Bulldog fans you got to read this info on our player's strength and conditioning..

SacFalcFan

These Dawgs ended the summer with one of the top overall strength programs in some time. Even more impressive than some of the numbers I have heard is that 113 players, on average, trained every day during the summer. 113.

If bench press is an indication of just how strong a player is, then it comes as no surprise that Jeff Owens lead the way in that category for the Dawgs. His 520-pound press was the tops for the team. Tailback Knowshon Moreno was the top skill player at that station with a bench press of 425.

Tanner Strickland was the best squat performer with his 700-pound squat. That mark from the Nashville, GA native was the best for any Bulldog since Gerald Anderson in 2004. Safety Reshad Jones had a good session, too, at 585 pounds. Kiante Tripp, Brannan Southerland, Clint Boling, Vince Vance, Jeff Owens, Justin Anderson, Geno Atkins, Justin Houston, Rod Battle, Ricardo Crawford, Dannell Ellerbe, Brandon Wood, Ben Jones and Trinton Sturdivant all broke the 600-pound mark.

Linebacker Dannell Ellerbe and fullback Shaun Chapas lead the way in power clean – both snatched 400, which is the second-best mark of the Mark Richt Era. It comes behind only Brannan Southerland’s 405 mark last summer.

But it was cornerback Bryan Evans who had the top power index score for the summer. His maxes were: Beach: 410; Sqaut: 500; Clean: 331 – giving him 1,241 total pounds while tipping in at 191, which makes his power index a 6.50. Other outstanding power indexes follow: Rashad Jones (212 lbs); 415, 585, 351 = 1,351 total lbs, or 6.37 power index. Asher Allen (190 lbs); 415, 405, 341 = 1,161 totals lbs, or 6.11 power index. Mohamed Massaqoui (205 lbs); 380, 550, 309 = 1,239, or 6.04 power index. Dannell Ellerbe (236 lbs); 425, 600, 400 = 1,425 total lbs, or 6.04 power index. Rennie Curran (223 lbs); 435, 550, 353 = 1,338, or 6.00 power index.

Also, Knowshon Moreno (11th), Logan Gray (20th), Matthew Stafford (25th) and Kris Durham (26th) had impressive power rankings as it relates to other individuals on the team.

Notable true freshmen: Ben Jones lead the way for the true freshmen in terms of power index with his performance. At 290 lbs, Jones turned in 420 bench, 600 squat and 331 clean for 1,351 total pounds. Cordy Glenn had the top true freshman bench at 455, which was also good for 6th best overall on the team. DeAngelo Tyson’s 425 on the bench was second best for true freshmen and 13th-best overall. Ben Jones checked in third for the youngsters at that spot and 17th overall at bench. Jeremy Longo ended the summer with a 405-pound press as did Cornelious Washington. Ben Jones checked in at 14th overall in squats while Tyson was 22nd overall with his 550. Richard Samuel checked in third amongst freshmen with his 550-pound squat. The former Cass star checked tied for third on the team overall with his 387-pound power clean. Ben Jones, again, checked in at 20th overall on the team with his 331-pound performance.

Overall, Georgia may have had one of the top overall summers in some time. 36 players bench pressed more 400 pounds or more – tied for the most all time for a Mark Richt team. 40 Dawgs had squats over 500 pounds – the most of the Mark Richt Era. 61 players power cleaned 300 pounds or more – up from 54 last season, and good for the most players since Mark Richt arrived. And the power index for 43 Georgia players was over 5.00 – the second most all time (2005).

Here's some team weight-lifting record breakers set this year:

These are from this summer

for center - Ben Jones (600 back squat), (331 power clean

for guard - Tanner Strickland (700 backsquat, (380 power clean)

for tackle - Kiante Tripp (645 (backsquat), (374 power clean), 40-yard dash (4.82)

for fullback - Shaun Chapas (400 powerclean)

for running back - Richard Samuel (387 power clean)

for defensive tackle - Geno Atkins (4.69 40-yard dash)

for defensive end - Justin Houston (375 power clean in 2007)

for linebacker - Dannell Ellerbe (400 power clean)

for safety - Reshad Jones (415 bench press), (585 back squat), (350 power clean)

for cornerback - Asher Allen (335 power clean)

Isn't Bryan Evans the fastest guy on the team too? Impressive.

not sure if he is the fastest since we don't have all the 40 times, but he is extremely fast.. we have soo many guys on this team that have great speed. I can't wait to see these freshman play. We got some great ones.

Thats f'in scary....kinda unbelievable how strong these guys are.

I remember just a few years ago that it was a big deal if a pro player at a skill position benched over 350.

And 400 pound powercleans from multiple guys = ridiculous.

Anyone remember that commercial from 2002 for United Way where Charles Woodson is talking to a bunch of kids from the community in a weight room?

Kid:"So how much can you bench?"

Woodson:"Well there is a lot more to football than just bench pre...."

Kid:"SO HOW MUCH CAN YOU BENCH?"

Woodson:"About 300(and does a bicep pose while saying it)"

Kid:"My dad does more than that."

Another kid:"Mine too."

The whole group:"Mine too."

United Way Narrarator:"Mine too."

I remember just a few years ago that it was a big deal if a pro player at a skill position benched over 350.

Anyone remember that commercial from 2002 for United Way where Charles Woodson is talking to a bunch of kids from the community in a weight room?

:lol:

That's hilarious. I'm mad I never saw that.

I remember that.. it was hilarious..