'Harry Potter' film delayed from November to next summer

Statick

'Harry Potter' film delayed from November to next summer

Muggles, get ready for some bad news: There will be no Harry Potter movie this year.

August 14, 2008

FROM THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER

In a surprise move, Warner Bros. has moved back the release date of "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" from Nov. 11 to July 17, 2009.

In a statement, Warner president Alan Horn said part of the reason for the shift was the writers strike, which left the studio in a bit of a dearth of tentpoles.

"Like every other studio, we are still feeling the repercussions of the writers strike, which impacted the readiness of scripts for other films — changing the competitive landscape for 2009 and offering new windows of opportunity that we wanted to take advantage of," he said. "We agreed the best strategy was to move 'Half-Blood Prince' to July, where it perfectly fills the gap for a major tent pole release for mid-summer."

The studio had hoped to have movies like super-hero group "JLA" ready for the summer season, though that movie ultimately was delayed indefinitely.

Warner released the last Potter movie, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," July 11, 2007, and it became the second-largest entry from the series after the first movie.

The studio said it still plans to release the two-movie adaptation of the final book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows," as planned, with the first part still on for November 19, 2009.

"Half-Blood," which translates the sixth book to the big screen, is being directed by David Yates. According to the studio, post-production was been completed on time.

Too bad. All of the rest of these movies are going to have to carry PG-13s.

I don't see how they avoid doing so...without butchering the integrity of the books, that is.

And it's just coincednce that the star of the movie just happened to be scheduled to open on Broadway in play which features him nude and simulating sex that same November week.

B)

It is. This decision didn't even come from the movie's producers. The studio asked them to do it since they didn't have a tentpole title for next summer. Potter 6 would have made $275 million domestically in November/December if the cast went on a crime spree the week of release.

I've read all of the books, too, but I'd still like to see it portrayed on the big screen.

The movie though just isn't the same as the book. But thats usally almost always the case anyway except Lord of the Rings which at times the book was confusing.

Wait. I'm confused. How can people who watch football read those Harry Potter books?

I swear, some of you should trade in your jock straps for g strings.

:lol: Harry Potter :lol:

:lol: Harry :lol: Potter :lol:

I know a guy who is a Special Forces soldier who loves Harry Potter, who would rip your throat out for saying that. :D