Blackberries?

Libid21

Hey, guys. Just wondering what the best type of blackberry is. I'm looking to get a new phone (I have a RAZR V3 right now) around September 12. I was going to get the Blackberry Curve 8310, but my dad got it, and I don't really want the same phone as he does. And I looked at it, and I didn't really like it in my hands. I was thinking something like the 8820 or the 8800. I do a lot of texting, but I don't browse the internet or whatever. Just wanted to know if anyone knew about blackberries if they could help me out. Thanks. Oh and I'm with Cingular.

And again, I'm not sold 100% on getting a blackberry but I don't know of any other really good texting phones that Cingular has. So if anyone else has any clue what to do here please post. Thanks. :)

Hey, guys. Just wondering what the best type of blackberry is. I'm looking to get a new phone (I have a RAZR V3 right now) around September 12. I was going to get the Blackberry Curve 8310, but my dad got it, and I don't really want the same phone as he does. And I looked at it, and I didn't really like it in my hands. I was thinking something like the 8820 or the 8800. I do a lot of texting, but I don't browse the internet or whatever. Just wanted to know if anyone knew about blackberries if they could help me out. Thanks. Oh and I'm with Cingular.

And again, I'm not sold 100% on getting a blackberry but I don't know of any other really good texting phones that Cingular has. So if anyone else has any clue what to do here please post. Thanks. :)

if your gonna get a blackberry, then get an Iphone, since its pretty close to the same price, but if you do, then check the Pearl. im thinking about getting a pearl for Tmobile, but ill probably get an Iphone, then unlock it for Tmobile Sidekick.

Blackberry is much better then the iPhone for texting an email which is what I primarily use it for. I do go on the internet for ESPN and banking purposes, and the Blackberry is sufficient for that.

I am not in Metro area anyway so I wouldn't get the 3G network. The internet, otherwise is pretty slow.

I recommend the Blackberry for email and text and for anyone who needs a phone for business purposes.

Blackberry is much better then the iPhone for texting an email which is what I primarily use it for. I do go on the internet for ESPN and banking purposes, and the Blackberry is sufficient for that.

I am not in Metro area anyway so I wouldn't get the 3G network. The internet, otherwise is pretty slow.

I recommend the Blackberry for email and text and for anyone who needs a phone for business purposes.

You should try a Treo, they kick the balls off of a blackberry.

I love my blackberry curve 8330. It's awesome for emailing and texting, storing files like pictures, songs, videos, etc. It's got facebook (which I have no use for). The web browser is okay. It's pretty fast as long as you keep your cache cleared. I've got remote desktop (so I can work from home... or anywhere), guitar hero, and madden on there. Another thing I like about it is I can back up everything on there.

Like the other poster said, if you want to email and text then the BB would be good for you because those are the strong points. I think of it as a 'work phone' if that makes any sense. It's not flashy like the iphone but it does what you need it to do. It's the perfect phone for me.

I have a Pearl and as soon as I can get a new phone I will be. It was cool at first but the roller ball in it that use for navigation is a hassle after awhile. It gets hung up and won't roll. Its also a tad on the heavy side for the size of the phone. There are a few other things as well but I would just tell you to avoid it altogether.

You should try a Treo, they kick the balls off of a blackberry.

I've got an 8700c and it's great for email/texting. Not so great for internet.

Treo really, really sucks in my experience. First off it's a crappy Palm product and you'll either be stuck with Palm OS or Windows Mobile both of which have their own special "features" (read problems). Second off, depending on the model you may wind up with a stylus; who wants to mess with that nowadays? Third off, the "feel" of the keyboard is very stiff and doesn't give you the sense of having actually pressed a button. Fourth off, the Treo is generally larger and heavier than a BB.

I've got my Blackberry 8700c and a Treo 650 (older) right here in front of me and while the Treo looks pretty slick, I certainly wouldn't want to exchange my BB for it.

if your gonna get a blackberry, then get an Iphone, since its pretty close to the same price, but if you do, then check the Pearl. im thinking about getting a pearl for Tmobile, but ill probably get an Iphone, then unlock it for Tmobile Sidekick.

Bad idea. If you do a ton of texting, forget the iphone. It's good for retrieving email and internet, but mediocre on the keyboard.

I have the 8830 and hate it. It's too wide and long, plus, no camera. Get the curve or new bold when it comes out. They are the best out there.

If you're on Cingular (AT&T) consider a Palm Centro. For AT&T, it also comes in exclusive white and blue colors (the blue looks pretty cool, but I prefer black.

I'm on Sprint and I love my black one. It has both touch screen (with stylus.. great for playing games, imo) and a QWERTY keyboard.

Best of all, unlike the iPhone and blackberry, it fits very comfortably in your pocket.

My wife used a Blackberry and a Treo and needed a new phone for her work. She went with a pink Centro :lol: and got me a black one.

Some people hate the Palm OS or say it's old.. but I'm not going to get into that debate. I'll just say I'm really happy with mine and use it for all sorts of stuff -- Google Maps (street and satellite, with traffic reports and alerts), checking email, instant messages, calendar/scheduler (essential for me, so I don't miss doctors appointments (many) and work related appointments (freelance))... and games of course, which is great for long waits at doctors offices and airports. :lol:

I also like the "Express" application that it comes with, which I find more useful than using the Internet browser it comes with. (news and sports headlines, weather forecasts and alerts, etc..)

Anyway, I love the size of it and it does everything I need... way cheaper than an iPhone and it has both touchscreen and keyboard

I've got an 8700c and it's great for email/texting. Not so great for internet.

Treo really, really sucks in my experience. First off it's a crappy Palm product and you'll either be stuck with Palm OS or Windows Mobile both of which have their own special "features" (read problems). Second off, depending on the model you may wind up with a stylus; who wants to mess with that nowadays? Third off, the "feel" of the keyboard is very stiff and doesn't give you the sense of having actually pressed a button. Fourth off, the Treo is generally larger and heavier than a BB.

I've got my Blackberry 8700c and a Treo 650 (older) right here in front of me and while the Treo looks pretty slick, I certainly wouldn't want to exchange my BB for it.

Windows Mobile 6 has no bugs, you can't do crap on a crackberry like you can on a treo. The apps run smoother and faster, and it's a better quality unit with better quality hardware in it. The Crackberry uses dated technology. I like Motorola product too, but the Crackberry was a flop.

I would agree that the iPhone, for most purposes, is a superior phone. It might be the biggest and greatest technological device of this year.

With that being said, I will be buying a Blackberry Curve (but only because I can't switch to AT&T. I have a connection at Verizon where I get 25% off of everything).

It is better than the Pearl for texting (some people rave about the predictive text, I would prefer to have a full keyboard)

Some people just don't like Blackberry, and that is understandable. But if you want a device for text/e-mail, and can't go for the iPhone, I wouldn't get anything other than a Blackberry. Motorola and Palm have some offerings out, but RIM produces a great product, and for business purposes, it can't be beat.

What do you do for a living?