How to get money back from paypal?

MarkTheBags

You can file a dispute with PayPal, but you are most likely SOL. FYI, anytime you buy something not on eBay with PayPal, pay with a CREDIT CARD. Then, you can always dispute the charge with your credit card company. At least if it's ebay, you covered up to $2,000 as long as the person has a good feedback rating.

Went through this two years ago when I bought a set of headers from a guy. Took my money, a month later still no parts. I emailed him and it was always something different (funeral, vacation, got returned was my FAVORITE). I got sick of it and filed a Paypal dispute. Honestly, it's pretty much worthless. Unless you can prove, which is usually easy, he frauded you, well that step one. If he has NO money in his Paypal account, you aren't guaranteed anything. If they can't get it from him, you're screwed.

I got lucky. I have a friend that works at Bellsouth, and the email address we exchanged messages with was Bellsouth :D . When I told him his own address, full name, and home number, he sent my money quickly, then said he was going to tell the police I was "harassing and threatening" him, HAHAHA.

From now on, PAY WITH CREDIT CARDS!!! Your credit card company will go after the scammer and get their **** money back. Paypal will not. This is why Paypal will insist over and over to pay with you checking account because they don't like to deal with the CC companies when they are tracking down a scammer. I always use my credit card to pay now and just ignore their ridiculous prompts on how "easy" and "secure" it is to pay with your checking account.

I thought about paying my CC, but I got a big chunk of debt in there... I just don't want to see it go up. What a mistake that was... :wacko:

About proving that he had money in his paypal account, can't they just check his history if he received money from me?

Yes, they'll do that. But when you get paid, the money will sit in your Paypal account, then you have to transfer it elsewhere. When you file a dispute, it locks the account until it is sorted out. If there is NO money in the account, which scammers do not leave any, they can't make him do anything.

I sent this guy some $$$ (echeck) for an item (not on ebay), but he seems to take the money and run without sending me the item. Anyway I could get some of the money back? :rolleyes:

Go to conflict resolution with paypal. I think Paypal actually holds the money longer now, also.

And if it's om Ebay. leave him nasty feedback, and he can't retaliate because sellers can no longer leave negative feedback to buyers. Which I don't agree with, but you may as well use it to your advantage. But please be sure he is being a butt first. Check his other feedback and if it's all positive, maybe there's an explanation.

I thought about paying my CC, but I got a big chunk of debt in there... I just don't want to see it go up. What a mistake that was... :wacko:

About proving that he had money in his paypal account, can't they just check his history if he received money from me?

Yeah, but can you prove you never recieved it? Like he said, they will lock his account down, but I'm sure he has a PayPal ATM card. I have one and as soon as someone pays me I go to the ATM and take the money out. I've heard too many stories about PayPal freezing your account for no reason so I don't ever leave money in there. Either way, file a dispute immediately with PP and maybe you can send the person an email and bluff that you are filling a lawsuit in small claims court to see if they will respond. Also you might can google search their email address and see if you can find out their name and location to add to the email that you are going to sue them. Maybe then they will refund your payment or send you your purchase.

Go to conflict resolution with paypal. And if it's om Ebay. leave him nasty feedback, and he can't retaliate because sellers can no longer leave negative feedback to buyers. Which I don't agree with, but you may as well use it to your advantage.

I think that's ******** too. Now we have a bunch of idiots on ebay using fraudulent payment info and unless you closely read the feedback, you'd never know.

I think that's ******** too. Now we have a bunch of idiots on ebay using fraudulent payment info and unless you closely read the feedback, you'd never know.

It is COMPLETE bs. a seller should be able to have the same protection as buyer. I have 100% positive FB but someone on a whim could just leave me negative and I am helpless. The custumor is NOT always right.

It is COMPLETE bs. a seller should be able to have the same protection as buyer. I have 100% positive FB but someone on a whim could just leave me negative and I am helpless. The custumor is NOT always right.
Check out this *** clown. He's frauded 3 people out of goods from using hacked paypal accounts (one was mine) and he's STILL using ebay. They won't do anything about him. The phone he bought using my paypal info costs $465. The seller ended up having to eat it because I disputed the charge.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...mp;myworld=true

Adding insult to injury, he left them all negative feedback.

Yeah, but they also changed it to were the negative feedback only counts against you for 12-months. So it doesn't follow you as a seller forever anymore.

But I do agree that it is BS that they don't let sellers rate buyers anymore. There is just as much buyer fraud as there is seller fraud on eBay. I guess all you can do is report it and hope they get banded. What really sucks about it is you can control the sellers you choose to buy from and make sure they have good feedback and good feedback left for others, but when you sell an item you have no control over who bids on it. I always do no international shipping and say the user must have a minimum feedback rating, but that doesn't prevent them from bidding anyways and then leaving negative feedback when you tell them you won't ship overseas.