us know it wasn't since the single game tickets didn't go on sale until today at 9am.

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/...me_tickets.html

The Falcons/Colts game was sold out, it doesn't matter if people actually show up, but the game was sold out. That is a fact stated by the NFL and J.M.Moore on this board.