Thomas Dimitroff

Bring It

TD is such a breath of fresh air that it's hard to describe just how great a find he was. I would love to know who it was that led him to Mr. Blank...................and thank them !!!!

TD was hired on Jan. 13, 2008. On April 26 and 27, 2008, just barely 3 months later, he engineered the Falcon's 2008 Draft, making 11 picks. THREE months on the job and Thomas Dimitroff selects what could be one of the most productive drafts in the Falcon's 43 year history.

Matt Ryan

Sam Baker

Curtis Lofton

Chevis Jackson

Thomas DeCoud

Thomas Brown

Kroy Biermann..............................to name a few.

I know, I know.............. it's still way too early to make valid predictions on how any or all of these draft picks will contribute or even survive in the brutal world of the NFL, but early indications are very, very promising, I think you all can agree.

If TD can do all this in just 3 months on the job................just think what the future of this franchise will be !!!!!

Thank God for Thomas Dimitroff !!!!!!!!!

Any comments on the ACTUAL post ??

:lol: It did kind of get lost in the nonsense, huh?

I told my wife the other day that this is the first time in a long time that I think we may actually have a GM that knows talent when he sees it. I'm a little nervous about getting my hopes up though because... well... I'm a falcons fan. You know what I'm talking about.

Drafting is the easy part...until we know how his picks turn out it's hard to grade him...plus his hardest work will probably be in the future, keeping the young stars around for the long-term, like Roddy and Boley for example. Those will be some of the toughest tests for him and the coaches. Keeping quality players around without overpaying... However I will say that he makes a good and clever impression.

Well they are certainly winning me over. I didn't want Smith or Dimitroff and I didn't like the releasing of so many veterans but both seem to be solid football men who are competent when it comes to building a team the right way.

Smith's coaching style seems very basic and fundamental and I haven't questioned anything that he has done so far in a game.

As for Dimitroff he simply put together the best draft I have ever seen the Falcons have and after years and years and years and years of dissapointment at draft time that's a relief.

After the draft, I'm ready to forgive the fact that he looks like he should be in fast times at Ridgemont high as an extra....

Other than that, I think he's doing a great job. The draft was great...as is evidenced with the little time we've had to evaluate. The hiring of Smith was great, and knowing when to fold em, and when to walk away on Joe Horn was awesome too.

TD is such a breath of fresh air that it's hard to describe just how great a find he was. I would love to know who it was that led him to Mr. Blank...................and thank them !!!!

TD was hired on Jan. 13, 2008. On April 26 and 27, 2008, just barely 3 months later, he engineered the Falcon's 2008 Draft, making 11 picks. THREE months on the job and Thomas Dimitroff selects what could be one of the most productive drafts in the Falcon's 43 year history.

Matt Ryan

Sam Baker

Curtis Lofton

Chevis Jackson

Thomas DeCoud

Thomas Brown

Kroy Biermann..............................to name a few.

I know, I know.............. it's still way too early to make valid predictions on how any or all of these draft picks will contribute or even survive in the brutal world of the NFL, but early indications are very, very promising, I think you all can agree.

If TD can do all this in just 3 months on the job................just think what the future of this franchise will be !!!!!

Thank God for Thomas Dimitroff !!!!!!!!!

Sounds good, but can you tough it out if most of these guys don't do particularly well up against other Pros in the NFL right away?

While I'm not prepared to build a temple and sacrifice to him yet, I think he's started out pretty good.

It may be time to be picking out a location for that temple, TD is for real!

Don't forget who AB pushed out of GM. Rich mcKay

Bring him home McKay! LOL! We don't see that one any more, whew!

Don't forget who hired TD, Arthur Blank.

It may be time to be picking out a location for that temple, TD is for real!

Don't forget who AB pushed out of GM. Rich mcKay

Bring him home McKay! LOL! We don't see that one any more, whew!

Don't forget who hired TD, Arthur Blank.

Tell you what, let's wait til we have a winning season, then we can bring the stones in. ;)

Call it jumping to conclusions all you want, but in the long run Arthur made the right decision in hiring TD. Dimitroff made the right decision in hiring Mike Smith. Mike Smith made good decisions in hiring his supporting cast. This will lead to good things for us here in Atlanta, I'm already on the boat and waiting. I'm not going the safe route here, it's Accept it or Bust at this point for me.

EDIT....LOL...I said Arthur made the right decision in hiring Blank.

Call it jumping to conclusions all you want, but in the long run Arthur made the right decision in hiring Blank. Dimitroff made the right decision in hiring Mike Smith. Mike Smith made good decisions in hiring his supporting cast. This will lead to good things for us here in Atlanta, I'm already on the boat and waiting. I'm not going the safe route here, it's Accept it or Bust at this point for me.

I wish I could hire myself..... ;)