Love getting Ebay purchases in the mail.

I've been thinking of selling stuff on ebay. My mom's getting older-71- and is thinking about downsizing, and me and my brothers mostly just want the family stuff. She keeps asking me to do it, but I've been putting it off. seems like it would be a pain in the butt... and honestly, it's hard to think about her moving out of the house I grew up in.

I am addicted. I buy and sell useless stuff on a daily basis. The last thing I bought was a t-shirt that has an antenna on it that glows when you are in the vicinity of a wifi signal. The stronger the signal the brighter it glows. I am going to give it to our IT guy at work as a gag gift... He's pretty nerdy.

I've been thinking of selling stuff on ebay. My mom's getting older-71- and is thinking about downsizing, and me and my brothers mostly just want the family stuff. She keeps asking me to do it, but I've been putting it off. seems like it would be a pain in the butt... and honestly, it's hard to think about her moving out of the house I grew up in.

It's not hard to sell. Once you get used to it. Whatever you sell send it with delivery confirmation and to keep it simple, I now only sell to the US. Sent two items overseas, Poland and Italy and it took at least a month for it to arrive and they got all upset about it. But when it arrived with the original postmarks they knew I didn't lie.

I had even refunded one guys money. a week later he got the package and let me know and sent me my money back.

Just set up an account and try a few small things first till you get the hang of it.

Always take the time to leave feedback. I hate D bags that have like 100,000 feedback but they never bother to return the favor.

There are plenty of books for getting started, probably for free in the library or internet.

Sad to hear about your mom and your childhood home. I grew up in a house with no inside bathroom and I would gladly buy that house today.

It's not hard to sell. Once you get used to it. Whatever you sell send it with delivery confirmation and to keep it simple, I now only sell to the US.

Plus with the gas prices international shipping has become outragous. But for me, my worst experiences have been shipping to Canada. You have to fill out a ton of paperwork for customs and the customers there always want you to lie and say it is a gift so they don't have to pay extra for customs. I just shipped something to Australia, though, with USPS and it was only $25 and got there in 6 days. I was impressed. UPS and FedEx wanted $200+ to ship to Australia.

Plus with the gas prices international shipping has become outragous. But for me, my worst experiences have been shipping to Canada. You have to fill out a ton of paperwork for customs and the customers there always want you to lie and say it is a gift so they don't have to pay extra for customs. I just shipped something to Australia, though, with USPS and it was only $25 and got there in 6 days. I was impressed. UPS and FedEx wanted $200+ to ship to Australia.

The stuff I shipped to Italy and Poland was in the 25 dollar range and took forever.

Yea, those canadians want you to lie for them all the time. :P But they buy your most oddball stuff that no one else wants. I had/have some old board fantasy games " Imperial StarFire" and they go nuts over them.

A huge seller for me has been war reenactment strategy games. Especially Germans, Poles and Italians.. Imagine that. ^_^

Sad to hear about your mom and your childhood home. I grew up in a house with no inside bathroom and I would gladly buy that house today.

Thanks. You know, it's just a part of people aging, and what not. Thankfully, she's mostly healthy and "there" mentally, so it's just a matter of the house being too much for her to manage- the yard and housekeeping type things mostly. She wants a place with one level, and is also considering Independent Living.

Sorry to get off topic. :)

The stuff I shipped to Italy and Poland was in the 25 dollar range and took forever.

Yea, those canadians want you to lie for them all the time. :P But they buy your most oddball stuff that no one else wants. I had/have some old board fantasy games " Imperial StarFire" and they go nuts over them.

A huge seller for me has been war reenactment strategy games. Especially Germans, Poles and Italians.. Imagine that. ^_^

:lol: I'm sure they just love the Pre WWII war games. And yeah, There are some things you just have to open up international shipping to get rid of.

Thanks. You know, it's just a part of people aging, and what not. Thankfully, she's mostly healthy and "there" mentally, so it's just a matter of the house being too much for her to manage- the yard and housekeeping type things mostly. She wants a place with one level, and is also considering Independent Living.

Sorry to get off topic. :)

no prob. My mom is in her 80's and going strong. Lives alone and still works part time. But she lives 300+ miles away and I'm a mama's boy so every time I call and get no answer I panic a little. :mellow: