Michael Bowman on Georgia, best wr in the State of Georgia this year.

SacFalcFan

Recruiting the offer

Ridgeland wide receiver Michael Bowman wants to be commitment No. 14 for Georgia’s 2009 class.

And Bowman says the Bulldogs have promised an offer, providing he improves his test scores.

“If Georgia offered me today, I would commit,” Bowman said. “I’ve talked and visited with other schools, but Georgia has always been No. 1 with me. I’ve never changed my mind about that. I’ve felt that way since the first time I went there.”

The 6-foot-4, 215-pound Bowman is arguably the state’s top prospect at wide receiver and a member of the AJC’s Super Southern 100. He has offers from Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Kentucky, Arkansas, North Carolina State and Oregon, among others.

But Bowman’s dream school has yet to tender an offer. Said Bowman: “Georgia told me if I did well at camp, they would offer me. I went to camp and [was named best receiver]. But they didn’t offer that day. But they did tell me if I could get my test scores up, then they would offer.

“It’s kind of confusing. I know I am going to make my test scores. I’m so close now. I wish they would have enough [faith] in me to go ahead and offer.”

*** I hope UGA does finally offer this kid. He will be a dawg if offered and you add him to wooten and we are great right now going into next year with wrs. Then the 2010 wr class in the state of georgia may be the best in over a decade plus. Georgia is stacked right now and UGA has already offered Goodman and will be offering Ambles very soon.

Sac, i don't think we will offer him. I REALLY HOPE WE DO. This guy is a beast. He will look great with King and Green.

I think UGA will offer him because I think he will make the test score needed. The guy has been working on it pretty dang hard and he is the best receiver in the state of Georgia by far and he is just terrific skill wise.